PDA

View Full Version : New Player looking for group

Cerepol
September 13th, 2008, 04:57
Hello I'm a new player to Tabletop RPGs though I've always wanted to play one. Unfortunately for I could not find anyone to play with. If anyone wants to allow me to join their group and learn how to play I think I'd be a dedicated and worthwhile addition :)

(Also I'm in Ontario Canada with GMT -5)

I guess a more appropriate title would be Player wants to learn how to play sorry for the hook :)

Also what would I need with this program?(In terms of Other products listed on the Store) and would I need the full version or would the Demo be fine to use for a while.

zabulus
September 13th, 2008, 07:24
I think the demo doesn't let you connect to other computers, so at the very least you would need a lite version to play with others. Other than that you should be fine as a player, since everything else needed should be transfered to your computer from the host upon connecting.

Oberoten
September 13th, 2008, 07:40
The Demo lets you connect up to two clients, it won't let you save anything created in it though. There is no timelimit to it though and it will let you take a GOOD look on how it works.

- Obe

KevenSimmons
September 14th, 2008, 13:33
The Lite version of FG is all you need to actually play, although depending on what game you join you might also have to install a free voice chat client (ventrilo, teamspeak, etc.). *If* you are in a game that uses voice chat, you may also need a microphone - a combo headphone/mic works best, but a freestanding mic will work too.

You might want to post the RPG systems you have played before, or are the most interested in playing now.