PDA

View Full Version : problems during my first game

sondermann
September 27th, 2008, 02:56
I ran my first Fantasy Grounds II game today using Fu Leng's L5R ruleset. And let me say this first: We had a great time and I'm glad to have found FG. I'm amazed how smooth everything went, considering that we (two players and me, the GM) had never used Fantasy Grounds before.

Nonetheless we encountered two problems:
(1) Images: Sometimes images wouldn't load at my players side. They either got the error message "could not complete file transfer" and the image wouldn't show at all, or the image would just flash for a brief second before it couldn't be seen again. Te remedy this I had to reshare/update the image (sometimes up to four times) until both players could see it. This is mildly annoying. How can I prevent this? Neither the size of the image nor the fact that the images were part of a module, I then forced my players to load, changed anything.

(2) Tokens: My players couldn't see any of the tokens I included in the module (I used Xorns technique to include the tokens in my module and to properly link them to the personalities). The tokens I had in my host token subfolders worked fine. This is rather annoying. I know I simply could copy all the tokens into my host folder, but I really like the way the tokens are included in a module. Is there a way to fix this?

My Details:
Fantasy Grounds II 2.2.0
Ruleset: L5R (https://www.mediafire.com/?0dmjwp2mddm)

Griogre
September 27th, 2008, 03:54
1) The smaller the transfer size (which usually is pretty different from file size unless you happen to be tranfering bitmaps) of the images the less problems you will have with them. Images will cause you less problems once they are cached.

2) One of the fixes to 2.2.0 was module tokens. You don't want to follow the original to tutorial method of double exporting.