PDA

View Full Version : A list of bugs

kaffien
September 30th, 2008, 18:12
Fantasy Grounds 2.2 is the version I'm using.
These bugs occur in both 3.5 and 4th edition rules sets

Cannot minimize the game window.

If you use the 'show desktop' button games will likely 'crash'
there is no error just no response to mouse clicks or keyboard
keys.

Also I would like to know why fantasy grounds 2.2 randomly crashes if you are 'away' /
not actively using it. It just closes. And gives the following error in event viewer.

Event ID 1001

Fault bucket 927286721, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: None
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: FantasyGrounds.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 48ca6fce
P4: FantasyGrounds.exe
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 48ca6fce
P7: c0000005
P8: 00004101
P9:
P10:

This happens on vista 64 and vista 32 bit. I have yet to test on XP.

I do not use a screen saver nor do I use auto screen shutoff. Other directx apps
do not behave like this. This happens in the time it takes me to get a cup of coffee sometimes.

Also note, this happens on multiple machines. Even a fresh format.

Griogre
September 30th, 2008, 20:38
The minimize button is greyed out. It is non unusual for DirectX apps to not use minimize (though they can in windowed mode).

What has happened here is FG has lost focus. It is not meant to be minimized but that is just what you did with the show desktop button. FG assumes it always has focus (this is not unusual for DirectX apps). You need to give FG back the focus and it will start working again. If you are going to multitask it is easier to use FG windowed. Just drag it to fill the screen other than the task bar. Then when you use something else and want to go back to FG then just click on FG's taskbar. If you had FG maximized when you lost focus just window and maximize FG twice by right clicking on the desktop, that will give FG back the focus.

I have no idea what your idle crash is. As you don't have a screen saver, I would suggest you make sure nothing is going into "sleep" mode either. Are you on a Laptop?