PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a WFRP 2nd Edition group

Rook
August 9th, 2008, 14:53
I'm hoping that an on-line group exists who appreciates the Old World as much as I do.

I own the majority of the books but I have never played and I'd like to experience the setting of Warhammer through seasoned veterans.

I'm availible Monday through Wednesday (one night a week max) from 7:00PM~10:00PM (I'm in GMT -5).

Rook

Blue Haven
August 10th, 2008, 12:53
Well i´m at GMT+1 can i join the group ;) now we are two...

Russell Schroeder
August 11th, 2008, 03:39
I just bought the books and have browsed through. I'd like a group to play in too.

Russ

icedcrow
August 11th, 2008, 14:10
I own the books. Always wanted to GM a warhammer campaign. I'm an avid fan of the miniatures game (chaos!!)

Do any rulesets exist?

Russell Schroeder
August 11th, 2008, 16:42
Good question about rulesets. One fellow I replied to and asked about his game gave me an explanation about why WFRP is better than D&D but gave me no invite !?

So, something exists but not sure how to implement.

We could teach each other MAYBE?

Russ

icedcrow
August 11th, 2008, 20:05
You don't neccessarily NEED the ruleset to work though I would prefer if it was going to be run through Fantasy Grounds to have a working ruleset for it.

I'm sure something exists forit.

Russell Schroeder
August 11th, 2008, 20:08
However we do it will be fine with me. I'm pretty new at Fantasy Grounds and of course new at WFRP but I hope we can swing it....any ideas ?

Also, do you like the random starting character or do you prefer picking?

Russ

icedcrow
August 11th, 2008, 20:10
It's a matter of obtaining the ruleset. That pretty much hinges on the fate of running a WFRP session. I am a developer but I am currently working on a miniatures battle game translated onto PC and XBOX 360 so my time is limited and probably won't get to work on a ruleset for Fantasy Grounds.

My preference is for random career though I am always about what the group as a whole wants. I like random career because like life you have to play the cards dealt you.

Russell Schroeder
August 11th, 2008, 21:53
Hi IcedCrow,

I guess we need to obtain some kind of ruleset then. Would you be able to post for it or should I? I'll be honest about it, my technical knowledge is very limited. Like I said, I'd like to play it cooperatively and online.It's next to impossible to find a game locally.

I too, like the random career. A very interesting concept. I just would hope I don't get born to another poor family with 8 kids in it !!

Russ

Oberoten
August 11th, 2008, 22:00
Nezzir has a working GOOD ruleset for FH2 and WHFRPG2

icedcrow
August 11th, 2008, 22:16
We need a link!

Rook
August 12th, 2008, 00:13
I had almost given up hope that anyone would respond.

I have the ruleset for WFRP 2ed. You'll need to join the yahoo group and answer Nezzir's questions, which basiclly proves you own WFRP.

Here's the LINK. https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/azureawfrp/

I too prefer the random selection. Given enough time you can move on to multiple careers, though actually "living" to that point from what I see is rare.

icedcrow
August 12th, 2008, 01:11
I'm pending on there. They have almost 300 members, they don't have any groups running??

Russell Schroeder
August 12th, 2008, 02:24
I'm pending now too. I too, find it hard to believe that dedicated gamers cant come together to enjoy this.
Please keep me up on things. I will try to get a good look at my book ASAP.

Russ

icedcrow
August 12th, 2008, 03:18
Blood for the Blood God ;)

Oberoten
August 12th, 2008, 07:39
Skulls for the Numbskull! Blood on the throne of Khorne....

Rook
August 12th, 2008, 13:16
I'm pending on there. They have almost 300 members, they don't have any groups running??

I'm sure that there are multiple groups, but the vast majority are in Europe. I believe it would be a rarity to find a COMMITED group of WFRP players who use FG2 in the eastern or central time zones.

Rook

icedcrow
August 12th, 2008, 14:06
I agree with you. I know that in the city of Louisville there seems to be one person who wants to play. Me. lol

Russell Schroeder
August 12th, 2008, 16:34
Where do we go from here ? I can read all I want but until it gets put into a game setting, I really feel a bit lost.

