PDA

View Full Version : Adding to a module

chipmafia
August 16th, 2008, 19:41
Is it possible to add to a module you have already exported?

For instance, I realized I left off a story entry that I needed, so I would like to simply export that one entry into the module. Is that possible, or do you have to re-export the module and replace it with the current version?

Thanks.

Foen
August 16th, 2008, 22:04
Unless you are happy to edit XML, I think you are stuck with re-exporting.

Foen

Griogre
August 16th, 2008, 23:45
Just open the campaign up that you are exporting from and add the story entry and re-export. If it is a complicated one just cut and past it in from the main campaign into the module.

W.A.H. Rietbroek
August 18th, 2008, 16:15
And what if you no longer have the original campaign and just the module? (I've been thinking about this, too, since I am starting on a campaign with separate modules for the adventure, the background, the monsters and the stuff the party has accumulated. I'd been wanting to remove the campaigns once I'm done with them, but it looks like I have to keep them around until after I used their module).

Foen
August 18th, 2008, 16:35
If you just have the module, you can unpack it into a new campaign folder and most of it should work just fine. You should then be able to edit the (new) campaign and re-export it as a new module.

Foen