PDA

View Full Version : Kenzer's Aces & Eights

MrJamela
August 15th, 2008, 20:16
Has anyone looked into creating a ruleset for Kenzer & Co's Aces & Eights Western RPG?

How would FG handle the Shot Clock overlays for shooting?

Jaime

glacius
November 16th, 2009, 21:44
Dont let this die....Bump

unerwünscht
November 16th, 2009, 23:14
Dont let it die? Dude I think you get the award for Necromancer of the year. The thread has been dead for over a year.

tdewitt274
November 17th, 2009, 01:42
I was actually thinking of this, along with Alternity.

Shot Clock would probably be pretty tough. If there is a way of populating a Token onto a dynamically specific Map in a specified arc, it would be possible. You would also have to find a way to determine where Shot Clock would be aligned.

I think it the Shot Clock would have to be created as a Token. The Token is then overlayed on the Map of the character. Then would come the tricky part. You would have to snag the Attack Die Roll and draw a card (essentially, a random number between 1 and 52). For the Card, multiply the number (minus 1) and multiply by 6.923 to get the degree. Then create the Token in/out from the edges/center.

Shotguns are a LOT more complicated because you need to have the range. However, you would only have to remove the appropriate color in the scatter diagram.

Initiative would have to be drastically modified. You would have to take the actions done and modify the Initiative of the individual and append the new value. This might be able to be done through the Chat functions like what 4E_JPG is doing.

Too bad I don't know anything about Rulesets. This could be a fun undertaking...

Blue Haven
November 17th, 2009, 11:52
Dont let it die? Dude I think you get the award for Necromancer of the year. The thread has been dead for over a year.

LOL you should get an award for those words too LOL :p

Spyke
November 17th, 2009, 15:05
We'll probably get Deadlands rather than Aces & Eights...

Spyke

Spyke
November 17th, 2009, 15:15
Incidentally, if you want some Old West role-playing you could use my GURPS ruleset and get yourself a copy of GURPS: Old West (https://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG30-6044) for the background history and colour. Updated weapons and equipment for GURPS 4e are in GURPS: High Tech (https://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG31-0106), including explosives, but you could get by with the revolvers, rifles and melee weapons from the Basic Set or even those in the free GURPS Lite (https://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG31-0004).

You could play the campaign using the GURPS 3e rules (https://e23.sjgames.com/item.html?id=SJG30-6031), of course, in which case you can use the comprehensive equipment lists and stats in the Old West book, but my GURPS 4e ruleset doesn't support a few of the fields needed for 3e. (It's useable but not ideal.)

Spyke

ddavison
November 17th, 2009, 19:17
Deadlands Reloaded is in the pipeline but has not been assigned a developer yet.

Orpheus
November 17th, 2009, 19:55
Deadlands: Reloaded! Now that's the one that I've been waiting on.

Casimir
November 17th, 2009, 22:36
We'll probably get Deadlands rather than Aces & Eights...

Spyke
I would have to ask why "rather" as opposed to "as well as" or "in addition to"? I think that A&E would have a big enough following of it's own right to justify developing it for FGII. It's an excellent system. I've never played Deadlands, but I can't be the only one out there that would prefer to not have horror mixed in with the old west genre.

Spyke
November 17th, 2009, 23:09
I would have to ask why "rather" as opposed to "as well as" or "in addition to"? I think that A&E would have a big enough following of it's own right to justify developing it for FGII. It's an excellent system. I've never played Deadlands, but I can't be the only one out there that would prefer to not have horror mixed in with the old west genre.
I was riffing a joke on Unerwünscht's comment about raising the thread from the dead after a year...

Spyke

unerwünscht
November 18th, 2009, 00:43
Sorry and I totally missed it... I do have to say I am very impressed with his skills as a necromancer tho. When I die I want someone to send him to me.

Casimir
November 18th, 2009, 03:05
I guess I misunderstood as well.

But I'd still like to see an Aces & Eights ruleset. ;)