PDA

View Full Version : Update available (2.2.0 / d20 build 12)

Goblin-King
September 12th, 2008, 07:37
Version 2.2.0
Ruleset extension functionality is now available. Extensions are to rulesets what modules are to campaigns, smaller individual packets of ruleset-like content that you can activate. For more information, see our web site and the Workshop forum.
Custom pointers can be created, allowing more flexibility in combat maps for systems that use indicators other than what was previously available. For more information, see our web site and the Workshop forum.
Added ruleset versioning. This will allow extensions to detect compatible ruleset data, as well as indicate the versions of a particular ruleset extensions are compatible with. The new script function databasenode.getRulesetVersion can be used to query the information.
Added the windowcontrol.setTooltipText function.
Fixed a bug preventing desktop panel windows from receiving resize events.
Fixed a bug causing a crash when performing a ruleset reload or program shutdown with the radial menu open.
Formatted text controls no longer warp to the beginning of the text when entering edit mode.
Formatted text controls now support shift and control in edit mode. Pressing shift allows text selection. Pressing control in conjunction with the left and right arrow keys navigates over words.
Fixed a bug preventing mask and drawing files from being properly deleted in some cases.
Locking tokens or setting them inactive using tokeninstance.setEnabled now prevents rotation as well as movement and deletion.
Fixed a bug that would add host only tokens to the players' token bags.
Fixed a crash bug occurring when a pointer (area of effect indicator) was deleted while a connected player had the radial menu opened on the pointer being deleted.
When exporting data with token fields (e.g. NPCs) into modules, those tokens will now be automatically exported as well and the field in the module will be set to use the exported token. This only applies to tokens in the user's "tokens" folder or in the campaign's token folder. References to tokens in other modules and the ruleset will be preserved.
Tokens on the desktop dropped on themselves no longer disappear.
The tokeninstance.setVisible and tokeninstance.isVisible functions now properly process visibility.
Fixed a bug sometimes resetting hot key slots to zero when a connected client was rolling dice.
Die controls now properly draw widgets attached to them.
Using the "acceptdrop" definition with window lists now supports copying die, token, and shortcut fields.
Fixed a bug causing data from similar nodes in different modules to appear in one window list control. See the Workshop forum for more details.
Fixed a crash bug that would occur occasionally when a token was dragged and simultaneously deleted by another user.
Fixed a bug causing a program error when the application is exited using images containing multiple pins to the same shortcut.
Windows that are already open when a shortcut linking to them is activated will now bring the window to the front. This also applies to calls to the script function openWindow.
Fixed a bug that prevented some windows from receiving the onClose event.d20 ruleset build 12
The right hand side of the desktop containing icons for resource books etc. has been extended to include functionality for icon scaling if several extensions implementing new icons are loaded. The interface is available to extensions, allowing several to coexist on the icon dock.
Removed some digital dirt from the bottom right corner of the chat window to improve text readability.
Fixed a typo in the ruleset causing the player character selection lists not to display the scroller control.
The books in the library will now be sorted in alphabetical order instead of reverse alphabetical order.
When submitting skill point allocation, the available points field is now properly reset.
Fixed a bug causing identified items to show the unidentified description to players when newly opened.
Combat tracker entries no longer lose their tokens if a placed token is deleted while the tracker is closed.Updated ruleset files

adventure_items.xml
base.xml
desktop_classes.xml
desktop_templates.xml
frames/chatbox.png
scripts/charsheet_skilllist.lua
scripts/combattracker_entry.lua
scripts/d20desktop.lua
scripts/desktopmanager.lua
scripts/library_booklist.lua
utility.xml

VenomousFiligree
September 12th, 2008, 09:02
Great work :D

Callum
September 12th, 2008, 11:57
Fantastic! Thanks for this great update.

I wasn't sure from the description whether this would mean that masks on maps from modules would persist between sessions?

Tenian
September 12th, 2008, 12:21
Any chance getValue() and setValue() now work on formattedtext and it was just overlooked in the notes? :)

Goblin-King
September 12th, 2008, 12:29
Callum and Tenian, the issues you pointed out are not forgotten. They are both bigger issues technically and didn't make it to this patch yet.

Tenian
September 12th, 2008, 12:34
Thanks for the update :)

I know all too well that things which appear simple from a user side of the screen can be very complex on the developer side of the screen.

I was just hoping you forgot to type it up among those other formattedtext changes :)

Sigurd
September 12th, 2008, 12:44
Thanks Tero!

Appreciate the fixes and the list of changed files!

-sigurd

Ram Tyr
September 12th, 2008, 12:56
Very cool to see more progress on an amazing product!

joshuha
September 12th, 2008, 13:53
Good news. I can see the new ruleset extensions making community projects much more community oriented now.

