PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Image display size

Gurlock
October 4th, 2008, 07:16
Hey there,

I'm having some mind boggling issues with the display size of images within the client. The display window for the image does not seem to always correlate with the actual shape of the image itself.

For example: Say I have a 2:1 height to width ratio image. It may come up in FG in a square box instead of a rectangular one like the actual shape of the image. If this happens I can only zoom out until the smallest dimension of the image reaches the size of the image window, and am forced to scroll around inside the image to see it all.

I hope that explanation makes sense. It doesn't seem to be really related to the size of the image. Sometimes I'll have, say, a 1000 x 600 pixel image and it will come up in a tiny box maybe 300 pixels wide.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm using the 4E_JPG ruleset if it matters.

Oberoten
October 4th, 2008, 07:26
This is because the maximum size for an image to be displayed is 700 x 700 I believe. If the image is bigger than that it will still be there, just not displpayed, you can scroll it down to the other side.

Sorontar
October 4th, 2008, 08:36
Not sure if it will help but you can manually change the shape of the window by ctrl+dragging the bottom right corner.

You can also change the max size of windows in the xml but I can't recall where at the moment and I'm rushing out the door. Maybe one of these fine chaps can recall how that is done and let you know?

Griogre
October 4th, 2008, 10:35
It's not just the frame size. If one side is 50% larger than another FG always shows a square of the smaller side. I assume they did this because the minimum resolution is 800x600 and they were trying to keep the frame small enough to fit on a small desktop.

Gurlock
October 5th, 2008, 03:52
Not sure if it will help but you can manually change the shape of the window by ctrl+dragging the bottom right corner.

You can also change the max size of windows in the xml but I can't recall where at the moment and I'm rushing out the door. Maybe one of these fine chaps can recall how that is done and let you know?

You beautiful, beautiful man (or woman). Thank you.

Sorontar
October 5th, 2008, 13:36
You beautiful, beautiful man (or woman). Thank you.

:blushes: :)

Glad it helped