PDA

View Full Version : Savage European Fridays (GMT+1)

Waldo Pepper
October 2nd, 2008, 14:33
I mentioned this in another thread - I'm currently planning on starting up my bi-monthly (every other week) Savage Worlds European game. We play from 9pm - midnight GMT+1.

I'd like ~3-4 dedicated players but will take up to 5 (any more than that and things start to bog down online). As far as the specifics of the game goes, I'm pretty open to a variety of options. Here are the ideas I have at the moment:

1) Dark Matters: Sort of Cthulhu meets Supernatural meets the X-files. Modern day horror game.

2) Savaged Eberron: Fantasy campaign set in the Eberron fantasy setting.

3) Solomon Kane: Straight out of the SW book.

4) Sundered Skies - the new Triple Ace setting, run with a sort of Pirates of the Caribbean type style game.

If you're interested, reply to this thread (if you haven't already PM'd me); please vote on which options you'd prefer so we can save some time there as well. The plans are to get started the last week of October but meet earlier for a group character generation session.

sondermann
October 2nd, 2008, 15:06
Hi Waldo.

I really like to play (as you can see in my other posts here and over at FUM).

My preferences are
#1 Dark Matter
#2 Eberron & Solomon Kane
#3 Sundered Skies

I have never played Savage Worlds, but I'm really excited to give the system a try. I have played Classic Deadlands and Rail Wars (the precursors of Savage Worlds) back in the day.

Should you plan to run Eberron: I know the first three published adventures.

I cannot play at the last weekend of october (I'm working at the games expo in Essen - visit me at the Imp's Shop booth :)).

My native tongue is german. So my spelling/grammar might unorthodox - maybe I can play a non-native speaker in Dark Matters *g.

I'll send you my skype contact via PM.

Valarian
October 2nd, 2008, 15:19
I'd like Dark Matters

Ephyzul
October 2nd, 2008, 15:38
I'm in.

Dark Matters or Solomon Kane.

Waldo Pepper
October 2nd, 2008, 16:40
I cannot play at the last weekend of october (I'm working at the games expo in Essen - visit me at the Imp's Shop booth :)).
LOL. I'll be there too, though likely only on Sunday. In past years I've run demos at the Ulysses/Privateer Press booth.

My native tongue is german. So my spelling/grammar might unorthodox - maybe I can play a non-native speaker in Dark Matters *g.
No worries. Your grammar in English can't be any worse than mine in German. It looks like Dark Matters is it since 2 out of the 3 replies voted for it so being a non-native speaker would also work.

Valarian
October 2nd, 2008, 17:04
Sondermann could be a GSG-9 guy come over to play at Quantico ;)
Be nice to dust off the Jack Raven character

Waldo Pepper
October 2nd, 2008, 18:21
Exactly. We might alter things just a bit depending on what we all decide in terms of tone/emphasis of the game but irregardless it's time for Jack to come back out of retirement.

ArthurLovat
October 2nd, 2008, 18:39
Hi there!

That sounds like fun and I'd like to join in!
As with Sonderman, English isn't my first language, but I think I'll manage.
I love Savage Worlds and I have a little experience GMing Necessary Evil and playing in a Solomon Kane campaign.

I prefer to play on weekdays.

My preferences are:
1. Solomon Kane
2. Sundered Skies
3. Dark Matter

Don't like straight fantasy so much... sorry, Eberron!

Waldo Pepper
October 4th, 2008, 12:34
I'll be using my FUM group (Friday Night European Gaming) to post game info, deal with OCC info, etc. Please head over there and subscribe to stay up to date.

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/index.php?option=com_groupjive&task=showgroup&groupid=11

Dark Matters is going to be involve all the PCs being part of the B.S.R.D. - The Bureau of Supernatural Research and Defense which is an official, but black-ops federal bureau that's on par with the FBI. BSRD is a tip of the hat to Hellboy's BPRD; the game is going to be somewhat similar but more a blend of supernatural (rather than paranormal, other worldly kind of stuff seen in HB) occurrences/creatures along with a "what were the Nazis thinking? kind of metaplot.

Ephyzul
October 10th, 2008, 17:53
Unfortunately i dont think i will be able to commit to these sessions so I shouldn't probably start. Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to join the group.