PDA

View Full Version : Update available (2.3.0 / d20 build 13)

Goblin-King
October 21st, 2008, 12:46
Version 2.3.0
The campaign database now properly stores the ruleset release number used when saving the data.
Picking up tokens is now transparency sensitive, i.e. they can only be picked up from areas that are not completely transparent.
You can define exclusion groups for extensions, allowing only one in a set of extensions to be loaded. For more information, see the ruleset modification documentation on our web site.
The databasenode.addHolder function was ignoring its second parameter and always using the value true. This is now fixed.
Host only data loaded from modules will now retain any changes made between sessions. New functions have been added to support this change: databasenode.setStatic, databasenode.revert, databasenode.isIntact, databasenode.getModule, databasenode.onIntegrityChange (handler), and Module.revert. When the integrity (i.e. whether it has modified data or not) of a module changes, the onModuleUpdated event is fired, and the data obtained using Module.getModuleInfo will have a boolean value intact
Some extension scripts were searched for in the wrong location. This was fixed.
Fixed a crash bug occurring under specific circumstances when pressing ctrl-right editing text in a formatted text control.
Fixed an issue with radial menu creation that would sometimes block proper entries from being created when overlapping entities (such as nested windowlists or script driven menu items) were used.
Using PAK files for bundling rulesets no longer requires all participating clients to have the file installed. d20 ruleset build 13
Following the addition of support for saving module data changes, the adventure books now retain any changes made between sessions. The lists have new icons indicating whether data is from a module and if so, whether it has been modified. The icon control in the list will display the name of the source module when hovering the mouse over it. The radial menu, opened from the shortcut icon, can be used to revert the contents of an item back to original form. The entire contents of a module can be reverted to their original form from the module activation list, by using the radial menu of any module.Updated ruleset files

adventure_images.xml
adventure_items.xml
adventure_npcs.xml
adventure_story.xml
base.xml
graphics.xml
icons/indicator_intactmodule.png
icons/indicator_nonintactmodule.png
scripts/adventurelistshortcut.lua
scripts/moduleselectionentry.lua

joshuha
October 21st, 2008, 14:35
Using PAK files for bundling rulesets no longer requires all participating clients to have the file installed.

Do the files still get downloaded in a PAK format allowing for rulesets built properly to utilize local character creation without all the DB errors on a Lite client?

unerwünscht
October 21st, 2008, 17:45
Picking up tokens is now transparency sensitive, i.e. they can only be picked up from areas that are not completely transparent.

I think I love you.

Goblin-King
October 21st, 2008, 20:06
Do the files still get downloaded in a PAK format allowing for rulesets built properly to utilize local character creation without all the DB errors on a Lite client?
Not from the host. The files end up in the client cache if they are downloaded when joining a session.

Unlike the cache, however, the PAK file has been designed to support local installation that will properly support local mode. So if you get a ruleset in PAK form (with an installer), you'll be able to run in local mode using a lite client.

Spyke
October 21st, 2008, 20:52
The edit module in situ and revert if necessary functionality is great. Many thanks! :)

Spyke

Spyke
October 21st, 2008, 22:33
Working on the d20 changes to add into the GURPS ruleset, I make the revisions outlined above to be as follows:

1. Added the following new icons:

icons/indicator_intactmodule.png
icons/indicator_nonintactmodule.png

2. Added new script adventurelistshortcut.lua.

3. Made following changes to moduleselectionentry.lua:

Added a new function:

function onMenuSelection(selection)
if selection == 8 then
Module.revert(modulename);
end
end
Added to end of function update():

-- Integrity
if info.intact then
resetMenuItems();
else
registerMenuItem("Revert Changes", "shuffle", 8);
end
4. Added the following line to adventure_images.xml in <windowopencontrol name="open">:

<script file="scripts/adventurelistshortcut.lua" />

5. Added the following line to adventure_items.xml, adventure_npcs.xml, and adventure_story.xml in <windowreferencecontrol name="open">:

<script file="scripts/adventurelistshortcut.lua" />

6. Updated the release number in base.xml.

7. Added the following lines to graphics.xml:

<icon name="indicator_intactmodule" file="icons/indicator_intactmodule.png" />
<icon name="indicator_nonintactmodule" file="icons/indicator_nonintactmodule.png" />
Hope this helps!

Spyke

Dachannien
October 22nd, 2008, 00:07
The transparency feature is a great idea! I don't suppose, though, that you might consider putting in a configurable threshold value? That is, if we set the threshold at 200, then the alpha value at that part of the token would have to be greater than 200 in order to pick the token up there.

The reason I ask is that I made some light source tokens a while back, and they would be really useful if I could set things up so that you could only pick it up by grabbing the very center of it.

Sigurd
October 22nd, 2008, 03:28
I don't know if this is ruleset or update. It affects me on the standard d20 ruleset and the JPG d20 ruleset. Since the update players I can't switch between active characters or drop characters.

ie. The players most recent loaded character is the only one they can speak as. They can't drop their second player.

Sigurd

Oberoten
October 22nd, 2008, 04:06
I don't know if this is ruleset or update. It affects me on the standard d20 ruleset and the JPG d20 ruleset. Since the update players I can't switch between active characters or drop characters.

ie. The players most recent loaded character is the only one they can speak as. They can't drop their second player.

Sigurd

Confirming this bug. It is a major bummer. Any chance we can have a rollback or fix ASAP?

Also confirming the pre-load bug.

- Obe

Monkeyboy
October 22nd, 2008, 05:01
updated and tried to do a session using digital adventures savage worlds rule set. Anytime I did anything with the initiative tracker all the players would drop. I do mean anything, add an npc, or a pc, deal the cards, dropping a token on an entry, and all the Players would be dropped.

on the plus side, it is easier to move tokens that are jumbled together.

We played on of course.

Goblin-King
October 22nd, 2008, 08:22
Since the update players I can't switch between active characters or drop characters.

Confirmed and a fix will be out today.

Oberoten
October 22nd, 2008, 08:27
I should point out that in my general snark I missed on commenting on the positive aspects of the new release. :)

Like PAK files working as they should now as well as token transparency click-through.

- Obe

Goblin-King
October 22nd, 2008, 08:28
updated and tried to do a session using digital adventures savage worlds rule set. Anytime I did anything with the initiative tracker all the players would drop. I do mean anything, add an npc, or a pc, deal the cards, dropping a token on an entry, and all the Players would be dropped.

I didn't manage to replicate this. I tested it after the reported issues were fixed in the development version, but it did not seem to be related to the fixed issues either. Post a separate thread if you continue to have problems after the update today (2.3.1).

Monkeyboy
October 22nd, 2008, 14:33
I didn't manage to replicate this. I tested it after the reported issues were fixed in the development version, but it did not seem to be related to the fixed issues either. Post a separate thread if you continue to have problems after the update today (2.3.1).

It only happens with the existing campaign. A new one works just fine.

thanks for looking into it.

Edit: Spoke to soon. Will start a new thread.