PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Tokens With Modules

Xorn
August 30th, 2008, 19:06
I think I found an easier way instead of dragging each token into the export window. (If you're comfortable unzipping a module file, or use a program that can add/remove files into a zip file without unpacking it--like WinRAR.)

Just create a folder called "tokens" inside the .mod file, and copy all the tokens for the adventure into that folder. Works the same as exporting them all, but when I have 55 tokens in a module, this is a lot quicker. :)

Oh, and on that note, I'm finished making the H2 - Thunderspire Labyrinth module, and I've started scaling the maps for H3. :)

Trauma
August 31st, 2008, 15:00
Thankyou xorn, this helps me alot.

On a side...

I just finished my H1, and am starting on H2. Thanks to some creative OCR software, a new all in one printer, and your tutorials of course, I've nearly multiplied my productivity by 10.

Xorn
August 31st, 2008, 18:25
Awesome! That's the whole reason I put them out!

(I'm half-done with the maps for H3 now, by the way, and my group starts H2 next weekend--really excited about this!)

Trauma
August 31st, 2008, 22:44
Quick question for you xorn...

I have done the same as you, and cut the token pics from the website, however, my token box is a little more than messy...

How do you have your tokens sorted so it's easy to find what you need?

Xorn
September 1st, 2008, 01:04
Couple things:

I keep most of my token in a My Documents folder; I only copy the ones I'll use for an adventure into a campaign folder.
I keep the character tokens in FG2\tokens\shared, and the rest of my tokens in the campaign folder (FG2\campaigns\CampaignName\tokens\SubFolderName) I always use a subfolder to reduce what shows up in the main token box.
Resize the token box and arrange them. My Thunderspire Labyrinth module has like 55 tokens, but it works out pretty well.

Remember that all my tokens are linked to portraits already. Usually the only tokens I need to access during play are the shared player tokens.