PDA

View Full Version : Sunday D&D 4.0, H1 Keep of the Shadowfell: 3-7 PM PST(GMT-8 )

Griogre
September 29th, 2008, 05:20
If you have missed playing the Keep on the Shadowfell module here’s another chance. Obviously, if you have already played in or read KotS this would not be a good game for you. The goal of playing the H1 module is learning the new rules, having fun and doing some role playing. This is a weekly game. I have one, maybe two players already. I will take up to six players. It is possible I will run H2 Thunderspire Labyrinth after this module – I have not yet decided.

New players to 4th Ed or Fantasy Grounds are welcome for this game. The game will use 4th Editions standard 22 point buy for character stats and only the races and classes out of the Player’s Handbook. The module pregen character’s are available also. It you have any other questions let me know.

I use a dedicated Teamspeak server for voice so you will also need a working mic and headphones or a headset in addition to Fantasy Grounds. I use voice for narration and combat descriptions and rule questions/clarifications. “In character” roleplaying is done in FG’s chat. PM or respond to the thread if you are interested.

Quisario
September 29th, 2008, 20:03
Hey Griogre,

I've only played a trial of Keep (one session) a while back. The time/day is perfect for me. I know you mentioned that after the adventure you might continue onwards in another adventure. Did you mean that you might end it the campaign entirely our you're just trying to decide on which module to run after? I ask because I'm hoping to find a continuous game again.

- Q

Griogre
September 29th, 2008, 23:56
Quisario, I haven't decided what will happen after I finish running KotS. The reason I am going to run this is because I am running it for another game so I have it already input so it is not much work for me to run it. Currently I think this time and day is a good one for me. If that turns out to be true then I will keep running at this time slot.

Unfortunately, I can't really say how well this time works for me until I run it a month or so - that's why I am saying I'll run KotS for sure but am waffling after that. With a 4 hour time slot I expect this game to take a minimum of several months.

Pheonix-IV
September 30th, 2008, 07:14
Pity i've already played KotS, the timing for this one is perfect for me :(

Tokuriku
September 30th, 2008, 15:01
I sooo wish I could join this game but the timing is a bit off for me.
Since I'm in Japan, it would put it on monday morning starting at 7 am and one has to keep his day job right...

Gman
September 30th, 2008, 17:41
Hello Griogre, I would be interested in playing. I have not played any 4th edition yet, but do own the players handbook.

Griogre
September 30th, 2008, 21:06
That's fine Gman. Have you thought on what character yet? The other player currently commited is going to run a Warlock. I am going to use a group I have over at FUM to run this game. The address is here: https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/index.php?option=com_groupjive&task=showgroup&groupid=18&Itemid=53
I'm using this group instead of one on this site so we can still play and talk to each other if the FG site is down.

Gman
October 1st, 2008, 17:20
Posted in the FUM forums. Will probably run a dwarven cleric.

Griogre
October 1st, 2008, 18:27
Gman, I saw your post. Welcome aboard. :)

I still have two to three slots open for those interested in playing.

xaotik1
October 1st, 2008, 21:07
I posted this in the other group, but it seems like it'd be better off placed here.

Looking forward to getting the game under way. Luckily, it seems as if my dwarven warlock will not be stepping on anyones toes, so I'll use him, if you all don't mind.

You can find him at:
https://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=13718

As you can see, he is a scourge type warlock with the infernal pact. Not particularly strong in melee, he does however have a decent ranged attack. He is definitely not a rogue, but he has strong tendencies that lean in that direction. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

Of course, this is assuming that I am the one that you had mentioned playing a warlock earlier, if not, I can easily come up with something else. Half the fun is in building em anyway. :)

Ephyzul
October 1st, 2008, 22:47
I wouldn't mind joining you all if you don't mind having someone on board new to PnP as well as FG. I would be willing to make or use a pregen to cater to the needs of the group just to get my feet wet a bit. I have the 4E PHB, not sure if I will need anything else.

Griogre
October 1st, 2008, 22:48
Xaotik he seems fine to me. It does looks like you build him with the standard array - which is fine - I don't think it hurts him. Depending on your character concept I can see lowering his int to raise his charisma a bit but if you want to keep your Arcana skill high that's good too.

freemanjc
October 3rd, 2008, 00:18
I would interested in playing. I am new to both 4th Ed and Fantasy Grounds. Since the move out to the East I have looking to get back into Gaming.

Regards

Griogre
October 3rd, 2008, 03:38
Hey, Freemanjc. I saw your post and responded to it on the FUM forum, you're in. :)

If anyone is still interested in the game I will take one more player and that's it. The first session is this Sunday.

TwilightWalker
October 5th, 2008, 20:54
Interested!...already sent you a PM,just need your approval and the game connection information.

Griogre
October 5th, 2008, 22:24
You are in and the last one. Connection information is/will be posted on the FUM forum shortly.