PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4th Edition: Quest for Queen Varsha's Jewels

DarkWiz58
September 4th, 2008, 17:54

The "Quest for Queen Varsha's Jewels" is an original adventure designed for us all to get to know the D&D 4th Edition mechanics and rules.

You have to start at level 1.

Game Calendar Links so you can sign-up to participate:

For European/UK/EU/Scandinavia/Middle East time zone people:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=272

For USA time zone people:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=266

Planned first sessions:

European/UK/etc.: Wednesday September 10th, 2008, at 1900GMT

USA time zones game: Tuesday September 9th, 2008 at 6:30pm EDT

This "interlude adventure" will allow us, at its end, to take our characters back to complete the "A Small Town / Appleview" campaign.

Announcement Copied from Game Calendar (Long)

We'll have an "interlude adventure" with new 4e characters until everyone is ready to go back to SmallTown's big explosive finish [spooky woods, lots of soldiers, surprises]. Thanks, incidentally, to Industrial Light and Magic in San Francisco in providing all the imaginary explosions, lava flows, and burning castle effects.

Everyone is to roll up a 4e character of your choice, but it must start at level 1; 0 XPs.

Keep an eye on the Player List if you are an accommodating person, and pick a character class with a Role that rounds out the group.

You can send me an email for any information about 4e characters or FGII with 4e. I don't know everything but I've been working hard on setting this up.

I'll also supply a live server for a few hours each day if you are using FGII Lite. You can build your 4e characters there. The first time you login to that server there might be the usual 5-30 minute delay to download anything your computer does not possess in order to play 4th edition.

I'll email information on times, etc. to all.

Make sure I have your email addresses!! (I keep them confidential, by the way.)

Don't worry about 4e: all of us are learning. In general, most individuals' experience with true 4e is "some" or "none." This interlude adventure will let us get used to the new rules set mechanics before we return with these characters to blow up-- er, I mean finish-- SmallTown.

You can try to adapt your old character to 4e if you wish as long as you start the character at 1st level of 4th edition D&D. If you are creating something brand new and not in the PHB 4th Edition, please contact me first with details.

As always, my email address is:

[email protected]

-DarkWiz58

DarkWiz58
September 6th, 2008, 00:57
We're still looking for players in the USA early-evening timezone.

Go to:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=266

Mansairaku
September 6th, 2008, 23:25
I'd like to join in the EST one. I just got the 4e core books, but have played D&D for years. I'll PM the email.

DarkWiz58
September 7th, 2008, 15:34
You are registered, and most welcome.
-DarkWiz58

XpressO
September 7th, 2008, 15:53
I'd love an opportunity to join your group as a Dragonborn Warlord.

Sid1120
September 7th, 2008, 17:09
I'd like to join up if possible for the US timezone. EDT is Eastern Day Time right, so -5 time zone?
My email is [email protected] btw

DarkWiz58
September 7th, 2008, 17:38
About the current start times:

"USA" time zone friendly: Tuesdays 6:30pmEDT, GMT 22:30, 23:30BST

"GMT/UTC" time zones friendly: Wednesdays 19:00GMT, 8pmBST, 3pmEDT

NB: in the next month or so "summer time" / "daylight savings time" drops back an hour. If any start times need to be changed, it will be posted.

-DarkWiz58

DarkWiz58
September 7th, 2008, 17:48
Oh, and please sign up on the appropriate game calendar if you are serious about playing.

"USA FRIENDLY TIMES" Game Calendar:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=266

"GMT/UTC FRIENDLY TIMES" Game Calendar:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=272

Sid1120
September 16th, 2008, 22:48
Game starts in an hour and I can't connect. Lost the habit of opening the server a few hours a day?

DarkWiz58
September 16th, 2008, 23:02
Hello,
I didn't realize that people still wanted to use our servers to keep their character sheets up-to-date.

Tell me if that's what you need.

Otherwise the servers start up *about* an hour before the games, and stay on for about an hour afterward.

-Thanks,
DarkWiz58 / Alex

DarkWiz58
September 18th, 2008, 17:55
This is for the Scandinavian, UK, EU, Middle Europe, Northern Africa Players:

Suggestion is on the table: Start the game at 1800GMT (7pmBST) and get a full 3 hour session; and/or Move the session to Monday nights to be easier on some RL schedules.

Please send me your thoughts on this, either via posting here or PM.

-Thanks!
DarkWiz58

XpressO
September 18th, 2008, 20:30
This is for the Scandinavian, UK, EU, Middle Europe, Northern Africa Players:

Suggestion is on the table: Start the game at 1800GMT (7pmBST) and get a full 3 hour session; and/or Move the session to Monday nights to be easier on some RL schedules.

Please send me your thoughts on this, either via posting here or PM.

-Thanks!
DarkWiz58

I can start an hour earlier and also Monday's are fine. So all is good :D