PDA

View Full Version : Foundation Ruleset v0.2

Foen
October 5th, 2008, 07:13
Folks

Please find a revised version of the Foundation ruleset below. The update reflects improvements to the quality of the code rather than functionality, although I have added an extension to allow GMs to lock player character sheets.

Character Sheet Locks (https://www.witheredlands.co.uk/download/charlock.zip)

This allows GMs to set the preference to 'No' (unlocked), 'Yes' (locked) or 'Mostly' (locked, but the Notes tab remains editable). This isn't really core functionality, but some folks have asked for it and it also demonstrates how to use preferences with ruleset extensions.

Stuart

Foundation v0.2 (https://www.witheredlands.co.uk/download/Foundation%20v0.2%20R49.zip)

Oberoten
October 5th, 2008, 09:37
*chuckles* ... you know I tried implementing the notes functionality in my own ruleset by looking on this.

What files exactly and templates does it pull from? I have had... some pretty fun times trying to chase them all down getting errors in the most unexpected places until I replaced the utility_notes.xml with the old one again. (Sadly because this one looks a LOT better than the baseline. )

All I'd really want is the same functionality I had in FG1, IE, GM can see all notes and possibly share them with the players if the one normally running the char that has them is not present for the session.

Foen
October 5th, 2008, 10:01
The notes functionality also uses a remote command mechanism - it isn't possible to create shared notes from the client side so the host has to be told to do it instead.

The remote command facility is implemented in chatmanager.lua and exposes registerCommandHandler, sendCommand and executeCommand.

Stuart

BTW, this *does* give the GM the ability to grant read access for absent players' notes to the other players.

Oberoten
October 5th, 2008, 10:08
The notes functionality also uses a remote command mechanism - it isn't possible to create shared notes from the client side so the host has to be told to do it instead.

The remote command facility is implemented in chatmanager.lua and exposes registerCommandHandler, sendCommand and executeCommand.

Stuart

BTW, this *does* give the GM the ability to grant read access for absent players' notes to the other players.

Very nice. :) I'll take a better look at this now then.

(( In the meantime I canibalized the parser from the NPC entries to autofill skillnames on the player charactersheet. :) ))