PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e Character Sheet Question

Bidmaron
August 23rd, 2008, 22:00
I tried to run a little sample combat yesterday and ran into three problems:
1) How do you fill out a weapon line on the character sheet? I add an entry, say for a light crossbow, where does the threat range go (and how)? And where does the 2x damage factor go? Also, if there is a double weapon with different damage for each attack, how do you manage that?

2) When I drag a character portrait onto the combat tracker, none of the weapon entries transfer. For NPC's, they do.

3) I couldn't figure out a way to get a token different from a portrait (one of the players wanted a front-on portrait and a top-down token). I dragged a portrait to the player's circle-field in the top left, but now what to get a different token?

--Dale--

Griogre
August 24th, 2008, 04:09
1) Name: is a string and annotates to hit and damage. M/R: You click this icon to set melee or range attacks. Melee uses Str + BAB, Range uses Dex + BAB. So for Weapon finesse you would actually click it to range. The bonus is *any* bonus to hit the weapon has that is not BAB or Stat. #atk: Roll the mouse wheel to give the proper number of attacks based on BAB - ie 1 at less than 6, 2 at < 11, ect. When you set the number you see the mod of of each attack. You can drag the #atk dice cup onto a hot key for a full attack (there is a bug that causes modifiers to be negated on any hotkey bar where you press the Ctrl key) or you can drag the indiviual attacks on to hot keys. Damage/Critical: The first part of the rectangle is a dice cup that holds damage dice, you can drag and drop as many as needed but they are all lumped togeather in the display. You may drag and drop the dice in the field into a hot key. In the second half of the rectangle under the word critical is where all pluses to the damage dice go. You set this by rolling the mouse wheel. The critical information goes in the two small boxes under the the big rectangle. In the one that says crit you type in the thread range ie 19-20 on that Light Xbow. And where the x is you put the multiplier x2 in the Light Xbow's case. These are info only text fealds. They don't actually do anything.

For double weapons treat them like two weapons. Just put each "head" on a different line.

2) I don't think weapons transfer to the tracker for PC's. If they do I don't know where to input them. You could type out the info on the tracker and if you put it in the right format I suppose it would work. Typically the players roll their own to hits. If you have NPC's you should make them personalities, usually.

3) Not sure what you are asking here. The player picks the portrait in the top left. To put a different token on the map linked to the combat tracker, drag the PC on the tracker and then drag and drop the top down figure on top of the portrait of the character; and then drag and drop the top down token onto the map.

Bidmaron
August 24th, 2008, 04:26
Thanks for the help. You answered all my questions, even #3. Now I need to try out the 3.5 JPG edition. Hopefully, it has all the applicable stuff from 4E JPG that the awesome video tutorial Xorne made has in it.
--Dale--

Griogre
August 24th, 2008, 05:08
The best thing about the JPG rulesets to me as a DM is the time savings of being able to double click to attack from the combat tracker. A huge help is also the auto rolling of the initiative when you drop monsters on the tracker and the auto imput of PC initiative onto the tracker when they double click. The final help will be when they get combat tracker info into the campaign database so you can get reliable load/saves of the tracker that are not to the registry.

Bidmaron
August 24th, 2008, 05:16
Griogre, where can I get 3.5 JPG? I went to FUM site and can't find it.
--Dale--

Griogre
August 24th, 2008, 06:25
That's because the link is here on this site :) - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8640