PDA

View Full Version : New game: D&D 4E for New players

XpressO
September 15th, 2008, 09:24
I've been thinking for a while now that I could run a weekly or bi-weekly D&D 4th edition game. I would start with H1: Keep on the Shadowfell using the default setting, maybe implementing something of my own. Maybe afterwards we'll go for H2 and H3.

Player requirements: None. You can be D&D veteran new to FantasyGrounds, or you could have never played D&D, anyone can join. (Oh, it seems I lied :o You need FG2 Lite with the newest patch to play :))

Gamemastering style: I have tried a very narrative style during combat, but it doesn't work for me. So if "He rolls 25 and hits, does 12 damage" doesn't scare you away, this is a game for you. Maybe it's even better for the new players.

Characters: We can use pregenerated characters from the first adventure, or you could create your own, depending on how you want it. EDIT: If you want to create a new character, a copy of Player's Handbook is a must (preferred even when using pregen characters.)

First sessions: I will teach new players how to use FantasyGrounds2 in conjunction with how to play D&D 4th Edition.

Time-zone: I am located in Finland in Europe, and currently using EEST (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_European_Summer_Time) (EET in Winter). This means, I prefer European players, but anything can be arranged.

Questions?: Answer to this post or PM me.

Last thing to note is, that the player group size will be 4 or 5, so be quick if you want to be a part of this. Want to keep the group size small because of this being a game for new players and there's lots of teaching involved :)

Hope to hear from you!

-XpressO

zabulus
September 15th, 2008, 09:44
I am interested, provided play would be on wednesdayevenings? I am on GMT+1. I am fairly new to FG (although I have DMd in it about a month now) and completely green to 4th edition (although I have DMd 2nd edition for about 15 years now). Other than that, I am very open, willing to play any style and any class.

EDIT: Oh, and I absolutely hate voicechat in RPGs, so I hope you don't want to use that :)

sethstejskal
September 15th, 2008, 09:49
I'm interested! What days/times were you going to have this?

XpressO
September 15th, 2008, 10:00
Zabulus wrote:

I am interested, provided play would be on wednesdayevenings?
I have a session as a player at 10pm(EEST), so Wednesday after that is a no-go for this game.

and I absolutely hate voicechat in RPGs, so I hope you don't want to use that
I won't be using voice chat :)

sethstejskal wrote:

I'm interested! What days/times were you going to have this?
We will have to discuss it on this board thread.

XpressO
September 15th, 2008, 10:57
Okay, so let me know what do you think about a game on saturday at 12pm (noon) EEST (meaning 10am BST). Calendar link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=334

EDIT: you can suggest a new session time through calendar

zabulus
September 15th, 2008, 10:59
Unfortunately, at the moment I only have wednesdayevenings available to play. If it's not then, I will have to bow out :(
Have fun, guys! :)

XpressO
September 15th, 2008, 11:30
Unfortunately, at the moment I only have wednesdayevenings available to play. If it's not then, I will have to bow out :(
Have fun, guys! :)

It's still under discussion :) I can go Wednesday's for example 5pm to 9pm EEST.

sethstejskal
September 15th, 2008, 20:32
That Wednesday time works for me!:)

XpressO
September 15th, 2008, 21:45
Hello all, we have one to two spots open, check the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=334) and apply if you like to play on the group which starts on Wednesday 5pm EEST. Remember, this is a group for NEW players, either to D&D or/and FG :)

middlemonster
September 15th, 2008, 22:00
I have already signed up on the calender. I'm relatively new to 4th edition and FG2

XpressO
September 15th, 2008, 22:11
Yes, and I think one person who contacted me through PM is also going to sign up so couple of positions are still open.

middlemonster
September 15th, 2008, 23:02
I posted the days I'm available on the calender but unfortunately if I make a mistake than I can't edit it so I'm going to post it here for your time zone.

These are all EET

Tuesdays 19:00 (24-hour) or 7pm (12-hour)
Wednesday 17-21:30 or 5pm
Thursday 19:00
Friday 19:00
Sunday 19:00

Those should help.

middlemonster
September 17th, 2008, 22:05
Sorry, I missed the game this morning strangely I didn't wake up on time. So your going to have to count me out. Sorry again.

XpressO
September 17th, 2008, 23:46
This game is still looking for one or two players. So refer to my original post and if this sounds like a group for you, then don't hesitate to join! :)

peonic
September 18th, 2008, 11:24
Hi there, if you're willing to take a COMPLETE newbie (both to FG and 4e and pen and paper roleplaying as a whole!) then count me in!

I played my first session of 4e (my first ever taste of roleplaying outside of an MMORPG) this week, absolutely loved it, and am now keen for more (my group can only meet once every couple of weeks, hence me dipping into to Fantasy Grounds).

Hopefully I shouldn't require TOO much hand-holding!

XpressO
September 18th, 2008, 12:17
Hi there, if you're willing to take a COMPLETE newbie (both to FG and 4e and pen and paper roleplaying as a whole!) then count me in!

I played my first session of 4e (my first ever taste of roleplaying outside of an MMORPG) this week, absolutely loved it, and am now keen for more (my group can only meet once every couple of weeks, hence me dipping into to Fantasy Grounds).

Hopefully I shouldn't require TOO much hand-holding!

I think you'll fit just right in. I could give you a private lesson of the things we went through last time, if you want to. Just tell me when you have time.

peonic
September 18th, 2008, 13:52
PM sent :)

XpressO
September 29th, 2008, 11:39
We still need ONE player!

You can refer to my original post about what kind of gaming group I'm running, but basically it's a group for new players either to FG or D&D 4th edition (or both). We haven't started the campaign yet, since we NEED one player more!

The regular game session is held on Saturdays at 9pm EEST (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_European_Summer_Time). If you are interested, please check our calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=334) so you'll see what kind of character is needed, although you can create what you want to :)

Hope to get one more player!

Ephyzul
October 1st, 2008, 22:03
I would like to join you all if the spot is still available. I am new to PnP as well as FG though. I have the 4E PHB and would be willing to use whatever type of character that the group would need or work cohesively with existing characters. I am available at any time Fri-Sun. Mon-thurs I will be available after 7pm. I hold weird hours so time zone won't be an issue.

I was actually in Finland this past summer visiting my family in Helsinki.

XpressO
October 1st, 2008, 22:25
I would like to join you all if the spot is still available. I am new to PnP as well as FG though. I have the 4E PHB and would be willing to use whatever type of character that the group would need or work cohesively with existing characters. I am available at any time Fri-Sun. Mon-thurs I will be available after 7pm. I hold weird hours so time zone won't be an issue.

I was actually in Finland this past summer visiting my family in Helsinki.

I'm sorry to tell you that we already have six players and it's quite a big group as it is. I would love to take you but I cannot handle too many players. If a spot opens up for some reason though, I'll contact you :)