PDA

View Full Version : n00bie question

Lord Albert
October 11th, 2008, 15:40
(I have just installed the game)
When I whant to make a new campaign, the only thing that the game lets me do is changing the atmosphere (day, night, fire...). I have just seen the video tutorials and they have many options (story, tokens, characters ...)
Anyone knows where's the problem? :confused:
Thanks for all :o

Griogre
October 11th, 2008, 20:45
Just to be clear - FG is not a game, it’s a virtual tabletop simulator for RPGs. If you are using the demo then you can't change anything permanently. If you have a full version you can input things in the various "books" on the right by press the red new button.

Reading the User Guide might help with the confusion: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide/

Lord Albert
October 11th, 2008, 21:05
The thing is I havent got any books on the right. Just this atmpspheric button.
:cry:

Spyke
October 11th, 2008, 21:19
Can you post a screenshot?

Lord Albert
October 11th, 2008, 23:08
Hope you find what is wrong:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_A_w0RWFwwcg/SPEjCO-PnjI/AAAAAAAAAEg/hStGJTpphGA/s1600-h/fgr.jpg

Sorontar
October 11th, 2008, 23:12
I'm guessing a bad installation.

Griogre
October 11th, 2008, 23:13
You are clearly missing a lot of the desktop. I would unistall and then re-install.

Edit - out typed by Sorontar. :p

Spyke
October 11th, 2008, 23:13
:confused:

You're right. That is definitely not the way it's supposed to look. It looks as though you haven't got a full install. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling (are you using the demo or a purchased licence - let us know if it was Full or Lite)?

I`ve got to head off now (getting late in the UK), but someone else here will probably help you.

Spyke

Oberoten
October 12th, 2008, 01:51
What OS are you running? Xp, Vista? You might have to run the install as an admin on Vista?

- Obe

Griogre
October 12th, 2008, 02:05
No you don't want to do that. Installing as Admin in Vista turns off virtulization and results in paths that can't be found by the app.

If anything it looks like he may have installed as admin, because stuff is missing. Still, it looks more like a corrupt or bad install with all those missing buttons.

Oberoten
October 12th, 2008, 02:11
*grins* Well, I am holding on to my beloved old XP. Next computer MIGHT run Windows 7... but that depends a LOT on if it manages to impress more than Vista.

Lord Albert
October 12th, 2008, 08:55
Maybe its my vista.... damn it...

Lord Albert
October 12th, 2008, 12:06
Ok, I installed again in xp and it works :P

Oberoten
October 12th, 2008, 12:44
They will have my XP when they pry it from my cold dead HD.... Oooh.-shiney new OS..... Thank God I change HD's often?

Wired
October 12th, 2008, 20:48
Poor Vista, destined to be hated for all of eternity?

Foen
October 12th, 2008, 22:17
I don't hate Vista, au contraire (please pardon my school-boy french) it is better than XP IMHO.

Foen

Oberoten
October 12th, 2008, 22:47
Nah, only until it gets forgotten.
- Obe