PDA

View Full Version : Big Trouble in FG Land! Story book does nothing! Help!!

Jingo
August 27th, 2008, 10:44
Hiya all!

I'm having a rather big problem lately... I'm running a d20 campaign with a custom d20 ruleset, and am about to do the grand finale this Friday on the adventure I'm running, but tonight when I was prepping some items, I ran into some snags.

Mainly, I noticed that if I click on the Story book from the sidebar, absolutely nothing happens at all! If I click on Personalities from sidebar only 2 out of perhaps 20 or so that were in there show up.

Things I tried:
* Restarted the computer (thought it might be a resources problem so did that to free up memory etc).
* Turned off and on the module containing the bulk of my adventure. This seems to fix the personalities not showing up (whew)... but still the Story items are missing. Though I think they're still in there somewhere because i can still get at linked story items through shortcut pins.

Has something dastardly befallen my campaign files? Or is this a case of a the Story screen showing up somewhere beyond the bounds of my screen? If so, how would I fix that?

I'm running FG v.2.1.1 on XP Home Edition.

Please help? :eek:

Sorontar
August 27th, 2008, 11:06
Have you changed resolution (monitor set up, from PC to laptop etc) if so the windows could be appearing "off screen" as in THIS THREAD (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8816&highlight=screen)

Sigurd
August 27th, 2008, 11:18
Have you recently changed the ruleset? Have you tried it with previous backups? Does it happen with other campaigns.

Sigurd

Jingo
August 27th, 2008, 15:36
I renamed campaignregistry.lua as suggested in the linked post and now I can see my window and it appears to have all its data still. Whew! Thankgoodness. I'm not sure what caused it to happen in the first place. I frequently run FG across two monitors and to the best of my knowledge I didn't drag the story window somewhere off into the no mans land. I had hooked up my 2nd monitor as usual and expanded FG all the way across when clicking on the story link to see if it was anywhere on the screen.

Anyway, all appears to be fixed now. Thanks everyone!

Xorn
August 27th, 2008, 20:59
I end up zapping my campaign registry after I finish putting an adventure module together; I get everything so scattered that I'm used to just losing track of my windows. :)