PDA

View Full Version : Earthdawn ruleset

joshuha
October 5th, 2008, 20:02
Anyone here every play the classic FASA Earthdawn? Its now owned by Redbrick www.earthdawn.com and the books/PDF they publish are essentially the exact same system as FASA with some slightly tweaking/balancing done and combining multiple sourcebooks into gigantic player/GM books.

I have a FG ruleset that works pretty well for the system and have permission from Redbrick to release the ruleset to the community. I still need to do a few tweaks like adding in an NPC sheet but I should have something released within the next week or two.

Oberoten
October 5th, 2008, 22:27
Very nice. :) I have heard GOOD things of this one. :)

-Obe

Sigurd
October 6th, 2008, 03:09
That Sounds Great

joshuha
October 20th, 2008, 04:29
Here's a flash demo of what I have in the ruleset so far.

Warning Large file (65 megs). https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/earthdawndemo/earthdawndemo.html

Also some important notes:

Any rules text in there, like for the talent I showed, were typed in manually. The ruleset does not contain any text from the books built in.
I showed off a few features of Fantasy Grounds itself because I am getting the Earthdawn forum goers used to the idea of a virtual tabletop.
I may release it soon, but the combat tracker is very basic with just name fields and init values to keep track of who goes when. No NPC/monster rollable sheets exist yet so I just make macros for there attacks for now.

ArthurLovat
October 20th, 2008, 19:16
A friend of mine talks very fond of Earthdawn and it's storyline, so I'm very interested in your ruleset.
Thanks for the work you put into it!
Hopefully there will be some games popping up in the forum soon! ^_^

The Overlord
October 21st, 2008, 00:09
I played Earthdawn years ago, and would like to see some campaigns advertised here on FG2. Good job on the rule set. hmm... thinking about my old character now :)

joshuha
November 29th, 2008, 17:58
I am going to go ahead and release this even though I have not had a chance yet to build an NPC sheet or updated combat tracker. My Sunday night group has disbanded so I am not currently playing Earthdawn so less motivation to finish this.

Some things to keep in mind with the ruleset:

Earthdawn uses a step system to determine which dice to roll. This is built into the character sheets and can be called manually from the chat line using "/step X" where X is the step number.
Earthdawn uses exploding dice and this is built in.
You'll see that the onHover events on steps on the character sheet will auto-index into the step table and show you the dice to be rolled. Also the steps can be double-clicked or drag-rolled.
Talents and Spells have a link to a bigger window to type in full descriptions of those.
Since initiative is rolled every round, the combat tracker has a space next to the init result box to list that entries init step for it to auto-roll each round for everyone and announce that.

Things that someone else can work on (or I will at some later point):

Character sheet main page could probably use some de-cluttering as space is kind of tight.
Unconscious and Death numbers need an easy way to add in the Durability talent values. Currently you can use the mouse wheel on those and the defense/armor fields to represent temporary modifiers but maybe need a field popup to note permanent increase. The Attribute have something like this on the radial menu for legend point increases.
NPC sheet needs to be done. All that is there now is the description field where I type in notes on the step values for the NPC but have to roll everything manually using /step X or setup macros.
Combat tracker is just names and init/init step values to keep track of order. Useful fields such as death ratings, wounds, etc. need to be added.

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/earthdawndemo/Earthdawn.zip

PneumaPilot
November 29th, 2008, 22:29
Earthdawn was the best ever! Man, I miss FASA... :(

adammar
November 30th, 2008, 02:44
Thanks for the work. - Now I just need to find some players....

Cody
April 2nd, 2009, 15:43
The link seems to be dead and I'd love to get this ruleset. Anywhere else I can nab it from?

joshuha
April 2nd, 2009, 23:59
I will try and host it on the fouruglymonsters.com website tonight or tomorrow. We recently did an upgrade and migrated directories and I did not include that in the migration.

Dershem
June 22nd, 2009, 02:09
Any word on where this ruleset went? The link I tried did not work.

Thanks

joshuha
June 22nd, 2009, 04:15
I will rehost it again in a few days. Moved some files around on the FUM site.

Dershem
June 22nd, 2009, 14:08
Thank you so much!

Sterlinganon
June 22nd, 2009, 19:51
Is anyone getting a game of this going? I loved the ED system.

Dershem
June 22nd, 2009, 19:59
Is anyone getting a game of this going? I loved the ED system.

My plan is to eventually probably in the next month or so I need to familiarize myself with FG a bit more first, then pick up the new ED3 books ;) Which don't release til next month!

heffe2001
July 2nd, 2009, 14:48
Did this ever get re-upped to FUM?

Dershem
July 3rd, 2009, 00:30
Any chance on this getting loaded again?

joshuha
July 3rd, 2009, 01:07
Just finally got around to be able to upload the the FUM downloads section. Check out the Fantasy Grounds category or the link here: https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/downloads/doc_details/79-earthdawn-character-sheet-ruleset

Dershem
July 3rd, 2009, 01:25
Awesome! Thank you so Much

Oberoten
July 3rd, 2009, 01:52
Can I link this from the Wiki?

- Obe

joshuha
July 3rd, 2009, 01:53
Be my guest.

Oberoten
July 3rd, 2009, 05:12
And it is done.

- Obe

Dershem
December 17th, 2009, 22:47
Don't suppose anything else has been done to this has there?