PDA

View Full Version : The World of Anima 3.5ed

Cirra
August 19th, 2008, 22:45
Hey there,

I will be starting a campaign soon. I am looking for players who will be committed to playing...preferably who have no life (like me! :D ). It will be a 3.5ed game in a world designed by me, though it has similarities to standard D&D (Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, and any other worlds that sound interesting...I am open to suggestions). The pantheon is of my own design, and there are a few races in my world that I have created.

I want to find players that are almost obsessive about playing and that will take the time to learn all they can about the world. As any who have played in my campaigns before can tell you, my games are not PG rated, although I will not allow a game to continually digress into sex and violence just for the sake of sex and violence. The players will have the opportunity to create extensive backgrounds for their characters and even to intertwine them with the world history.

I also like to run EPIC campaigns, but I will start people out at level 12 and allow them to progress. If you are the kind of person who loves the plotline to revolve around your characters, you will LOVE my campaigns. If you like campaigns where the good guys don't always win, you will LOVE my campaigns. If you like realism (well, as real as magic and divinity can get), you will LOVE my campaigns.

I am a night owl, so if you want a campaign that is early in the morning, this is definitely not the campaign for you. My role playing day begins after 4pm Eastern Standard Time and can end around 4am Eastern Standard Time.

Does this sound interesting? Let me know! Post something here about your preferred style of role play. Tell me what kinds of characters you have played. What nights are you available?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Xcenocide
August 20th, 2008, 22:21
I could tag along once I buy Fantasygrounds, but I need to know what days you're planning on hosting these. I rarely have time to use my computer for gaming outside of fridays and saturdays.

Cirra
August 20th, 2008, 23:28
Fridays are the only days that I don't use my computer. Saturdays may be doable. Also, this will actually be 2 separate campaigns. One group will be good/neutral aligned and one group will be evil/neutral aligned. And it is possible and probable that the two groups will encounter one another but not very often.

Magic items in my campaign will be rare, so we would need to go over any magic items that you think your character needs to have. I am also fairly open about playing different races that are outside the standard, however, in my world, there are a few races believed to be "extinct".

I also do NOT allow god-like....er...I mean psionic characters in this campaign. Sorry! :)

Broadsword
August 21st, 2008, 11:10
What times are you looking to run the campaign? Are you leaning toward Friday or Saturday?

Cirra
August 21st, 2008, 17:46
Most likely Saturday

Broadsword
August 21st, 2008, 18:57
Timeframe?

Cirra
August 21st, 2008, 18:58
6pm EST to 12am EST.

Xcenocide
August 21st, 2008, 20:04
Well I guess that's settled, then. Now all we need is more people.

Cirra
August 21st, 2008, 20:10
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=287

Broadsword
August 22nd, 2008, 02:34
Slots filled already? That was fast.

Cirra
August 22nd, 2008, 03:42
Sorry....wrong link...

*feels stupid*

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=326

Broadsword
August 22nd, 2008, 11:27
Is this the good or evil alignment campain? Asking because it effects the character I create.

Cirra
August 22nd, 2008, 14:55
The good campaign.

Broadsword
August 23rd, 2008, 12:28
What point buy are we using for generation?
What are the starting funds?
What limits (if any) are you placing on starting magic items?

I would also be interested in the evil campaign so keep me posted.

Cirra
August 23rd, 2008, 19:32
I would rather have the scores rolled....4d6, dropping the lowest roll. Then apply 3 more ability points to your your scores. I am assuming I can trust my players on that matter :P.

Starting funds are a little tricky. My last campaign was a huge mess due to my lax attitude on magic items. In this campaign, I would like to restrict magic items. I don't want magic items to be an every day occurrence; however, at level 12, I would assume the characters had experienced a few adventures and therefore acquired one or two magic items.

So with that being said, I don't want to set an amount of gold. Make a list of items that you think your character should have at his/her level; however, all items are subject to approval. Also, I would like to know how your character acquired said items.

ALL MAGIC ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO APPROVAL. If your character has a magic item, I require that you explain how you received the item. I will not accept "My character bought it from a store" because there are no magical items being sold in any store in my world.

On a side note, I should have a temporary forum and website set up within the next couple days.

Broadsword
August 23rd, 2008, 20:54
Ok. You are aware that 4d6, drop lowest, +3 will give you high ability scores, with the possibility of a score ceiling of 21?

Cirra
August 23rd, 2008, 20:57
No no...I mean +3 points. Advancing to level twelve will allow a player to increase an ability by 1 point 3 times.