Russ

icedcrow
August 12th, 2008, 17:09
Need a GM. Need ruleset. Need players who are solid on it. I'd suggest whoever is GMing to create a forum or website or something for people to gather on.

GM_Viktor
September 29th, 2008, 23:53
Hello all? I realize there hasnt been any activity on this thread in a few weeks. I have been lurking a bit, and trying to decide if I should move my WHFRP game to the digital realm or not. I have been running the game for a couple of year now, but have been a player for almost eight. I would be willing to run something, but I would like to chat with anyone involved first, to see if we might create a compatable group or not. Any takers?

grimm182
September 30th, 2008, 01:40
I just recently posted about looking for a sunday night game, i have run a few adventures with warhammer/fantasy grounds...but would like to be on the player side for a change.

Mobius
September 30th, 2008, 14:43
I'd be up for this - but I'm in a UK timezone.

M.

GM_Viktor
September 30th, 2008, 22:38
Truth be told, Sundays would be right out for me. Now, if it were in the evenings, Eastern Timezone, I could do any night, though Tuesdays are optimal since my wife is not home to pester me about making dinner and the like. I would be available to start as early as 6pm and run as late as midnight, but 3 - 4 hours should be more than enough.

As far as meeting, for me biweekly would be best, meeting once every 2 weeks. This would give me enough time to prepare each session, and leave me time to write proper recaps for the players. Weekly could be done, but at a small cost. When I create a session, I prefer to do them episodic. Each session has a beginning, middle and end, much like a sitcom or TV drama. Though the storyline continues throughout the episodes, it is possible to miss a couple and still know what is going on. I find that for online gaming, this approach works best. Most of us are adults here, and RL gets in the way from time to time.

So, does this help clear anything up, or does it just muck the waters all to hell again? :D

Cheers.

Vik

Rook
October 1st, 2008, 13:58
Vik & I have briefly touched base via email. I never thought it would happen (concerning WFRP), but I believe we are perfectly aligned in every aspect and Tuesdays would be SUPERIOR!

With Vik's 8 years of experience in the Old World, I'm ecstatic about the atmosphere he can deliver.

The episodic sessions as described by Vik sounds outstanding to me. I’d like to hear more detail concerning your style of play (e.g. role play percentage-to-session time, WFRP-canon, FG2 experience, use or non-use of VOIP, etc …).

In closing I strongly suggest that anyone considering joining this venture be upfront & honest about their availability. As Vik has said, we are adults … situations pop up from time to time … poop happens.

I hope this pans-out.

Rook

grimm182
October 2nd, 2008, 00:14
Well the i had picked Sunday nights as historically for me its been the best night for getting people together. Tues nights after 7 eastern works for me.

I got into Warhammer when they were still releasing 1st edition adventures and been into CRPGS ever since.

My preferred game style is not to silly and not to serious...i find it annoying with people fidget with the in game dice for no reason or chat OOC when the dm is trying to move the story along...hehe time and a place ya know.

I also prefer having some voice (i use teamspeak) for OOC info when needed, but prefer in game chat for story...im not one to act out a part live. :)

Lastly i would say im 95% reliable and 99% will let you know ahead of time if for some reason i cant make a session.

All of this prolly sounds grumpier than i mean it to, but its based on previous things that worked and did not work (for me).

If these things fit into a gaming group then i am ready when you are. :)

GM_Viktor
October 2nd, 2008, 16:19
I will start with this. Tuesdays are the best night for me, as I had said before. As far as your post sounding grumpy, I think it's just fine. All too often, online games can get bogged down really fast, especially if only text is used. It seems the thought of "Well I can catch up reading in a sec, and dont really have to pay attention right now" creeps in to even the most dedicated player. Any of us that have played in an online text based game have probably come across this.

My games tend to run like this:

First, before the first session is ever even created, we decide as a group what direction we want the game to go. I prefer story driven games over hack and slash games, though the Old World is a realm wrought with danger and destruction, so combat is a neccessary evil. That said, I still prefer combat to make sense, not just fight to get some action in there. Action, in my opinion, can take the form of dramatic Roll playing, calculated planning, or dice rolling combat. So its not always "I attack, I hit, I do damage, next fight."

