PDA

View Full Version : Tokens looking for a home

unerwünscht
October 9th, 2008, 22:12
I am still willing to create free "generic" tokens for the community. I am however not willing to run and maintain a website to host them any longer. Is anyone willing to host free token packs if I make them?

sondermann
October 9th, 2008, 22:30
I could host them together with my own first token pack in the eDonkey network.

unerwünscht
October 9th, 2008, 22:59
That would work well for the content that I have finished at the point in time that you finish yours, but I am constantly buying new brushes, and effects for Adobe and Corel. Not to mention all the font packs we buy around here. I could keep "generic" tokens coming at a rather steady rate.

sondermann
October 9th, 2008, 23:20
What I meant was: I already have a generic token pack shared via eDonkey (it's not that good - so enough with the self promoting). I can also share your tokenpacks in the same network, but of course as different files. You can then publish the link here or wherever you want. You simply have to get the token pack to me I'm thinking rapidshare (but any one-klick hoster would do the trick). Although I'd understand if you'd want a more convienient home for your tokens. Cause o get those tokens users must use an eDonkey client variant (e.g. eMule) to download them.

EugeneZ
October 9th, 2008, 23:34
I am working on creating a small site that will make it easy for me to manage exactly the type of resources you are refferring to. I would be happy to host any FG2-compatible files that anyone produces. Until a better machanism is developed, I can only provide S/FTP access, not a web form (yet).

Edit: Well, it's complete, web form and all: https://fg2.eugenez.net

VenomousFiligree
October 11th, 2008, 07:18
RPG Virtual Tabletop (https://www.rpgvirtualtabletop.com/index.html) would be willing to host them too.

Phil

unerwünscht
October 11th, 2008, 11:02
I would be more than happy to have them hosted at both locations.

EugeneZ, looking at your site it seams you are using the Joomla CMS for the site itself. I'm not sure which download manager/distribution center you are using, but was wondering if it would auto-create the preview thumbnails, specifically from png images within a zip file as each pack has the letters a-z and numbers 1-9. I can create a thumb for each set that is not an issue, but would need to know what size the thumb should be.

MurghBpurn, I would just need to know how you would like the files sent. The "generic" packs are all very small, so even gmail should work fine for those. However I am working on a set of map icons (secret doors, traps etc...) at the moment and not sure what gmails file size limit is. I know the map icons will be a bit larger tho not sure how large.

Oberoten
October 11th, 2008, 13:18
Gmail size limit is 10 Mb if I don't missremember.

VenomousFiligree
October 11th, 2008, 13:26
I've pm'ed details on how to upload files, let me know if it works ok.

Does this mean RPG Zone is no more?

EugeneZ
October 11th, 2008, 18:26
Yes, I am indeed using Joomla, with the Remository plug-in. It can create previews for you but only if you are uploading an image file. If you have your own thumbnail, you can upload it (second file selector on the form). The preview thumbnail will be resized to 100x100 for showing on the summary page. If the thumb is clicked, it expands to a 600x600 image. So, ideally you would upload a 600x600 image for the "thumbnail" but it can be anything, really, as long as the dimensions are the same. I suppose if you don't want to do a 600x600, a 100x100 would make the next-most sense.

Let me know if you have any more questions.