Blue Haven
September 12th, 2008, 13:54
I don´t know if you guys know about this but...and this is very very annoying...everytime you click on the buttons Tokens, light modifier, color gizmo, combat tracker, module activation and the library, instead of closing the fixture a new window appears and if you continue to click more and more windows open...i don´t know what did you guys do but please restore this old function ok?
Thanks

mykelsss
September 12th, 2008, 14:20
Yup, was just about to post about the multiple-window thing as well. Only a couple of them do it, which makes it even more annoying because you gotta remember which ones :b

Goblin-King
September 12th, 2008, 14:37
There's a hot fix available for the multiple window issue, just click update and it should work.

mykelsss
September 12th, 2008, 14:40
Quickest fix I've seen in my life. [= thanks!

Blue Haven
September 12th, 2008, 14:48
Yeah!! Thanks!! hey just because of that can you guys fix the problem with the token box?? because everytime i open it and put my tokens in order (i have many many tokens) if i close the box and click again the tokens are all messed up :( they don´t keep their location :( can´t you guys fix this...? just a quick one like the last one...please...:)

Foen
September 12th, 2008, 14:56
Great work guys, the extensions look really interesting and it is good to see the d20 fixes as well as the engine fixes.

Cheers

Foen

Blue Haven
September 12th, 2008, 15:01
One more thing...this update will mess with other rulesets?? because i was trying and testing all the rulesets that i have and i get lots and lots of errors :( just wonderful...

Griogre
September 12th, 2008, 18:23
If your rulset had changes to any of these files:

adventure_items.xml
base.xml
desktop_classes.xml
desktop_templates.xml
frames/chatbox.png
scripts/charsheet_skilllist.lua
scripts/combattracker_entry.lua
scripts/d20desktop.lua
scripts/desktopmanager.lua
scripts/library_booklist.lua
utility.xml

Then yes. You should diff the files and then roll in the new changes (may be much easier to say than do, of course). That's why they listed the changed files.

GothamGamemaster
September 13th, 2008, 00:21
After updating, my Tokens icon no longer functions. Anyone else having this problem?

unerwünscht
September 13th, 2008, 00:24
After updating, my Tokens icon no longer functions. Anyone else having this problem?

My token Icon still works, but the tokens are still not set to click through transparency.

GothamGamemaster
September 13th, 2008, 00:43
The Tokens icon doesn't function in only one of my campaigns--the one I'm actually running, of course. No custom rulesets or anything, running Vista.

Griogre
September 13th, 2008, 01:12
What do you mean by tokens icon?

The protraits button in the top right? I clicked mine and it took a while for it to load - long enough I was about to click it again. If that is what you mean try clicking and waiting a bit. I only have 138 of them and they are 12K or less. I'm running Vista Business.

GothamGamemaster
September 13th, 2008, 01:54
What do you mean by tokens icon?

The protraits button in the top right? I clicked mine and it took a while for it to load - long enough I was about to click it again. If that is what you mean try clicking and waiting a bit. I only have 138 of them and they are 12K or less. I'm running Vista Business.

Ah. I mean the Tokens "tome" inside the FG desktop. When I click on it, there's no response. It doesn't open to display the token bags, etc.

Trauma
September 14th, 2008, 01:21
Anyone got a fix for the tokens issue yet?

I click on my tokens box, and it wont open at all.

Griogre
September 14th, 2008, 02:57
I have about 6 or 8 rulesets (some just variants) and didn't have any problem with the token box opening in any of them. What ruleset are you using?

However, I did notice a bug that the version notes said was fixed. If you pick up a token in the top level box (or any "bag") and drop it in the token box in a different place, the token falls through to the desktop.

I pick up the yellow arrow from underneath the purple one and drop it by the right side of the token box then move the box a bit to the left - and you can see the arrow fell through.

https://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/Griogre/TokenBox02.png

GothamGamemaster
September 14th, 2008, 05:57
Anyone got a fix for the tokens issue yet?

I click on my tokens box, and it wont open at all.

I created a new campaign, copied the dm.xml file and the images from the old campaign to the new one and the new token box worked. But now, the portraits box stopped working just recently in the "new" campaign. I've migrated a second time to get around that one, too.

Spyke
September 16th, 2008, 14:51
... However, I did notice a bug that the version notes said was fixed. If you pick up a token in the top level box (or any "bag") and drop it in the token box in a different place, the token falls through to the desktop.

I pick up the yellow arrow from underneath the purple one and drop it by the right side of the token box then move the box a bit to the left - and you can see the arrow fell through.I can confirm that this is not fixed for me either. I've tested with both the default d20 ruleset and with my GURPS 4e ruleset.

Phystus
September 17th, 2008, 01:17
I'm also experiencing tokens falling through. If I drop a token into a bag the token goes there but a copy falls "through" the bag and the token box, and lands on the table.

~P

Spyke
September 18th, 2008, 08:46
Is there a reason why extensions can't be made available in local mode? It would be useful to be able to load these when rolling up characters, particularly if they alter the character sheet or provide a more suitable skin for the genre.

It would also be possible to write plug-in character generators where licensing permits.