Along the same lines of overall story direction, we decide as a whole how we are going to create characters. Warhammer has a wonderfully random character generation system that I really like. Most, but not all, of my games have used it to create the player characters. It adds a little something to the game, an in-born obstacle for the character itself to overcome. I mean face it, if a human ratcatcher is trying desperately to leave his old ways behind him and become a Roadwarden... well you can see where I am going with this.

Once tone and characters are created, I then drop the big one, the setting. Now obviously we know its in the old world, and magic is not as prevelant as in Faerun or other fantasy realms. But knowing a bit about where you are from and where are currently adds a bit of realism to the game; allowing you to connect with your character a bit more. Generally I will write up a generic description of the area, with notable people that the characters either know or have heard of. This gives the players a base of operations and, as I said previously, adds a bit of background to the characters.

All of this is usually done via email, or forums. If we get a game going, I have no problem getting us our own forum to post in.

Now the game. Once we get a solid group together I will go more into more depth about certain house rules I use, but the single most important rule I have is this... You must have fun!

Other than this rule, I too find it annoying to have someone constant throwing dice around in the window, and chattering while I am trying to create a mood. I ask that we keep OOC chat to a mininum, outside of questions concerning the game or mechanics of the game. I understand that questions arise, and I will be glad to answer them, just be mindful of when you are asking. PM's are always a good thing.

I have used team speak in the past, and I like it. I currently have a vent server, skype and a couple of other VC programs. I will go with what the majority decides. Typically, we used VC to actually play, due to some people not being able to type very fast, and being a bit self concious about their spelling. Personally, I dont care. I will leave this decision to the group.

Hrrmm... that looks a bit rambling. Ok, in summation I will say this. I love to run games that concentrate on a story where the characters create the action, and move the story along. I DO NOT like linear stories, and will gladly rewrite my entire next session to accomidate changes that characters have made. This game is for fun. I view it like an episodic miniseries where the player characters are the stars, and their actions directly effect the world around them.

Any questions?

Vik

grimm182
October 2nd, 2008, 17:12
My only question would be what’s next then? :)

Two thoughts I had...have a session for each person to make sure their mic is working properly...i don’t know how many hours i have lost to someone who needs help with this.

Secondly, i don’t mind the random starting careers as long as the person feels comfortable with the pick...i once did a CoCthulu game where i was supposed to be the brainy scientist type...well im quite the opposite of that in real life so it was difficult for me to get into...but sounds like you have flexibility in your games so this is prolly a no issue.

Oh and did i mention i make my own warhammer tokens and portraits...so i can help out in that aspect.

GM_Viktor
October 2nd, 2008, 19:26
What's next? More players. :D I would run with 2, but 3 would be better. I prefer to have 3-5, but no more.

The mic idea sounds good, and really could be done anytime thoughout the week if needed.

As far as character gen, I totally agree. I prefer to use the random generation, but if a character is created that the player does not feel they can play, there is always an exception. Part of the fun with warhammer, however, is the idea of rising above ones station in life, or dropping down if that's what the player sees for the character.

I have some tokens from a game I played in, but I would be glad to see what you have made Grimm.

Any other questions or concerns from anyone that may be lurking or interested?

Vik

Rook
October 2nd, 2008, 19:52
I'm all for the random style of character creation too! I also see the wisdom of Grimm's words concerning the player's ability to play the random career.

The use of voice programs to "move" the game along is fine by me; however I flatly refuse to use it doing "ROLE-PLAY". It would kind of freak-me-out. Besides..., the wife just might be listening :)

Oh and did i mention i make my own warhammer tokens and portraits...so i can help out in that aspect.

And on a side note, I too make my own tokens. I've used the Mark of Chaos to create these puppies and they turned out beautify. One day soon I intend to use these for my own WFRG sessions.

Rook

GM_Viktor
October 3rd, 2008, 23:10
Well then, when would be a good time to start getting together to get some preliminary stuff out of the way?

Or, do we have any other general questions that I can answer for anyone?

Vik

Rook
October 4th, 2008, 01:44
I can give an hour or so on Sat. (anywhere from 1~3PM), or Sunday morning.

From what I'm seeing there will be at least three of us.

I normally have MSN Windows Messenger running ([email protected]) if you want to knock on my door.

Rook

grimm182
October 4th, 2008, 02:09
I am also available most of the weekend...i PM'd GM_Viktor with my IM info...

