PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Error

Fenloh
October 15th, 2008, 13:11
What does the

Ruleset Error: No vertical anchor defined

mean? I get that one after i startet modifying the CT.

Fenloh

Tenian
October 15th, 2008, 13:22
It means you have a control without complete positioning info.
In my experience most controls are set either by using the <bounds></bounds> or <anchored></anchored>. You can set them either by using relative positions or absolute.

Spyke
October 15th, 2008, 13:50
These are sometimes the trickiest errors to track down and fix. It would be wonderful if a future update could expand that error message to include the guilty control name.

Spyke

Tenian
October 15th, 2008, 13:53
Another thing is they often spam the console full of errors. You might want to look at the log or have the console open before causing the error if possible.

A common cause of them in my experience is when I attempt to anchor one control to another and misspell a control name.

The log will actually show attempt to reference blah blah blah nil before the millions of no vertical anchor error messages.

Oberoten
October 15th, 2008, 14:16
Or even easier to find anything in... make use of the console.log file.

Spyke
October 15th, 2008, 15:09
The log will actually show attempt to reference blah blah blah nil before the millions of no vertical anchor error messages.Sometimes... at the moment the GURPS ruleset gives warnings(*) when you open an NPC, and the error message is the only thing in the log. There's no indicator which control is causing the problem. I think this is because the anchored widths are defined dynamically in a script, but I've not yet had the time to go through this in detail to work out what the exact issue is.

Spyke

(*) You'll only see this if you have the console log open. It's presumably affecting performance, but doesn't seem to hurt the functionality. It's on my list of bugs to solve!

Spyke
October 19th, 2008, 15:17
... at the moment the GURPS ruleset gives warnings(*) when you open an NPC ... Ha! Finally solved this! The fix will be in the next update of the GURPS ruleset.

Spyke