PDA

View Full Version : Player Mod File

Talen
August 25th, 2008, 12:21
If the GM does not have a mod file for a ruleset (say the phb based on the 4e_jpg ruleset) but the player does, should the player still be able to use in his library?

I had thought so, but didnt seem to work for me.

chipmafia
August 25th, 2008, 22:15
I don't think so. The GM has the ability to allow/disallow modules, so I wouldn't think you could bring your own.

It would be a good feature though

joshuha
August 25th, 2008, 23:32
I thought that when a player connects with a module the GM doesnt have he gets the allow option for it in his list and has to allow it. Then the player can open and use it as normal. I would need to test that out though.

Griogre
August 26th, 2008, 00:34
You can "bring" your own modules. They do have to be compatible with the ruleset the GM is using. Ideally, you want the module made with *exactly* the same ruleset as your GM is using if you want for anything other than text referance to happen.

Josh, my expericene is the when you try to open the module the is when GM gets a notice in chat that So and So is trying to open Such and Such module. If the GM does nothing you can't open the module. The GM has to open his module list and put a check mark there. He has to do once every session the first time you try to open the module.

Speaking from experience on both sides of the screen it's pretty easy for the notice to get "lost" in chat so you should whisper to him if you don't get a response in a few minutes. If he's never done it before he may have no idea he has to go into his modules and drag a check mark on the "hourglass" of the requesting module to open it for that player.