GM_Viktor
October 4th, 2008, 19:59
Honestly this weekend is bad for me due to prior obligations. Tuesday, however, could be good. Perhaps early evening, like 6-7est?

Vik

Rook
October 4th, 2008, 21:49
I can make Tuesday @ 7PM

Rook

DarkWarder
October 5th, 2008, 14:53
I'm interested in joining this group if it's still open. Tuesday nights are GREAT for me. I've never played WFRP so I'd need to know what source material to purchase to prep.

GM_Viktor
October 6th, 2008, 21:11
I'm interested in joining this group if it's still open. Tuesday nights are GREAT for me. I've never played WFRP so I'd need to know what source material to purchase to prep.

Honestly, the game is not full. At the present I only have 2 confirmed players, so another would be welcome. The only thing I can think of that you would need is the core book. I dont think there is PDF of it out there, but I could be wrong. If you dont have one, it is possible to make due without it. Let me know.

Do you know much about Warhammer, or were you just looking for something other than D&D to play?

Vik

DarkWarder
October 6th, 2008, 21:57
I know of it, but I've never played. I've been trying to find a Tuesday night rpg and this looked promising. I'll purchase the core rules once there's a firm commitment and you accept me into the group.

Birchtree
October 7th, 2008, 01:30
I'd also be interested in playing, though I'm in GMT. I've been playing 1st edition since it came out, and ran The Enemy Within and Lichemaster in Uni a few years ago. We had great fun with it.

GM_Viktor
October 7th, 2008, 11:50
To all my potential players. as far as I am concerned this is a go, we will schedule times to get together and make it happen. now for the bad news. there has been a death in the family which will take me out of pocket for the next 4 or 5 days. I wanted you all to know that. Those of you who have questions about careers, and dont have a book, fire a pm off to Grimm here on these boards and see if he can help you out. we will get together promptly on my return home. sorry for the short notice, it could not be helped.

Sincerly,

Vik

Rook
October 7th, 2008, 13:05
Sorry to hear about your loss Vik. Family is always first.

Rook

DarkWarder
October 7th, 2008, 13:19
My condolences Vik.

grimm182
October 7th, 2008, 14:48
Sorry for your loss.
Im here to help out where i can...take as much time as you need.

grimm182
October 10th, 2008, 00:48
Im going out of town till sunday, just an fyi if you send me a PM.

GM_Viktor
October 10th, 2008, 14:58
Ok all, here is a quick update. Things are going as well as can be expected. All the arrangements have been made, and things are beginning to settle down as much as they can under the circumstances. I will be returning home on Monday, and should be available for some Q&A and such any day after that. Please let me know when would be a good time to get togehter. I will say that Tuesday is the best evening for me, but any will work. Tuesday I am available from about 5pm until midnight, and the rest of the week I wont be available until after 7pm. I will have the server up Tuesday regardless, so people can connect to chat or just to get info. THIS IS NOT A SESSION, just to make that clear. I have not finalized anything for the sessions yet, as I will make those determinations based on characters created. Thanks again for your patience and good thoughts. It means a lot to me and my wife.

Vik

DarkWarder
October 10th, 2008, 15:17
Tuesdays are best for me. Any time after 6:30PM. I would be a good night to work out any kinks before we start.

Rook
October 10th, 2008, 18:27
Tuesady after 6:30 is also good for me.

Rook

grimm182
October 12th, 2008, 17:24
Ill be there, let me know if anyone needs help testing connection/firewall/mics. :)

GM_Viktor
October 12th, 2008, 18:42
Ill be there, let me know if anyone needs help testing connection/firewall/mics. :)

I am planning on this being that type of session... testing things out and getting characters made. By the by, anyone have a preferance on Voice program to use for this session? I understand a couple of you use teamspeak. I can finagle a vent server for a bit, or skype or any others. let me know what you think.

Vik

grimm182
October 12th, 2008, 21:43
I prefer Teamspeak, but really thats just cause its loaded and firewalled.

Rook
October 14th, 2008, 00:25
Well... I vote Ventrilo.

I feel that I've had WAY better performance and provides some neat features.

