PDA

View Full Version : Change campaign rulesets?

turelus
October 6th, 2008, 21:56
I hope this is the right forum for this kind of question its not really a technical problem just something I wanted to know.
Is it possible to change a campaigns ruleset once you have started it or do you have to copy across all the information and have players remake characters?

Griogre
October 6th, 2008, 22:32
It is possible to change rulesets, especially if the rulesets use the campaign data just in different ways. Naturally, if you try to do this type of thing *always* make a backup copy of the campaign before you play with this. Even if the rulesets use different data you may still be able to change rulesets and just re-input the part of the data that the different ruleset uses. The ability to change rulesets is directly tied to how similar the rulesets are. It is trivial to convert from a d20 default ruleset campaign to a d20_JPG ruleset campaign (and vice versa). On the other hand I don't really see how you could really convert from a default d20 campaign to a Savage Worlds ruleset campaign. The data is so different you might as well re-enter the character and other data.