PDA

View Full Version : Four Ugly Monsters hacked?

Spyke
September 20th, 2008, 20:01
Is it just me or has the FUM site been taken over by some hackers rambling in Portuguese?

A quick Google on their handle (H4ck3rsBR), shows a lot of attacks back in 2004. But maybe I haven't got my ear to the ground on this sort of stuff.

Spyke

Sorontar
September 20th, 2008, 20:05
Well it looks that way yeah.

docplutonium
September 20th, 2008, 20:38
The Translation is as follows....

What separates a successful person loved by his family respected and admired by friends all?

You can talk that is lucky or that a person born in this cradle of gold or be "standard the globe. "

But what really distinguishes it is the determination, the willpower, the hunger to learn and improve the search for knowledge.

The attitude of loving without discrimination and always thinking of the common good and not just in their own well.

So do not and do not compare with most because unfortunately the majority of example and not nothing!

AGREEMENT FOR LIFE!

To contact a professional or do not follow the low email:

Total loosers, they spew about "common good" and then basically spray paint all over some guys just trying to make their way...

Pinheads....
Doc

Blue Haven
September 20th, 2008, 20:46
They are from Brazil not Portuguese ok? their is a big diference ok...

docplutonium
September 20th, 2008, 21:38
Do the hackers from Brazil not ruin the work of honest men like these do ?

Face it, they're scum. Doesn't matter where they are from.
Doc

unerwünscht
September 20th, 2008, 22:01
Actually I have no idea where they are from, but they are part of a Russian hacking clan. They hit Obi pretty hard last week, and were the absolute downfall of our site last year. At first I was under the impression they were targeting Fantasy Grounds oriented sites looking for a vulnerability in the site as to collect Registration Keys.

I no longer think this is the case, I think they may have been hired by an unnamed Game Maker, to attack the table top community at large. I say this because D&D online games, a play by post site, was also attacked and taken several months back.

Sorontar
September 21st, 2008, 00:24
They are from Brazil not Portuguese ok? their is a big diference ok...

Blue-Haven no-one was having a pop at the Portuguese just stating that the language was Portuguese (the national language of Brazil), and I think we can all agree that the hackers are scum.

Anyway hope everything is sorted soon and secured.

devinnight
September 21st, 2008, 01:11
Well this does suck.
I'm not sure where Josh is.. I will take a look here in a bit when the girls are sleeping, not sure what to do though.

I'll post again once we figure out what to do.

Sorry everybody.

-D

ShadeRaven
September 21st, 2008, 05:18
Man, I am sorry to see you guys hit. That really is disappointing. I am not sure why some others find pleasure in the misery of others to whom they have no good reason to do inflict it upon.

At any rate, here's hoping that it gets sorted out soon enough and that your wonderful site will be back out there for everyone to enjoy.

unerwünscht
September 21st, 2008, 05:41
Man, I am sorry to see you guys hit. That really is disappointing. I am not sure why some others find pleasure in the misery of others to whom they have no good reason to do inflict it upon.

At any rate, here's hoping that it gets sorted out soon enough and that your wonderful site will be back out there for everyone to enjoy.

I agree, it's no secret that I do not like a majority of the FUM people, but even I think this is taking it WAY too far, and if there is anything we can do to assist let us know.

Tho I am not sure you are getting hit by the same people that hit us at this point. When we were hit all they did was go through our database, delete the entire site, and post a "hacked by" image on our front page.

Oberoten
September 21st, 2008, 08:23
Mhm... I got hit by Russian, rather inept hackers trice by now. First two attemps they just managed to bounce off how primitive my site really is.. third time I ended up loosing a few days of data.

Lowlander
September 21st, 2008, 09:20
This really sucks :(

You guys have a wonderful site going there, and I can't think of a reason why they would specifically target FUM. Maybe it's just because they can, or that you were using a system that had a known vulnerability of sorts that they scan the net for.

I hope you can get things up and running again soon!