Rook

GM_Viktor
October 14th, 2008, 11:26
I may hold off on voice for today, but the server info will be up posted when I get home today. Server will go online at around 6pm EST, but I wont be on until around 7pm. See you all tonight.

Vik

grimm182
October 14th, 2008, 13:48
Rook, what features of Ventrilo do you prefer over Teamspeak, i havent tried Vent. since it first came out...

grimm182
October 14th, 2008, 22:58
I will more than likely run late tonight...figures 2 weeks of nothing and then tonight something comes up...but i will hurry.

GM_Viktor
October 14th, 2008, 23:17
its ok.. tonight isnt really a session or anything, more of a hammering out of ideas and possible character creation. For those interested in joining, here is the alias..... just ally quiet camp

I am up and running, but will be in and out for the next little bit. Laundry, aint it grand?

Vik

Rook
October 14th, 2008, 23:52
Hey Vik.... can seem to find the host.

Anyone else having any luck

GM_Viktor
October 14th, 2008, 23:54
ok.. let me rework the portforwarding... give me a few minutes, then try again.

DarkWarder
October 15th, 2008, 00:02
I'm running behind. I had a disk failure on my WinXP, so I'm trying to get running on a WinXP VM within Fusion on my MAC. Hope to join soon.

Rook
October 15th, 2008, 00:06
Still no luck Vik

GM_Viktor
October 15th, 2008, 00:18
kk.. try now.

DarkWarder
October 15th, 2008, 00:48
I'm dead in the water. I get a directx error. I'll get my PC fixed and contact you about PC creation.

grimm182
October 15th, 2008, 00:50
Let me know if you need any troubleshooting help!! :)

GM_Viktor
October 15th, 2008, 00:56
Dark, its all good man... I am sure we can get ya through it. you can pm me here if you have questions. If you get things going, and want me to put the server back up so you can try to connect, just let me know. I am available pretty much anytime after 6pm throughout the week.

Vik

grimm182
October 15th, 2008, 01:06
my Warhammer tokens: https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2i1156p&s=4

they were created with the NWN2 toolset...so im *not* an artist.

DarkWarder
October 17th, 2008, 00:12
Vik, I'm up and running. Let me know when you have a chance to bring up the server to create my PC. thx

GM_Viktor
October 17th, 2008, 11:33
Vik, I'm up and running. Let me know when you have a chance to bring up the server to create my PC. thx

Ok.. things got really hectic here all of the sudden, but I should be able to make some time Monday evening if you are available. If not, we can do it tuesday also. I am strapped for time this weekend with a birthday for a friend, and a trip to see my folks on Saturday.

Vik

DarkWarder
October 17th, 2008, 13:47
Monday works for me. Talk to you then. BTW, did Tuesday go well? How many PC's do we have so far?

grimm182
October 17th, 2008, 15:23
Rook and I made the Tues setup session! :)

DarkWarder
October 19th, 2008, 19:06
Vik, I'm available today or Monday evening to create my PC. Just let me know what time works best for you.

l8r

DarkWarder
October 21st, 2008, 15:25
We on for tonight?

grimm182
October 21st, 2008, 17:14
Ill be around. :)

grimm182
October 22nd, 2008, 00:50
Nothing tonight?

DarkWarder
October 22nd, 2008, 00:55
I haven't heard from Vik. Something must have come up. Hope we can get started soon.

grimm182
October 22nd, 2008, 01:04
Well let me know if you want to test connecting....firewall/ports and such...maybe you have them already setup...im just waiting around. (not complaining)

DarkWarder
October 22nd, 2008, 01:13
I didn't know you were hosting the game...but I'd like to test the software out.

grimm182
October 22nd, 2008, 01:14
well im *just* a player...but if you want to test connection...find me at: ugly idol cold idol

its up!

DarkWarder
October 22nd, 2008, 01:18
Haha...didn't mean it that way. It's my first time using FGII. I'll try to connect now.

grimm182
October 22nd, 2008, 01:24
Look like you are in...well see how long it takes to transfer the ruleset...
i *think* we could make your pc if you wanted...you roll - i witness...sorta thing.

DarkWarder
October 22nd, 2008, 01:33
I'm getting the same error I got the other night when I tried to connect with my FGII installed on my Virtual Machine.

