PDA

View Full Version : Just a little help

Cirra
September 12th, 2008, 21:52
Hey there,

I have been trying to figure this out for a while now. I just want to make some minor changes to the ruleset and add some House rules, etc. I have a difficult time following instructions without someone physically taking me through it. I get distracted really easily.

I was wondering if there are any generous, understanding and currently available people who could hop on a Team Speak server and walk me through the steps! I would be ever so grateful.

Pretty please?

Cirra
September 19th, 2008, 20:28
*poke* *sniffle* is it my breath? :cry:

Griogre
September 19th, 2008, 23:15
I doubt it is your breath, but adding a house rules section may not be trivial. It might help if you said what you are trying to add and to where.

Foen
September 20th, 2008, 06:28
I'm afraid I don't have Team Speak, but if you'd like to outline what you're trying to do, then I'd certainly try to help.

Foen

Cirra
September 26th, 2008, 22:31
Well, there are a few things which I can't seem to figure out.

For one, I can't figure out which options are where. Certain mini sheets are showing up blank for some players.

I am also wanting to alter rolls so that, if you roll a one, it comes up as an auto fail and for rolling a twenty, it registers as a critical and automatically rolls a confirm for it.

This is just a couple of things I have noticed so far.

Tenian
September 26th, 2008, 22:34
The die rolling thing could be tricky....a lot of rulesets have specialized die handling routines....

What ruleset are you using / system are you playing?

Cirra
September 26th, 2008, 22:40
Basic 3.5 ruleset. I have made no modifications to it yet.

Tenian
September 26th, 2008, 22:55
Have you looked at moon_wizard's 3.5_JPG found here

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8640

I know the 4E one has the critical/auto miss notifications built in, the 3.5 might have this as well. In addition to many other features.

It might save you some time, unless you are just trying to learn how to code :) Which of course is the true path to madness....

Sorontar
September 26th, 2008, 23:07

I know the 4E one has the critical/auto miss notifications built in, the 3.5 might have this as well. In addition to many other features.

It might save you some time, unless you are just trying to learn how to code :) Which of course is the true path to madness....

Spot on Tenian

I'd really suggest you take a look at this ruleset, it's excellent.

Cirra
September 26th, 2008, 23:48
Thank you!!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

Cirra
September 26th, 2008, 23:49

At some point, I WOULD like to learn how to code...I know the very basics, but I am still very new to it.

Griogre
September 27th, 2008, 03:50
One the best ways to learn is to take a working ruleset and try changing things and see what happens.