PDA

View Full Version : Interest in a 4E one-shot demo game?

Xorn
September 30th, 2008, 00:14
I've had an inquiry about when I will run another one-shot 4E intro game, and now seemed like as good a time as any. Characters will be pregens, and the adventure will be from the June 7th D&D GameDay (Into the Shadowhaunt). I expect the whole session to be finished within 4 hours, possibly faster. If you've never played 4E, it's a good little introduction to what you should expect.

I'd prefer to run the game on the weekend, but if weeknights work out better for most folks, then I'll make that happen. If you would like participate, reply here and put the times you are available from this coming Friday (10/3) to the next (10/9). I will be running this demo game in that period of time. Ideally I'd like a full group of five people, but I'll run with as few as three and as many at six.

Weeknights I can play from 7:30 PM Central till Midnight. During the weekend I'm pretty open, except 10 AM to 2 PM Central is my gaming group's game.

Signed Up So Far (If the time slot works for them):
1. SpaceCommander Zax (late Fri/Sat preferred--late arrival)
2. Sigurd (late Fri/Sat preferred)
3. Kenshin (late Fri/Sat preferred) <-- Central Time
4. RiverRat (late Fri/Sat, Sat preferred)
5. Grix (Sat night should work)

Right now I'm aiming for 8:00 PM to Midnight (Central) on Saturday, October 4th. I'll post more details tonight.

SpaceCommander Zax
September 30th, 2008, 02:37
Hi
I'm interested in the one shot demo. I've got the books but have not had the opportunity to try out 4Ed. I'm in the eastern time zone (same as new york) so your 7:30pm would be 8:30pm here (I think....) - only problem is I've got 2 young kids so it's possible I may not be available till closer to 9:30-10pm as I'll be trying to get them to bed. Would it be possible to drop in a bit late (even if only to watch the mechanics of Version 4?).

Friday would probably be best, although I could probably handle a Sunday night (but because of the kids, any time before about 9:30pm Eastern isn't likely for me anyways). As I said, if someone else wants to play in the time slot, that's not a problem - if I could dial in as a guest and watch a bit that might also help me see how 4th ed works.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
SCZ/Jeff

Sigurd
September 30th, 2008, 03:18
Very Interested xorn.

I'm up for a late Friday or Sunday too. I can do earlier but I'd be happy to give you some more numbers in the after 9pm EST crowd.

Sigurd

Xorn
September 30th, 2008, 15:07
Late Fri/Sat would be great for me, actually. I only need only more person to run a fun game, and the person that asked me about the game hasn't posted yet, so I'm pretty sure we can set the game time for late Fri/Sat soon.

Tokuriku
September 30th, 2008, 15:14
I'm definitely interested too.
I'm in Japan so I'm +9:00 from Standard Time.
I like playing in the morning on weekends which would place my best time span from:
8 pm to 2 am for people in EST or
7 pm to 1 am Central if I'm not mistaken.
Please keep in mind that sunday for you becomes monday for me so it's a no-no but if you'd game friday or saturday in these times, count me in!!!

Seabass1313
September 30th, 2008, 17:09
I'm also interested... Still unclear about this weekend but if I can it would be friday or saturday night GMT.

RiverRat
September 30th, 2008, 17:16
I'd be interested as well. Fri/Sat nights are good for me. Sat prefered. I'll double check my schedule tonight when I get home. I've played a session or two of 4e, so I have a pretty good idea how it works. Looking forward to trying it out with jpg ruleset.

RiverRat

Grix
September 30th, 2008, 22:33
I see the preferred 5 players listed above me, but if you are still accepting a 6th I'd be very interested in participating in a demo run by the proverbial master of demos :)

-Grix

-EDIT-
I believe the 8-12 Saturday night window works for me but I will confirm by tomorrow.

Xorn
October 1st, 2008, 00:39
Updated the list, need to know if Seabass and Grix can make a Saturday game (around 8p to Midnight Central), if so then the recruitment is closed. After that details will follow.

We will use a GSC voice server for out-of-character, and in-game chat for in-character. You can find it at www.getgsc.com.

EDIT - Fixed link, thanks Sigurd!

