PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 2nd Ed game

VTSimz02
August 28th, 2008, 02:03
Just looking to see if there are any active AD&D second edition games out there looking for a player. If so please let me know.

Simz

Andrepartthree
August 28th, 2008, 23:24
None of my business I know but... pretty unlikely :p

I know what you mean, there are some people who really miss the "flavor" and the "feel" of 2nd edition d&d - or who simply don't want to spend a ton of money on the new D&D books ;) ... I do too sometimes.... but I haven't seen a single 2nd edition D&D game on here yet.. I know Hackmaster is strongly patterned (indeed almost identical) to 2nd edition D&D if that would be of any interest?

Otherwise if you look on amazon for the player's handbook version 3.0 you can get a copy including shipping and handling for as cheap as five dollars ... a lot of people are still using version 3.0 / 3.5 , some are moving forward to version 4.0 and then there are diehards like me who want nothing to do with 4.0 and see it as a HUGE oversimplication of the 3.0 rules :p

Alternately

https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35

Strange as this sounds wizards of the coast (the new owners of D&D) make the rules available (for version 3.5 of the game at least) free available online at the above link, no joke ! You can download the rules and look them over if you like?

Hope to see you in the world of anima campaign Cirra's running? :) TRUST me you'll like version 3.0/3.5 of the rules, I was a bit leery of it at first but I personally found it to be a huge improvement over version 2.0

VTSimz02
August 29th, 2008, 02:27
Oh I'll be there, this will be my second 3.5 game but I figured since I had the new software and all I'd throw it out there. Thanks for the sites btw I'm sure they will be of great help!