PDA

View Full Version : Can't see module in Library - logged in as Local Host

chipmafia
August 28th, 2008, 00:09
When I log in as "localhost" (I own full version, and log on as DM and Player) I can't see a created library module as a player. However, I can see and use it as a DM.

Problems?

Thanks.

EDIT - Just discovered that no players can see the module, though I am able to use it and manipulate their sheets with it. It worked fine on Friday evening, and now it doesn't load.

Any help is appreciated.

zabulus
August 28th, 2008, 05:55
Just to be sure, in the "modules" section on the host, you did drag the green icon to the module, indicating that clients are allowed to see the module?

chipmafia
August 28th, 2008, 06:23
yes - i tried the "force load" too

Tenian
August 28th, 2008, 11:17
Does the module contain a common.xml file?

chipmafia
August 28th, 2008, 13:30
Nope - I think when I upgraded to the newest version of your parser, it started using db.xml

This may be a good time to explain the difference :)

EDIT: That fixed it.

Tenian
August 28th, 2008, 14:19
See the original posting: (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=42&func=view&id=2422&catid=41)

There is now an Output File combo box. This controls if the file module contains a db.xml (viewable only by the GM), common.xml (viewable by everyone, stored on GM machine) or client.xml (viewable by everyone, requires client to have their own copy).

I personally recommend client. This allows your players to view the data but requires you to distribute a copy of the module to them (usually via email). The big plus is it saves the hassle of downloading the large module (my xml file is over 4M now) which has been known to cause token issues (Xorn can explain this better).