CheckDeviceType Failed! Error code 18

grimm182
October 22nd, 2008, 01:34
Weird, cause it said you connected....then disconnected...let me see if i can look up the error....

did the ruleset download to 100%?

you say virtual machine...what OS you running?

DarkWarder
October 22nd, 2008, 01:41
Last Tuesday my WinXP hard drive crashed. I also have a MACBook Pro that I use at work. I have a program called VMware Fusion that allows me to run any OS I want to, virtually, on my MAC. So, I loaded FGII onto a WinXP Virtual Machine VM and tried to connect. I got the exact same error. I thought it was because I was running on a VM, but I'm getting the same error on my standard WinXP PC. Hope that makes since.

grimm182
October 22nd, 2008, 01:46
Ok, well that seems ok...tho not a standard setup.
For my router i have Port 1802 open to my local IP.
For windows i have the FantasyGroundexe.exe and 1802 allowed for windows firewall.

those match what you have?

DarkWarder
October 22nd, 2008, 01:48
What kind of firewall/access point are you using?

grimm182
October 22nd, 2008, 01:50
I use a netgear router...i have one rule for FG...allow 1802 to my local 192.168.0.13.

Other than that i allow the exe via windows firewall *and* the 1902 port.

DarkWarder
October 22nd, 2008, 02:03
I'm connect now...

DarkWarder
October 22nd, 2008, 03:44
Grimm and I connected tonight. We rolled my core stats, so I'm ready to roll.

Rook, are you still good to go? If so, that's 3 PC's!!!

I'm looking forward to creating a solid group!

Hoo Yah!

DarkWarder
October 22nd, 2008, 14:10
Grimm, last night when we rolled my PC. You had the WFRP character sheet. How did you get that? Does in come with the full version of FGII? Did you have to purchase it? make it?

grimm182
October 22nd, 2008, 16:16
I launched FG with the warhammer ruleset...thats where the sheet comes from...does that help?

DarkWarder
October 22nd, 2008, 16:18
Do you have to purchase the rulesets?

Oberoten
October 22nd, 2008, 16:25
The fellow behind the WHFRPG ruleset is Nezzir here on the boards. Give him a PM and he might share.

- Obe

DarkWarder
October 24th, 2008, 00:54
Shout out to Vik...are you still in? I'm not pressuring you ( I know stuff happens ) but I wanted to make sure you're still in for DM.
Thx man.

DarkWarder
October 28th, 2008, 19:37
Well I haven't heard from Vik. I hope everything's okay. We may be in need of DM. Another PC would be nice as well. Anyone interested in WFRP Tuesday nights GMT -5 speak up!
Hoo Yah!

grimm182
October 28th, 2008, 22:58
Im in for tonight if it works out. :)

DarkWarder
October 28th, 2008, 23:42
PM if you would like to join the setup tonight. I'll provide the TeamSpeak IP address; username and password via email.

Rook
October 29th, 2008, 00:31
It appears that Vik still has an issue or two left to deal with.

I had thought that this week would have been the game-night.

Rook

grimm182
October 29th, 2008, 00:35
Ill prolly keep an eye on this thread till 8:00..then call it a night.

DarkWarder
October 29th, 2008, 01:02
I think we're solid with 3 PC's: Grimm; Rook and myself, so hopefully we'll hear from Vik soon. If not, we could post over at the yahoo group azureawfrp and other such places to find a GM.

DarkWarder
October 30th, 2008, 13:24
I've found another PC who already owns FGII, so that makes 4. I've started posting around looking for a GM in case Vik is unable to join us.

DarkWarder
October 31st, 2008, 00:39
I have a possible GM!!! I'll try and setup a meeting to make sure we're all on the same page. Please email me at xfrogman5 at gmail dot com

grimm182
October 31st, 2008, 02:03
Cool, maybe we can get an nite other than tues, so if Vik comes back i can be in TWO games. :pirate:

DarkWarder
October 31st, 2008, 13:51
Rook and Grimm, Please post, email or PM if you have any time this weekend to meet with the GM. I'll get with the other player and coordinate with him.

If there are any others interested in starting a campaign with us please speak up now.

WFRP 2nd edition Tuesday Nights GMT-5

grimm182
November 2nd, 2008, 16:55
Hey DW, fyi i sent you a PM yest.