Broadsword
August 23rd, 2008, 21:08
Ok. I was going to say, 21 base ceiling plus 3 points for level increase.... Very high scores :)

Cirra
August 23rd, 2008, 21:11
And also, I want people to roll 4d6 and drop the lowest number. For instance, you roll four dice...a 6, a 4, a 3 and a 2. You would drop the 2 making your first ability score 13.

Andrepartthree
August 24th, 2008, 23:16
Hi Broadsword ! (aka Scef in another campaign but that's neither here nor there ;) ) ...

Cirra I REALLY like how you've described this campaign (your first post) - basically this is what every gamer wants who prefers "role" playing over "roll" playing.

I sent you an e-mail at the [email protected] e-mail address you have listed on your profile as my character description would create a painfully long post here (Broadsword can attest to my ability in that area :P ) .. If you don't get it or if that's not a good e-mail address just let me know and I'll send it to you a different way ...

Andrepartthree
August 25th, 2008, 00:25
Just realized looking over the first post - I realized that Cirra had asked for feedback on what kind of characters one has played before and one's preferred style of role play ...

I am guilty of playing paladins in pretty much every D&D game :P so I definitely lean towards goodie-two-shoes PC's ... and I prefer RP heavy games where everyone puts an emphasis on getting into character and role playing out your character's personality although of course I enjoy sword swinging combat as much as the next player too .. as broadsword can testify (he and I are in another FG game together) I'm a big fan of in-character correspondence between various PC's out of game in a sort of "blog" format ... I use e-mail (I make sure the DM gets a copy of course) for these PC to PC conversations or if a forum is made available I'll use that instead ...

Sat nights during the time Circa specified sounds great but I'm open to other nights too ...

Broadsword
August 25th, 2008, 02:16
Sup Andre! I can defenitely vouch for Andre's role play over roll play style.

Cirra
August 25th, 2008, 02:43
Welcome to the game! May your experience be full of fun!

Andrepartthree
August 25th, 2008, 03:00
thanks Cirra :) ... and same to you broadsword I can definitely vouch for him as an excellent role-player as well ;)

Andrepartthree
August 26th, 2008, 03:11
So I checked out the game calendar and had to look up what "Oenophile" means after seeing Mirnon's character description (which shows that I apparently wasted all those years in college - too much time slacking not enough time studying :P ) ...

"Oenophiles are also known as wine aficionados or connoisseurs" according to what I read online.. "swordman, diplomat"... I sense a gentleman rogue here though I could be wrong ;)

Cirra I pointed out your game/campaign to Mirnon after reading what I thought was an excellent and well written post by him - if you want to check it out it's in the "guild house" part of the forum titled "What makes a good game?" dated August 23rd ... after reading that I knew a campaign like the one you described in your first post on this thread was right up his alley ;) ... Cirra also looks like you have 5 players who have applied on the game calendar - enough to start the campaign up? Or do you need to hold on until you get enough players to run both the "evil character" and the "good character" campaigns?

Broadsword
August 26th, 2008, 11:26
Cirra I sent you an email. Let me know if it goes thru.

Andrepartthree
August 27th, 2008, 04:08
Xcenocide, VTSimz02, thought I better send you a shout-out since I'm already chatting with Broadsword and Mirnon :P ... I know Broadsword from another FG game we're both in and Mirnon and I have been exchanging e-mails (aka "private messages" to use this FG forum's terms, whatever you want to call them) but I was hoping we could chat with you guys too?

Broadsword is leaning towards a mage or a cleric but wants to know what character classes the others will be playing as this will help him make his decision i.e. I think he's trying to go for the "well balanced party" thing in terms of character classes i.e. trying to make sure we're represented in all the areas of strength that we need.... Xcenocide already mentioned on the game calendar he'd like to play a monk, VTSimz02 - I'm not sure if you prefer to keep details like your character class "under wraps" so to speak to be discovered by the other PC's later on (if at all ? :P ) .. if so totally understandable of course some people prefer their privacy and (in my humble opinion anyways) that's totally okay! But if not and you had any inclination so far towards a particular class it would help Broadsword out ;) ..

Also, Mirnon had what I thought was an excellent idea as far as "intertwining" PC personality backgrounds such that some PC's know of and have a relationship with each other prior to the start of the campaign... Mirnon and I are chatting about this already for our two PC's... of course not everyone's going to be interested in this sort of thing, but if you are shoot Mirnon or Broadsword or myself a PM on here so we can talk about it ! ;) I promise to shoot back enough details about my character to help you get a handle on how/why you'd know her and could work her into your own background story (but again only if this of interest to you guys, don't want to sound "pushy" here or anything).

