PDA

View Full Version : seeking AD&D 2e

Azrael Nightstar
September 7th, 2008, 03:04
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to play some AD&D second edition over FG2, but haven't been able to find a ruleset for it. I made one for FG1, but I'm afraid upon taking a look at the new coding in v2 I was pretty baffled:hurt: I might well give it another go (especially to get a 2nd edition Skills and Powers set going) but for now I'm hoping to find someone else who has one.

I've got all the books I need and then some, so I'm really just looking for the core interactive elements (char sheet, combat tracker, NPCs etc) designed to work properly with 2e. One would think I could handle this since I already did one for FG1 (if only it worked with FG2 - :p @ devs) but alas. Can anyone help me out?

I've had a look at the generic ruleset and although it's great, I'd really love to have something that's easier to work with, especially since I've got mostly unexperienced players - It's much easier explaining to them how THAC0 works if it calculates itself, after all ;)

Please feel free to PM me, and thanks for any help anyone can provide :)

zabulus
September 7th, 2008, 13:39
As i am also looking for this, I'd even be interested in your FG1 version of the 2nd edition ruleset. I am much better in coding than in screen design (don't get your hopes up, I really suck at screen design), so I might be able to get that working whereas I don't really have a clue now. Of course, if someone mails you a working 2E ruleset, I'd be even more interested *grin*

Azrael Nightstar
September 9th, 2008, 06:13
Sounds great Zabulous, lemme take a quick look at it (it's been a while so I wanna make sure I send you a non-buggy version) and then I'll send it on over to you. PM me your email?

If anyone else in interested in the FG1 version I've got please also feel free to PM. It doesn't include books or anything though, so you'll still need the rules to use it.

luckdragon
June 30th, 2009, 07:08
if you guys are still working on this.. I'd be happy to help with the design.. since that's what I do for a living :) and also, since I'm looking for AD&D 2e ruleset also if one isn't available, there's no point in me getting FG, since the people I know who would be playing are all my old friends from back home. (1500 miles away).. and we're all old school 2E players

Phystus
July 1st, 2009, 00:01
Someone else supposedly is. See this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4681)

Note that the link on the first page is apparently dead. But further in it sounds more promising.

~P

lucyanor
July 3rd, 2009, 11:36
Hi guys, has anyone managed to find out if there is or isnt a ruleset for ADnD 2nd on FG2? If you dont want to post on the forums, please PM me.

Zajankuchan
July 16th, 2009, 21:25
Are yall still working on the ADnD ruleset? If you get it working, please let me know, or if anyone knows where to get one PM me.

zabulus
July 17th, 2009, 07:06
I think this is something that bled to death. I don't think anyone is working on a 2nd edition ruleset at the moment