PDA

View Full Version : New Game: 3.5 D&D

unerwünscht
September 13th, 2008, 09:08
I have decided to bite the bullet, and run another D&D Epic. It will be set in the World of Greyhawk and revolve around a party of adventurers less interested in saving the world from absolute destruction, and more interested in earning fame and money (Tho saving the world could be a good way to pull that off, probably not the easiest).

The game will run once every other week (or once a week if it is convenient for all players. Tho I think every other week is easier for most people to commit to) from 22:00 - 2:00 GMT (AKA 5pm-9pm EST). What day is open for debate, whatever works best for the players, I am pretty open.

unerwünscht
September 13th, 2008, 09:52
To avoid some issues I will detail the Character Creation Rules:

All Characters will be created as per the rules in the PHB
All stat rolls MUST be made and logged on the server!
All Characters will begin play at level 1!

Allowed source material:
PHB
DMG
Complete Adventurer
Complete Arcane
Complete Divine
Complete Warrior
Frostburn
Sandstorm
Stormwrack

Allowed races:
All of the races in the PHB
The races noted as playable races in the MM, MMIII, and MMIV
Any races noted as playable in the books under "Allowed source material"

Psionics will not be allowed....period.

KnuckleHead_7
September 13th, 2008, 15:31
Posting to show initial interest, I've been looking for a good 3.5 game for a while. I would be available to play on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday at the times listed. Are you using voice, or is it text-only? How many players are you considering for the game?

Malken
September 13th, 2008, 18:14
Interested, tuesday and thursday after 9pm ET are good for me, or Saturdays evenings.

The Overlord
September 13th, 2008, 20:50
Usually anytime between 5-9PM EST during the week will work for me. Perhaps on Saturday.

unerwünscht
September 13th, 2008, 22:03
Posting to show initial interest, I've been looking for a good 3.5 game for a while. I would be available to play on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday at the times listed. Are you using voice, or is it text-only? How many players are you considering for the game?

It will be a text only game. I am from Indiana, but lived in New Orleans for a very long time, so first I can be pretty hard to understand sometimes. That and the evil laugh can sometimes give too much away right at the wrong time.

I hope to have around 5 steady players for the game, but knowing the nature of web based games, in order to get 5 steady player, you need about 8 to start with, and then add in others as needed.

I also hope to start this week sometime, wish I could start today, but I have things that must be done around the house.

calvinNhobbes
September 14th, 2008, 01:56
I'm very interested. I've been DMing a 3.5 campaign based in Greyhawk with FG for almost 2 years now, and would like to get in a consistent campaign from the player side.

My ability to play will depend on the final game time/day and my work schedule. 5PM-9PM EST is usually good for me, but it can vary.

KnuckleHead_7
September 14th, 2008, 03:04
I can't do Saturdays at 4pm CST, rarely am I out of work by then. Perhaps later that evening, but another day would be optimal. I don't know if I could commit to even every other Saturday, due to a social life.

Since there's four would-be players, what types of characters are you thinking about (if any)? I've been playing casters for a while, so I was thinking about a Swift Hunter, but thats in Complete Scoundrel :( Just curious.

calvinNhobbes
September 14th, 2008, 06:00
I would most likely play a rogue/wizard multiclass.

Malken
September 15th, 2008, 01:21
Ill play a Basher type, some kind of fighter build.

Garignak
September 15th, 2008, 05:10
I could play either a fighter type or a magic user doesnt matter

unerwünscht
September 15th, 2008, 06:32
Welcome aboard all, When would be a good time for everyone to do a meat and great, and some character creation? I find its generally best to do a short "session" before an actual game to get to know one another a little, and get that pesky character building stuff out of the way.

Malken
September 15th, 2008, 20:28
Let me know what days/times it's gonna run if you finallized it.

KnuckleHead_7
September 15th, 2008, 23:45
Yeah, PM us a time/day to roll some stats and see if we can't get a party generated. I could do that pretty much whenever, as long as its after 5pm CST.

In other news, my girlfriend just bought me 3 of the Order of the Stick books! *Squeal*

The Overlord
September 16th, 2008, 00:09
I am available 6PM-12AM weekdays, and 7-11AM or 4PM-as long as it takes on weekends CST. Rogue or Warmage works for me.

unerwünscht
September 16th, 2008, 00:19
Yeah, PM us a time/day to roll some stats and see if we can't get a party generated. I could do that pretty much whenever, as long as its after 5pm CST.

In other news, my girlfriend just bought me 3 of the Order of the Stick books! *Squeal*

You lucky S.O.B. I love that comic strip. But as of yet, have not managed to get the books.

unerwünscht
September 16th, 2008, 07:51
I was going to close the game, but I will not let degenerates push me away. I will not run from a digital bully. So game on guys. :-)

Tho if I am doing my math correctly on timezones we seem to have a small issue.

KnuckleHead_7
September 16th, 2008, 12:39
I was going to close the game, but I will not let degenerates push me away. I will not run from a digital bully. So game on guys. :-)

Tho if I am doing my math correctly on timezones we seem to have a small issue.

What? Whats the problem? And who's a bully?

unerwünscht
September 16th, 2008, 13:18
It's a very long story, and I won't point fingers to the "bully" in question. But none of the people in this thread have done anything wrong (except maybe myself). As such it would be unfair of me to abandon this game, because of someone unassociated with it.

KnuckleHead_7
September 16th, 2008, 19:03
As to the timezone problem, it appears after reading the posts that 8pm Central (9pm Eastern) on Thursday would be a good time to do a meet-n-greet, as well as roll stats up. Am I correct, can everyone make that day/time? Perhaps then we could further discuss a game time/day, in a real-time conversation. That would probably be easier, anyway.

