PDA

View Full Version : Campaign db.xml Reference

3darkman
August 12th, 2008, 13:59
Is there a reference document for the file db.xml of campaigns?

I am doing my campaign in direct xml (think faster), but there are tags that do not know its features.

Ex:

The attributes: mergeid, baseicon and decalicon of categories;
Which of html tags are allowed in formattedfield;
etc.

Thanks,

Kirlian Silvestre

Ram Tyr
August 12th, 2008, 14:22
Have you reviewed the documentation in the library?
https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/library/

There is a ruleset modification guide and a ruleset reference. (The ruleset reference might have what you want, since it covers xml terms.)

Good luck.

Foen
August 12th, 2008, 17:44
The mergeid, baseicon and decalicon attributes determine how a collection of items (such as NPCs, Encounters etc) appear as tabs in their respective books. If you create a new campaign and then insert some categories in the Personalities book, you can right-click on the tab at the bottom of the book and cycle through different icon styles and colours. You can also drag plain text and drop it on a tab to name the tab.

Play with a few of those and then take a peek at the db.xml file, to see how it responds to each option/combination.

As regards formatted text, there is very little documentation (but considerable demand for it). You can use xhtml-type matching tags for bold, italic and underline, the paragraph tag is there (and is a required element) but the heading tag is a little different: you only get <h> instead of <h1> <h2> etc.

Table, tr, td tags work, and there is a decoration="underline" attribute for tr tags.

List and li tags work, and there are additional tags for links (which cross-refer to other window classes and database nodes).

It would be nice to see this documented, but I'm not aware of any.

Stuart

3darkman
August 12th, 2008, 18:13
Ramza0Tyr,

I already knew this site but had not helped much. Thanks!

Foen,

The last informations already had sufficiently helped. Thanks a lot! but some documentation, would be really useful.

Griogre
August 12th, 2008, 21:03
The best way to learn the campaign db.xml is to play with it. I also find input to be faster in XML if I have a PDF. I will usually setup a "shell" campaign in FG with all the areas first to give me a skeletal XML structure and then I will just cut and paste the PDF information into the individual story areas. I do find it easier to do monster/NPC input in FG since you can now cut and paste into personalites.