PDA

View Full Version : LOTR Rpg Ruleset

Blue Haven
August 21st, 2008, 14:59
Hi there :)
Does anyone have or can make, a ruleset for Lord of the Rings Rpg...?
I´m trying to learn some more about this setting and it looks very cool but without the ruleset i guess the magic is lost...
Thanks

unerwünscht
August 21st, 2008, 19:27
The magic was lost somewhere around 40 minutes into the first film when you started to notice missing characters. :-)

I do not have a ruleset for LotR rpg. However, all you would really need is a custom character sheet to make it work, and since the newer version of the game was basically a d20 ripoff, it shouldn't be hard at all to get a character sheet made.

Blue Haven
August 21st, 2008, 21:00
The magic was lost somewhere around 40 minutes into the first film when you started to notice missing characters. :-)

Lolol where??? :p ok thanks

Foen
August 21st, 2008, 21:24
An earlier LoTR game was based on Rolemaster. While the licence was withdrawn (and hence there is no current material around) you should be able to use old LoTR modules with Rolemaster.

DA is working on a Rolemaster ruleset, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Foen

BTW, I should declare that I'm involved with DA and have been working on the Rolemaster ruleset

Sorontar
August 21st, 2008, 21:59
Although I had loads of great games playing in the MERP setting with Rolemaster I do think that Decipher got the feel of LotR magic. Shame they farted about for an age trying to decided what they were going to do before letting it die horribly.

unerwünscht
August 21st, 2008, 23:27
Lolol where??? :p ok thanks

LOL... Well I started to notice missing characters a bit earlier than that, but most of my friends didnt start noticing it till the Council of Elrond.

Tom Bombadil for ever, We love you Tom!
the entire staff at Trinity Intrigue.

Tenian
August 22nd, 2008, 01:32
The old MERP materials are the best game aids I've ever had the pleasure of using. The art, detail, and overall feel of them really matched the books.

It's a shame books of that quality are lost to the ages.