Malken
September 16th, 2008, 19:41
Im busy every tuesday/thursday from 7pm to 9pm ET, but I can start at 9:20-30 pm ET and go till how long you guys want to, even if is 2-3 am ET =). I can't however make it at 9 pm.

calvinNhobbes
September 17th, 2008, 01:59
Thursday 9pm EDT should be fine for me.
cNh

KnuckleHead_7
September 18th, 2008, 05:18
So tomorrow at 9pm ET, and we'll hang around for Malken. OP, are you going to pm us the I.P./alias for the game?

unerwünscht
September 18th, 2008, 06:04
That will work.

Malken
September 18th, 2008, 06:17
Ok Ill be there, around 9 30pm ET. We going to roll for stats, or do a point by? Or not deceided yet?

unerwünscht
September 18th, 2008, 11:50
We will be rolling for stats, point buy though more balanced, is less flexible in my opinion.

The Overlord
September 18th, 2008, 22:17
I can make it @930pmET

unerwünscht
September 18th, 2008, 22:52
If anyone interested in playing did not get the server alias, please let me know. I will check the site again a few time before and during the meet and greet.

Malken
September 18th, 2008, 23:27
Ill be there 9 30 pm ET myself.

Kunsgnos
September 20th, 2008, 01:22
Is there still an opening in the game for another player?

unerwünscht
September 20th, 2008, 04:47
There are plenty of openings in this game, I currently have 2 assistant GM's who can help me out with it, and another 4 on standby if they become needed. The plan is for the game to become an epic campaign. Thus it will be split into a few parties, will travel the gap from level 1 - 20 and possibly beyond.

At the current point, if I am not mistaken the votes were for a session on Tuesday nights from 9:00pm till about midnight maybe longer if the players are in for it, and another party on Sunday nights from 5:20 till about 9ish here again maybe longer if the players are in for it. All times EST.

It should be noted that I might have the times backwards... I have trouble keeping times straight.

unerwünscht
September 20th, 2008, 22:04
So how many players do I have here for Sundays game? and what time are we starting it?

also we are still accepting to players as the game rolls on so if anyone else is interested please let me know.

calvinNhobbes
September 21st, 2008, 00:03
unerwünscht,
Sent you a PM with some questions.
cNh

The Overlord
September 21st, 2008, 00:13
I'm good for Sunday around 6pmEST, maybe earlier. Will let you know if sooner.

Malken
September 21st, 2008, 02:59
Im good for tuesdays.

Tbone
September 21st, 2008, 15:54
I'm interested... sunday at the time you mentioned is definite possibility, and only other day I could.. do, perhaps, is thursday.

Hmm.. a charming roguish swashbuckler would be interesting to play.. or a bard. Heck, I trend towards frontline fighters, but a change is good.

unerwünscht
September 21st, 2008, 16:52
I have bad news for everyone, regarding tonights game. I will unfortunately have to cancel. Tuesday is still good to go, but my assistant DM and roommate has been missing for 2 days now, and I have to go find him.

I hope everyone understands, and I am truly sorry.

Tbone
September 21st, 2008, 17:48
No worries.. these things happen. I could pop by on tues, not sure when though, due to work. Hope ya find him.

unerwünscht
September 21st, 2008, 18:58
Well its 2pm here now, and I have been up for about 52 hours and still no luck.

unerwünscht
September 22nd, 2008, 07:18
I should have guessed.. he walked in the door about 3 minutes before game time and said "Dude we still playing or what?"

Tbone
September 23rd, 2008, 05:17
heh, that's freaking hilarious... had a couple people (including myself one time) pull that stunt... anyhow I would still be interested in playing on sunday evenings, but can pop in this tues (if I have an addy) to roll up a char. Admittedly, I don't know that much about Greyhawk, having never played in it (mostly Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance and custom worlds)

unerwünscht
September 23rd, 2008, 08:41
There will be a session this evening from 9pm EST till "whenever"
Everyone is welcome to join in. If you do not have a character, or your character needs to be finished you should be ready to log on a little before that.

Send me a PM for the alias.

Malken
September 24th, 2008, 02:34
regarding campain....let me know if u still need players, I can play from 9:30 pm till whenever

KnuckleHead_7
September 24th, 2008, 18:43
Sorry I missed last night, some RL stuff came up. I'll be there Sunday though.

unerwünscht
September 24th, 2008, 20:43
No problem, only two people asked for the alias, one of those didn't show up, the other didn't get the alias because ......... well.... honestly I didn't send it cause It was 10:30 and no one else had logged on.

calvinNhobbes
September 25th, 2008, 03:15
Wow, hope the campaign doesn't fizzle before it even gets started. I will find out my schedule for next month on Monday. I shouldn't have a problem making Tuesday evening, but I'll know for sure on Monday.
cNh

unerwünscht
September 25th, 2008, 03:44
The game will not fizzle, I have enough players locally if nothing else to keep the game alive.

unerwünscht
September 26th, 2008, 01:03
The game will be closed to the community, It has become clear that outside forces are not going to let things rest, and since that is the case, I am going to take my leave from the community, and move my products and support elsewhere, hopefully I will find someplace that appreciates my work.

If you are all still looking for a good ongoing game, I hear tale that Feon, and Oberoten are bothe VERY good DM's. I have never played with either of them so I don't know that to be fact, but it is at least the rumor.

calvinNhobbes
September 26th, 2008, 01:38
Well, unfortunately, looks like I was right.
:(

KnuckleHead_7
September 26th, 2008, 21:14
That sucks. Major :(

Tbone
September 27th, 2008, 03:09
Well, rats. I was looking forward to joining this game. Major suckage.