PDA

View Full Version : How do people handle delay actions in combat tracker

MeepoSose
September 23rd, 2008, 22:46
I'm thinking initially of D&D 3.5 and 4E rulesets. One commonly used PC action is for them to delay their action. When I do this at the table, I pull their index card out of init order and put them in a separate stack. It's not uncommon for me to have several people and monsters in this alternate stack and then when they end their delay I put them back into the stack at the current init. If two people want to end their delay at the same time, I let the person with the highest original init go first.

How do people handle this in the existing rulesets for FG2?

ThunderYak
September 23rd, 2008, 23:28
Once the player ends his delay, I change their initiative number on the tracker.

MeepoSose
September 26th, 2008, 07:27
Thanks for the suggestion.

I ended up playing a regular table-top game with the 4E ruleset Tuesday night and it went really smoothly. We still used D&D tiles and figs but I used the combat tracker for two large combats and for quicker rules/monster look-ups. Previously we were just barely getting through one fight encounter in a session using index cards for inits and we made it through two pretty rough ones in about the same time.

I'm hoping to get a few more sessions in like this to build up confidence to run some fully remote games as well. For delays I ended up just CTRL-mouse-wheeling the init down until the char moved below the next PC/monster in line. That worked pretty well, but I had to pick up and drag the current active cursor up again before I clicked on next turn.