PDA

View Full Version : Living Forgotten Realms - WATE 1-1 - "Heirloom" - 9/19/08

chipmafia
September 13th, 2008, 13:38
I will be DMing the following adventure on 9/19/08, 9PM EST:

WATE1-1 Heirloom

An old tutor asks the adventurers to recover a stolen family heirloom for a “down-on-their-luck” Waterdhavian noble family. A Living Forgotten Realms adventure set in Waterdeep for characters levels 1-4.

If you would like to play, please do the following:

1. Send me a link to your character sheet, or email me a pdf.
2. Send me your RPGA number
3. Check you have the latest version of FG2 and Ventrillo.
4. Post on this thread so others can get an idea who is playing.

If you have questions, please ask. This will be my first experience DMing an RPGA event, so I'm looking forward to it.

Habbalah
September 13th, 2008, 20:29
What time are you planning on running this?

chipmafia
September 14th, 2008, 05:19
That would be important - 9pm EST

middlemonster
September 14th, 2008, 15:38
I thought we were supposed to get the RPGA number from you?

Level 1 Tiefling Wizard/Warlock

I'd like to be a genasai if possible

Habbalah
September 14th, 2008, 17:13
Ok, I'd like to join in. I'd like to play a warlock of some kind, but I want to decide on the race and pact once I get a chance to look at the FR Player's Guide. Some of the previews I've seen of the dark pact looks interesting.

Oh, I can get vent so I can hear conversations, but I don't have a mic so I can't respond. But, I'm a fast typist so I haven't had any problems keeping up in the past.

Tenian
September 14th, 2008, 17:53
My current LFR character is a level 1 Tiefling Cleric. I might make try something new if anything in the Player's Guide looks exciting.

nimrand
September 16th, 2008, 02:58
I'm interested in playing.

Character: Daniel Runewind - Level 1 Human Swordmage from the Dalelands

I'll email you my info shortly.

Ganadai
September 16th, 2008, 03:44
I have a level 3 Elf Ranger and a level 1 Orc Cleric. The e-mail link doesn't seem to work. Could you PM me with your e-mail address? Thanks.

Talen
September 16th, 2008, 04:39
Hi, I'd love to play as well...Level 1 human Warlock.

chipmafia
September 17th, 2008, 05:02
As of right now, the game is currently closed to new players. However, if you would like to be on a "waiting list" let me know.

Thanks for everyones interest.

Ganadai
September 17th, 2008, 09:02
I'm looking forward to Fridays game!

Currently our party will consist of:
Level 1 Cleric
Level 1 Swordmage
Level 3 Ranger (Archer) (mulit-class Cleric)
Level 1 Warlock
Level 1 Warlock
Level 1 Wizard (multi-class Warlock)

One defender, one leader, three strikers, and a controller. Looks like a good group. With three strikers we should make quick work of any enemies. I'm very interested in seeing how well the swordmage does as a solo defender.

Beowulfe
September 17th, 2008, 10:49
As of right now, the game is currently closed to new players. However, if you would like to be on a "waiting list" let me know.

Thanks for everyones interest.

I would like to be put on the waiting list.

Tenian
September 17th, 2008, 15:19
Will the server be up any time before the actual campaign to allow for the input of characters, set hotkeys and to give us a chance to download and patch in any files we need?

The 4E_JPG sits at around 10M before you put any modules, tokens, or maps on top of it. In my other games if three or four people connect at once it takes a good 15-20 minutes before everything is downloaded and running.

Also are you running FGII 2.2? I discovered last night that clients running 2.2 can not connect to a host running an older version.

Ganadai
September 17th, 2008, 21:32
Will the server be up any time before the actual campaign to allow for the input of characters, set hotkeys and to give us a chance to download and patch in any files we need?

I sure hope so. I've been meaning to ask the same question.

middlemonster
September 17th, 2008, 22:03
I'm not going to be able to play, I found another game to play in last week and I am going to stay with it. (its on fridays) so the guy on the waitlist can take my spot.

Habbalah
September 18th, 2008, 18:38
I'm still in. I just need to create a character. But, I would like to play a TWF ranger instead of a warlock. So, we'll still have 3 strikers, but one will be melee instead of ranged. I haven't picked the race yet, but I was interested in sample drow ranger that appeared in the FR Player's Guide. But, I'm also interested in creating a Conan-esque character which would be human.

chipmafia
September 18th, 2008, 19:22
New PM sent. Current player list is:

Habbalah
Tenian
nimrand
Ganadai
Talen
Beowulfe (tenative - waiting on his response)

Ganadai
September 18th, 2008, 23:59
Just FYI, the server is currently up. Check your PM's for the server alias. FG is downloading the ruleset has I type this. Since middlemonster dropped and habbalah has decided to change his class, we'll have:

Habbalah - Ranger (Melee)1
Tenian - Cleric 1
nimrand - Swordmage 1
Ganadai - Ranger (Archer) 3
Talen - Warlcok 1
Beowulfe - ?

Beowulfe
September 19th, 2008, 02:49
Just FYI, the server is currently up. Check your PM's for the server alias. FG is downloading the ruleset has I type this. Since middlemonster dropped and habbalah has decided to change his class, we'll have:

Habbalah - Ranger (Melee)1
Tenian - Cleric 1
nimrand - Swordmage 1
Ganadai - Ranger (Archer) 3
Talen - Warlcok 1
Beowulfe - Cleric 4

I've added my character. He's a ranged cleric of Silvanus.

Ganadai
September 19th, 2008, 09:53
So did we ever decided on a voice chat program? GSC is free. We used it last week and it seemed to work fine. Only problem we ran into is that the beta version doesn't work with the standard version, but the people with the beta version just installed the standard version instead and it worked.

Otherwise, if someone has or wants to host a vent server I have it installed too.

chipmafia
September 19th, 2008, 10:23
GSC sounds like the best option for us. Let's just go with that.

Tenian
September 19th, 2008, 11:53
Standard or Beta GSC? It makes a difference because users on different versions can see each other and text chat but can not join voice sessions across versions.

Talen
September 19th, 2008, 12:28
Standard might make most sense if you dont have already since most of the group is already using that

chipmafia
September 20th, 2008, 17:08
Thanks again guys for a great game. Sorry we went late. Looking forward to our next session.

Talen
September 20th, 2008, 19:32
Thanks for running the game! The last battle was alot of fun...serves the bad guy right for trying to escape from a second story window in the middle of a battle.

nimrand
September 21st, 2008, 17:00
Thanks for running the game! The last battle was alot of fun...serves the bad guy right for trying to escape from a second story window in the middle of a battle.

Yeah, I loved that part. Talk about winning by the skin of our teeth, though!