If you guys are a fan of MSN Instant Messenging Mirnon and Broadsword both use it, again just shoot them a PM and ask for their MSN IM info ... you can add me on MSN using [email protected], you just probably won't get me on there :P (unless we have an FG session that night or day and I'm right alongside you FG-gaming in Cirra's campaign ;) ) ... my 4 and 6 year olds have made IM'ing pretty much a thing of the past for me nowadays ... " Why have you been on the computer so LONG ?!? We need you right NOW !!! " ...:o .... I will definitely respond to any PM's sent on here though (although e-mailing me at [email protected] probably won't work since I never check that e-mail :P ... [email protected] is the "real" e-mail address if someone decides to or wants to e-mail me there).

Cripes as usual running my mouth longer than I should... one more thing and I'll shut up here ... I'm sure everyone already knows this but... if you click on Cirra's game calendar you'll see two little sentences in brown text lower right hand corner of the computer screen that gives some very useful info , when's a good time to reach Cirra on msn IM and when she plans on having a website up devoted to the campaign (Sept 5th I think?) and so forth.... she's expressed a preference for chatting with her via msn IM as far as character concepts and so forth but, since IM'ing doesn't really work for me given my (parental) situation, I did send her an e-mail at [email protected] and she shot me a reply right back ... if you go this route though I would post a comment here mentioning you e-mailed her there so she checks it, just to be on the safe side ;) ...

As you can see Cirra there's already a lot of (collective) enthusiasm about your campaign, looking forward to hearing from you! ;)

Cirra
August 27th, 2008, 07:02
Oh, if you want me to get an email, then you should probably send it to [email protected]. I barely check my hotmail...I only use it for messenger.

I am really excited to get started!

Broadsword
August 27th, 2008, 11:19
Emailed to your comcast 2 character concepts I am working on so far. I'll need more information on the campaign setting to work on backgrounds. If you want to use TS for voice, I have access to a server, and I send you a program link to allow us to play even when FG isnt cooperative.

Andrepartthree
August 27th, 2008, 14:33
As far as the link to the program that lets us play even when FG isn't cooperative - Broadsword saved our butts one day with the other FG game he and I are in when we couldn't connect to the DM's computer ;) ... at times FG can be a real PAIN and will refuse to let you connect to the alias the DM provides for us... the program Scef talks about lets us bypass that and provides an alternative IP address we can log into to connect to the DM's computer/server and thus be able to play FG ....

Cirra
August 27th, 2008, 17:42
You all rock!!!

Elros Oronar
August 27th, 2008, 19:01
No YOU Rock!:D

Xcenocide
August 27th, 2008, 19:35
Whoa, this thing got busy while I wasn't looking.

I might as well tell a bit about myself and my playing style, but I won't be going into too much detail in here; I'll try to contact you guys through other means later.

I prefer playing a monk, and I usually enjoy having my character use his head a lot in all kinds of situations, namely diplomacy and plan-making, and still be capable of holding on his own in a fight. I have to admit I've often found myself using the almost exact same character in all the games I've participated in, but hey, I happen to like that character.

I also share the "roleplaying over rollplaying" view with the other people that want to participate, and I usually try to have as much character development and interaction whenever possible. You know what they say, it's better to have a story revolve around characters than have the characters revolve around the story.

I actually still have a lot to say, but don't have the time now. I'll try to get in touch with you people soon-ish.

Cirra
August 29th, 2008, 17:56
All right. All my players need to register at:

https://worldofanima.freeforums.org

This is the temporary forum. Once my server is up and running, it will be transferred to a more permanent home.

Andrepartthree
August 31st, 2008, 03:53
guys please check the "World of Anima" game calendar here on FG, Cirra wants to know if 2pm to 8pm (Eastern Standard Time) would be a possibility for you all?

WorstedConch
September 1st, 2008, 19:31
Greetings! The Conch has arrived! :)

I felt I should toss A little intro here about myself seeing as how Andre and Broadsword managed to recruit me for this game.

I am a long time Player, part time GM who is currently beginning my umpteenth year in school (it's been so long I forget 0.o ) I have experience with a bunch of different systems but DnD was my first, and Ill always have a special place in my heart for her.

