PDA

View Full Version : Ironstone Rising (3.5)

cpbs
October 18th, 2008, 16:11
A while back I hosted a 3.5 campaign called Ironstone. It went well but because of time constraints with school and personal life I wasn't able to continue running the game. So with some free time built up I am again starting to host the Ironstone campaign setting.

If anyone that has played Ironstone before, this campaign will be different and a lot smaller in scale. I still have some old characters still on the calender sign up but some I have deleted off there. If your interested in playing, past or new to Ironstone, please feel free to sign up at the calender here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=281

So far the times I am most free are Friday nights, and Saturday mornings. Like all college student, my time schedule is subject to change at a moments notice but I will keep you informed on the calender, emails or PM's.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or post here.

Thanks,
cpbs

blacktie347
October 19th, 2008, 02:57
Hi,

I'm Matt, and new to this whole thing. But I'm an experienced RPG'er with lots more free time on my hands than I used to. I'll create a H-orc Cleric of Fharlangh (wandered out of his orc village, found Fharlangh) if that's okay with you, with a fairly strong emphasis on being a warrior-type cleric.

Let me know if you have any questions for me, and when the games will be.

Thanks.

cpbs
October 19th, 2008, 04:34
Sounds great. Stay tuned to the calender page as Ill be updating it along with more people that join.

Thanks
cpbs

blacktie347
October 19th, 2008, 04:42
Let me know when you're ready to go. I'm available during the times you listed above: Friday night / Saturday morning.

I'm looking forward to this =)

Matt

PS: Do you want a copy of my character?

cpbs
October 19th, 2008, 04:49
Sure, go ahead and send your character to the gaming email.

[email protected]

Ill review it and make sure it all ok :).

thanks
cpbs

calvinNhobbes
October 19th, 2008, 20:38
If the game ends up being Saturday morning, I would be interested in playing. Want me to apply on the game calendar and then see what the schedule ends up being?

cNh

cpbs
October 19th, 2008, 22:05
Sure, go ahead when we have more people playing we can get a tinative schedule.

cpbs
October 20th, 2008, 20:08
I am planning on hosting a small game for this campaign on Saturday. It will be more of a meet and greet. And also to let people see how I DM. If you don't want to sign up on the calender but want to still join to see how it is PM me and I'll send you the information to sign on. It should be fun. The game starts this saturday morning at 8:00am CDT.

cpbs
October 24th, 2008, 15:54
Game this Saturday at 8:00am CST/CDT. It will mostly contain making 1st level characters and meeting other players. Also Ill run a short quest at the beginning for all that come.

Thanks
cpbs

cpbs
November 3rd, 2008, 17:08
To all that are playing in my campaign, with the time change the calender is off by an hour because of the switch from CDT to CST. I added another calender time for you to vote on, its just an hour a head of the older one.

Thanks
cpbs

cpbs
November 9th, 2008, 04:43
Looking for some new players. We have 2 openings for a game this coming Saturday. Looking for experienced, easy going, mature gamers. Sign up on the calender, post here or PM and we can talk.

Thanks,
cpbs

cpbs
November 11th, 2008, 01:23
Looking for one more player in this campaign.

ThePirateKing
November 12th, 2008, 15:19
Yarr! I have returned, I'll join if you'll have me.

cpbs
November 12th, 2008, 15:24
Sure could, I excepted you on the calender :). This version of the game you are starting from a different point, from the Orthank Empires view of Ironstone.

We are getting together tonight 7:30pm CST to level characters from last game and also create characters for the new comers. If you want to join in you can. The new alias is on the calender.

Hope to see you there :)

cpbs

cpbs
January 3rd, 2009, 15:08
Had some people drop out or not showing in a while. So I am looking for one more people to join our group. Looking for a mature player, can work well with a large story arc and dependable.

We play when most people can make it. Right now we have a game coming up for Wed. 7th, at 6:00pm CST.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=281

There is the calender pages again.

Thanks for looking.

cpbs

calvinNhobbes
January 3rd, 2009, 17:00
So far it has been a very intriguing story. Plenty of combat (often in the most unexpected times and places) mixed with interesting roleplaying challenges due to some political conflicts within the campaign (which my character always seems to be on the wrong side of).

