PDA

View Full Version : Portraits in Hosted Mode

LuckyRob
September 12th, 2008, 05:18
Just bought FGII (v.2.1.1). We're running 4th edition (and I know that is not officially supported by Smite) and all my players have Lite, so we're having to create the characters on the hosted mode.

In that mode, I can't find a way to add portraits to the PC avatars in the lop lefthand corner. Is there a way I can do this from the interface? Or a way I can look into one of hte xml files to add them manually?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Foen
September 12th, 2008, 06:05
Portraits are added from the client side, and they automatically upload to the host. I don't think you can set portraits on the host (at least you can't with the d20 ruleset).

If you are the GM and want your characters to have specific portraits, you might want to email the images to them - they can add them to their FG portraits folder and they will be available to select from.

The only other way is to copy the portrait files into the host portraits directory (in the specific campaign folder), and rename them to be the same as the character's 'identity' (which is something like id-00001). If you do this, make sure to remove the file extension (.jpg .png .gif etc).

Hope that helps

Foen

Griogre
September 12th, 2008, 07:30
Another way to add portraits as the host is to start a second instance of FG (you need to change your user name on the second instance) and select the portraits for each Pregen or character. If the characters have already been assigned an owner, like in your case, free the characters up before you start the second instance of FG. After you set the portraits close out the 2nd instance then free the characters again so you players can use them.

LuckyRob
September 12th, 2008, 14:27
Thanks, that did the trick!