PDA

View Full Version : Modules Question

bobthebuilder
September 14th, 2008, 00:45
I created these modules which work great, had them on my computer for many months. However, when I close FG 2 down after a game session, all masked maps unmask automatically when I re-load FG2. This is a problem when I need to keep rooms hidden from players to the next session. At the moment it means re-masking all my masked images at the start of every session to show only those rooms the PCs have been in. Before I created .mod files this never used to happen.

How do I keep masked images masked when using a module that I created?

Tenian
September 14th, 2008, 01:53
I don't believe there is any way to save masking. It is on the requested features list.

bobthebuilder
September 14th, 2008, 01:55
Okay, thanks for your reply.

Griogre
September 14th, 2008, 02:10
It's a known bug. The masks on a module map have the wrong path to the mask image. You are slowly piling up a number of "orphaned" masks in your campaign folder.

There is a work around. Copy the map you put in your module into your main campaign image folder. It somewhat defeats the purpose of modules but typically you don't have many maps, and you can always delete it out of your main campaign when you are done. Masking is remember properly in the main campaign.