Been slow going due to people not showing. Hopefully we can get one or two more committed players!

cpbs
January 6th, 2009, 02:57
Still looking for some more players :)

Shalist
January 8th, 2009, 06:14
I'd like to give a monk/cleric concept a shot, but...err, how much advancement is there (items, plot, experience, whatever)? This thread's been here for months, yet the calender has everyone at level 2 or so.

I've got a concept I'd like to try, but he'd be pretty useless at level 1.

Jorgo Mono
January 9th, 2009, 01:03
I'd love to try this out. This would be the first time I've ever played a fantasy grounds game, so I'll need some help learning the ropes. I have an MSN account ([email protected]) if you need to contact, or send me an email at that same address. I'm at GMT -5, that'll probably matter. Still a school student, so I'm available 3pm-10pm on weekdays, and just about any time on weekends.

cpbs
January 10th, 2009, 03:57
Shalist and Jorgo Mono thanks for posting. The advancement is kind if slow because it follows a large story arch which needs the characters progress slower. Right now we have two 3rd level character, a 2nd level character, an NPC that I run and a 1 first level.

A monk/cleric word work great for the group. A game in general is 60/40 roleplaying/combat. But usually we have at least one major combat per-session.

Our next game is Wed. 21st, at 6:00pm CST. If you can make it Ill give you a try out for the game.

Thanks,
cpbs

calvinNhobbes
January 10th, 2009, 13:15
Also, we didn't play much over the holidays due to scheduling. Lots of people traveling and such.

masteraries
January 10th, 2009, 19:55
I don't know if you will have any room left, but I would like to join your group. This will be my first attempt (in a session) using fantasy grounds, so I'll need some help learning the ropes. I will send a PM with my email account if you are interested in having me. I'm at GMT -7. I work full time, so any evenings or weekends

Jorgo Mono
January 12th, 2009, 20:32
Shalist and Jorgo Mono thanks for posting. The advancement is kind if slow because it follows a large story arch which needs the characters progress slower. Right now we have two 3rd level character, a 2nd level character, an NPC that I run and a 1 first level.

A monk/cleric word work great for the group. A game in general is 60/40 roleplaying/combat. But usually we have at least one major combat per-session.

Our next game is Wed. 21st, at 6:00pm CST. If you can make it Ill give you a try out for the game.

Thanks,
cpbs

That time is perfect...What level am I going to start at?

cpbs
January 13th, 2009, 04:47
As of right now, new comers to the game start out at 1st level.

cpbs
January 22nd, 2009, 06:29
We are still looking for some people that are solid players that are dependable. Most of our games are on Sat. morning at 8:00am CST. Right now I am looking for 1-2 players that can give their time to this campaign. If you are interested Ill send you an invite to our next game. If you show you get the job, if not, then Ill move on to the next person. Right now I have at least 2 solid players and I am looking for 2 more.

Thanks again.
cpbs

Broadsword
January 22nd, 2009, 22:28
Chris what are your steady play days/times?

cpbs
January 23rd, 2009, 00:03
Our set times is usally Sat. morning at 8am CST. We also play on wed. nights that alternate with our other campaign that we play. We have a game this 31st. Sat. At 8am CST.

Broadsword
January 23rd, 2009, 15:15
What classes do you have covered?

cpbs
January 23rd, 2009, 20:28
Rogue, Wizards(s), Barbarian, Scout. Some people haven't showed in a while so if you get one of theirs classes I doubt there would be a problem. A cleric might work well for the group as in I run an NPC that is a cleric and is semi-important to the story-arc. But it would be good to pass the torch to all the PC's.

Broadsword
January 23rd, 2009, 23:17
PM me the info on the cleric please. I'll take a look at him.

Broadsword
January 24th, 2009, 13:03
Chris, still waiting for cleric info and alias.

cpbs
January 24th, 2009, 16:39
Sorry, Ive been totally absent minded. I'll send you a PM with all the information.

cpbs
April 18th, 2009, 18:27
Ok, we had a party member drop and are now looking for another player that can join in this great campaign setting.

We play on Saturday morning from 8:00pm - 12:00pm CST, ruffly 4 hours of gaming time.

We are looking for about 60% roleplaying/ 40% combat as the campaign is slowly progressing into more action.

Party level is around 3rd level as we progress slowly. So if you want to join in on this new campaign please feel free to PM me and Ill discuses it with you.

Thanks,
cpbs