Character wise, I tend to play the rougish or fighter types depending on the situation- Though I am up for anything. Just a quick question before I begin thinking up a character concept, but, What are restrictions on PC's? (some of my character ideas can get a little wacky (vampire Monk; Gnomish barbarian) Unfortunatly I am usually drawn to the more 'out there' races, and I love putting my copy of 'Savage Species' to use :)

Ill make sure to send you an email of this also Cirra, but here is a quick list of things I would appreciate if you OKed or nixxed before I started rolling a pc (in no particular order):
-dragons, giants, psionics, shadow magic, thri-keen, kobolds, undead, Binders, Chaotic neutral, and/or skill tricks/reserve feats

There are a few I would just assume are offlimits such as CN, but the rest really have to deal with the type of campaign (the good one, right?) you are planning on running and what type of world it is set in. Im not trying to push any of the above ideas, just trying to see how 'open' my creation table is =D

I look forward to a fun new campaign!

*Edit* P.S. as for my prefered style of RolePlay, I definatly like filling my character roll and making sure he/she actually has a reason for whats he is doing. I am a firm believer that good solid roleplaying can show more about any character then any numbers. (For instance, in the game i am currently in with broadsowrd and Andre, my werewolf Monk managed to get himslef put in charge of an off the books mercenary band (the rest of the group) without even wanting it.... I still believe he was chosen for the position because of his unwavering conviction and oft quoted confusian sayings, since he has absolutly no CHA heh :) */end Edit*

Broadsword
September 1st, 2008, 20:04
Glad to see your in Conch!

Nalib
September 2nd, 2008, 18:35
Well met!

I'm not certain if room still exists with you and yours, however I am in search of companions with which to expand my horizons. I spend most of my career exploring the local fare however because I do not like crouds, I tend to explore mostly in the evenings. I have many useful, less common skills that can aid a fellowship in whatever it is endeavoring, especially when propriatey demands a discretion.

So! Should you find that you are in need of such, please feel free to call upon me. I am availble just about any evening consistantly.

Nalib
September 2nd, 2008, 18:55
Ok... Last post was my "in character" type of thing (pretty new at it). Not sure if that's what you're going for, but I am not stuck on anything really.

If you read my "Old fart" post, I am returning to roll playing after several years hiatus and am thrilled to find such a comprehensive tabletop experience available over the web.

My experience runs from original d&d up through 2e ad&d for fantasy games. I have delved into other games like cyberpunk, shadowrun, rifts, battletech, mechwarrior, and maybe 1 or 2 others but my heart has always been with fantasy. I have extensive reading knowledge of both dragonlance and forgotten realms as well as other series and authors.

My characters tend to be more melee oriented however I have and do play healers and casters quite a bit as well. Generally I look at the group makeup and choose something that will best suit the group. I am very much a team player and while I have experience with "evil" campains, they were mostly solo experience. I find that the group dynamics get way out of hand if everyone is trying to kill everyone else. That being said, I am not adverse to assuming a slot as an evil/neutral character. They can be thrilling to play!

So you know what you're getting. Like I said, I have a lot of OLD experience but am very limited with 3.5e. Also, the FG2 software is really awesome however I am not entirely familiar with how to do much of anything as of yet. I am a fast learner though ;)

I hope to hear from you. I applied on your calander (which took me about 10 min to find because I was clicking the wrong link) but I understand if there isn't room or if you don't think I would be a good fit.

Take care!

Broadsword
September 2nd, 2008, 20:02
Dont worry Nalib, if you can post in character on the fly like that, you wont have problems fitting in with any game :)

Andrepartthree
September 3rd, 2008, 15:16
Hi guys ... Cirra posted this at the https://worldofanima.freeforums.org site under the "welcome to the world of anima" part of the forum but thought I better re-post here to be on the safe side... I'm not sure if she wanted to run a game session or just talk to people about characters? In any case .... (also let's all start posting world of anima related stuff at the https://worldofanima.freeforums.org so we're not posting on multiple sites, it will interfere with communication among ourselves otherwise ;) ) ...

(Cirra says) " Hmm...does anyone have plans for next Saturday? September 6th? 7:00pm Eastern Standard Time? Those of you who ARE available tonight, let me know."

Andrepartthree
September 4th, 2008, 14:56
okay guys so looks like it's actually 2pm EST not 7pm ... everyone please check their e-mail and shoot back a reply to verify you can make it 2pm? (or post on the https://worldofanima.freeforums.org website under the August 30th thread )

Andrepartthree
September 8th, 2008, 21:30
I'm sure I'm telling everyone something they already know but just a reminder guys - this week Saturday Sept 13th we have a game, 2pm to 8pm, Eastern Standard Time - everyone log onto msn Instant Messenger too at 2pm just to be on the safe side ... see everyone there! ;)