Sigurd
October 1st, 2008, 01:28
I think you mean

https://www.getgsc.com/

not gsc.com which is an investment portfolio.

- Sigurd

Tenian
October 1st, 2008, 02:33
You should also make sure you all get the same version. The beta clients will not talk with non-beta ones. The users can see each other but not join voice servers together.

Seabass1313
October 1st, 2008, 07:25
I must, regretfully, bow out of this one. Last minute vacation plans caught me off guard. I'd love to take part if another one is planned though...

Xorn
October 1st, 2008, 13:35
GSC Version 1.00 Build 2069

Grix
October 1st, 2008, 18:31
Ok. I'm officially good to go.

What prep should we do beside the chat client? Characters, loaded rulesets, materials reviewed, etc.

Xorn
October 1st, 2008, 23:37
I'll post details up tonight when I get home from work. I'm the only person that needs to have the ruleset, so all you need is GSC. I'll be putting up a quick list of the characters available though and anything else you should know before we start.

I'm planning on Saturday, Oct 4th, 8 PM to Midnight, Central. The server will be up all day Friday so everyone can download the ruleset ahead of time. Like I said though, I'll post more details tonight.

Xorn
October 2nd, 2008, 14:28
I planned on putting up a web page with the pregens on it, but didn't get around to it last night, so instead here's the list so you can start thinking about which one you want to play:

Kelric, Human Fighter
"If it pays well, count me in."
Kelric is a brawny human fighter who wears scale armor and fights with a bastard sword and heavy shield. If the price is right, the adventure is right.

Evon of Pelor, Human Cleric (Pelor, Good)
"Pelor's divine radiance shall consume the wicked!"
Evon is a devout cleric of Pelor, prominently displaying his crest over his chainmail. With a worn and battle-tested mace in one hand and holy symbol in the other, Evon inspires his comrades by example.

Desand Quickfoot, Half-Elf Rogue
"It's all in the wrist."
****y and self-assured, Desand is a nimble pilferer of goods. Nimble and charming, he has the wit to survive anywhere and the skill with a blade to keep his throat from being slit. Wears leather armor and prefers the elegant rapier, but is quite accurate with a hand crossbow.

Durgen Darksteel, Dwarf Fighter (Good)
"I will not cow to the whims of evil men."
A long time friend of Evon, Durgen carries his mighty greataxe into battle with ferocity and skill. Wearing blocky scale armor, Durgen is found on the front lines wherever wicked men lurk.

Althaea Gildleaf, Eladrin Wizard
"What matters now is that you stay clear of my spells."
Almost as intelligent as she is arrogant, Althaea is an accomplished orb wizard, and joined the party some months ago in her quest to unlock the greater arcane power in the universe.

Grix
October 2nd, 2008, 15:43
I'm up for any of them, but the Human fighter is least appealing to me. I'll be playing another sword & board defender in a different game soon and would like to diversify if possible, but I'm not all that picky if that's what's needed.

RiverRat
October 2nd, 2008, 15:53
I've tried a rogue and a wizard, so I would like to try out an fighter, perferably the dwarf one. But like Grix I'm just happy to play, so any will do :D

Sigurd
October 2nd, 2008, 16:31
Would most like the Wizard. But am happy with any

Sigurd

Would love clear direction as to the actual time.

Grix
October 2nd, 2008, 17:25
I'm planning on Saturday, Oct 4th, 8 PM to Midnight, Central. The server will be up all day Friday so everyone can download the ruleset ahead of time. Like I said though, I'll post more details tonight.

Sigurd, I hope that helps.

Xorn
October 3rd, 2008, 01:45
Grix covered the time I think. I got the adventure module made just now. All that's left is to scan the map in (I'll do that after the debate) and I'm good to go. I'll send out PM's tomorrow.

Xorn
October 4th, 2008, 02:34
FYI, three folks have downloaded the ruleset and claimed a character, looking forward to the game tomorrow, check your PMs for the server & voice info!

1. Kelric (Space Commander Zax)
2. Durgen Darksteel (RiverRat)
3. Althaea Gildleaf (Sigurd)
4. Desand Quickfoot (open)
5. Evon of Pelor (open)