PDA

View Full Version : Iron Heroes for Fantasy Grounds II Now Available!

Thore_Ironrock
August 23rd, 2008, 14:25
The Digital Adventures upgrade to FGII for Iron Heroes is finally complete! If you've purchased v1 of this product you should receive an upgrade email; if you didn't please email [email protected] with your original purchase information.

Download Price: $10.00

This exciting new game of heroic combat action is for skilled heroes who have no need for magic swords or arcane trinkets. Armed with their cunning, talent and unmatched bravery, they wade sword-first into a savage world of high adventure. Now with the Iron Heroes Fantasy Grounds Ruleset you can play your favorite variant handbook all across the world.

This ruleset product contains:

* 10 all-new core classes and an expanded feat system

* New combat options, character traits, and a new magic paradigm

* A full list of weapons, armor, gear, and magical items

* A quick ruleset references that puts important tables at your fingertips.

* Additional content from Digital Adventure's Best Selling Ruleset, The Complete SRD!

...and much, much more!

Modifications to the core system allow for high-adventure gaming where a character's talents, not his possessions, determine his abilities. Expansions to the core skill and feat subsystems allow for intriguing new tactics and exciting, cinematic battles. This exciting new game draws in both players looking for a new roleplaying game and those who want useful new rules for their d20 games. With this ruleset now you can play Iron Heroes online with all of the rules at your fingertips.

You can get the IH ruleset for FGII at Digital Adventures Online Store (https://www.digitaladventures.net/catalog/), or through any OBS affiliate.

Enjoy!

Hefsgaard
August 23rd, 2008, 14:50
Best news Ever! Thanks!

Hefsgaard
September 20th, 2008, 10:20
The charactersheet handles skills like standard D20. Skills work diffrently in IH, making the standard funktions of the charactersheet useless. Sometimes even misleading.

Foen
September 21st, 2008, 05:50
I'm afraid that one was my fault, Hefsgaard, so I'll take a look at it.

Stuart

Hefsgaard
September 21st, 2008, 06:56
Thanks - Its still usable, for playing. but less experienced players keep getting it wrong :-)

If I had Any experience with XML programing, I would have sent suggestions. Still can ;-) but only to funktion or design.

How about making Skill groups a List, and linking to that instead of linking to levels? Perhaps even including Group levels in the Skillcheck total?

Design wise, I think I would halve the Box with Ranks and level-link, move it to the right, and extend the Skill Groups box into the vacant space. That way there would be room for the 6 groups required, which is max. I think.

Foen
September 23rd, 2008, 16:03
I've made some changes to the ruleset which are being reviewed at the moment. The skill group system is a bit too complex to automate easily, so the box to the lower right is meant to be more of a notepad area to keep track of these things. It is a text box, which means you can type more lines than it shows and it will scroll automatically. Unfortunately the FG engine doesn't allow you to add scrollers etc to plain text controls ... yet.

The main skills list should now be more intuitive - there is no class skill/cross-class skill distinction.

Hopefully this will hit a shelf near you soon, and my appologies for having caused the trouble in the first place!

Stuart

Sorontar
September 23rd, 2008, 16:14
Hopefully this will hit a shelf near you soon, and my appologies for having caused the trouble in the first place!

Stuart

Here you go mate here's a Cookie (https://trashmenagerie.com/images/CCC/Cookie.jpg) to cheer you up ;)