PDA

View Full Version : Connect Issues

icedcrow
August 22nd, 2008, 04:18
I'm going to wear you guys out ;)

I'm testing with my girlfriend who sits next to me on a different machine. She cannot connect using a named alias though she can connect if she uses the IP that I have.

Problem is... people outside of our network will probably NOT be able to connect using my IP. Will they also not be able to use the named alias?

Griogre
August 22nd, 2008, 04:29
Your girlfriend on the same Local LAN should connect using the local IP address shown in the right most pane when you click "Host a Game as a Gamemaster".

Depending on how "smart" your router is she might be able to connect via an alias but it is not worth the hassel of setting it up and it might not work.

Anyone outside your Local LAN should use the alias or the external IP of your router (and not the internal IP shown) should FG's alias server be down like it was last Sunday. For people not on your local LAN it is usually best to use alias unless you have a static external IP.

icedcrow
August 22nd, 2008, 04:35
Thanks man I appreciate it.

Foen
August 22nd, 2008, 11:04
That's exactly my setup, except I have a wife rather than girlfriend, so the connection is more permanent :D

Foen