PDA

View Full Version : I can guess

Aescleal
October 17th, 2008, 19:43
but I have to ask about it anyways. I did a search but came up with no results. Is there any plan, in the future (ever?) to make a Mac version?

(No I'm not trolling, I'm just curious. My preference is for using my Mac. But I keep my windows system up to date for things like this.)

Thanks,
Aes

Sorontar
October 17th, 2008, 19:56
Hi

Short answer is yes they are starting to investigate the possibility of MACs running FG.

Not got time to look but the post is there.

Tenian
October 17th, 2008, 20:22
Less lazy than Sorontar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6803&page=4)

You want post #37 :)

EugeneZ
October 17th, 2008, 23:21
Speaking as someone who has a little experience with graphics programming, unless the code base was really well designed, switching to another platform from DirectX could be prohibitavely expensive.

On the other hand, based on what I've seen of FG2, my guess is that their code is top-notch...

Basically my point in writing this is that if you are sitting on your haunches waiting for a Mac version, I would recommend you figure out an alternative solution (Parallels, etc,) because if its GOING to happen (I'll take the dev's word for it) I would be very surprised if it happens in the near future.