DarkWarder
November 2nd, 2008, 21:32
Hey man, yeah I got your PM. I'm waiting to hear from everyone before I schedule. I've only heard from you, so we may have to do the meet and greet with the new possible GM on Tuesday night regular time.

I also agree, we should move this to email and chat. We should collect everyone's info on Tuesday night.

DarkWarder
November 3rd, 2008, 23:41
I'll have the TeamSpeak server up by 7:00 PM EST tomorrow. I'll send out an email with the info around the same time. See ya'll there. If anyone is unable to make it, please let me know. Don't know if we have any politico's in the group that will be glued to the election.

DarkWarder
November 4th, 2008, 20:40
We won't be meeting tonight. Our GM has just returned from his fathers funeral, out of state, and isn't really up to starting a campaign (Completely understandable). He said it may be a few weeks before he's emotionally ready to get things started; however, he did ask for everyone's email address and wanted to know the following things from everyone.

"What I would be interested in knowing is. What kind of adventures do people like. What characters everyone would like to play. How long people would like to play per session, What is the balance between roleplay, and gaming. Are you thespians or wargamers? :) or in the middle? Just a list of likes and dislikes really, and how much warhammer lore everyone has."

You can answer here in the forum or you can PM me your answers with your email address and I'll forward everything to him.

Perhaps we can all find a night to do a one or two shot game while we're waiting for a campaign to start-up...your thoughts?

grimm182
November 6th, 2008, 13:34
What kind of adventures do people like? Im up for anything, it would also be cool to play thru the 1st ed "Enemy Within" campaign (with 2nd ed rules) or the 2nd ed "Paths of the Damned" campaign.

What characters everyone would like to play? I normally wait till others in the group have their pcs and then try to fill any gaps...my last pc was an Estalian Diestro.

How long people would like to play per session? In my experience you go on as long as the players/gm can or agree on a good stopping point.

What is the balance between roleplay, and gaming? I fit in the middle, I don't do either to the extreme.

Are you thespians or wargamers? or in the middle? Same as above, right in the middle.

How much warhammer lore everyone has? I have DMd a few 1st and 2nd ed games, I have read a few Warhammer Novels...I own 90% of 1st ed. releases and 100% of the 2nd ed so far...but 1st ed I don't remember and haven't read most of the 2nd ed stuff yet.

I was born in 1969 and am known to have a drink or three while I game.

DarkWarder
November 6th, 2008, 16:50
What kind of adventures do people like.
I’m with Grimm and it’s my hope that we can get a core group of players together that will be consistent.

What characters everyone would like to play. How long people would like to play per session.
I’ll take the first Human slot, but I’m willing to play anything.
I think we should start no latter than 7:00PM GMT-5 and go no later than midnight. If we all do our best to login a little before 7 we’ll be ready start on time.

What is the balance between roleplay, and gaming. Are you thespians or wargamers? or in the middle?
A little more RP than wargaming, but as long as the story is strong I’m game for anything.

Just a list of likes and dislikes really, and how much warhammer lore everyone has.
Love Bourbon….Makers, 1792, Woodford…oh…roll playing likes

I like for voice to be used at a minimum. I think text chat help with the atmosphere of the game.

This will actually be my first WFRP game. I’ve read the Core Rule Book and I’ve been testing it out myself to get the in’s and out’s. I’m also in the middle of Gotrek & Felix First Omnibus.

grimm182
November 6th, 2008, 17:56
oh, historically Sunday nights were the easiest nights to play for my groups, as every now and then im out of town for the weekend...but aside from one offs, most nights after 7pmest work for me...

and fyi...i just started the 2nd G&F omnibus!!

Helbrandt
November 6th, 2008, 22:17
Hey guys, I know this is outta the blue, and you already have a core group going. I'm a huge fan of WFRP, I have all but a handfull of the 2nd edition books. Used to play using fantasy ground, and teamspeak with a group of buddies till I got my current job. (state trooper)

During our last campaign I played a sailor, turned initiate of sigmar for nearly a year before we busted up. Anyway, saw this post and wanted to toss my hat in the ring when/if you guys get an opening. My days off are Wednesday's and Thursdays I noticed that you had been planning on Tuesdays around 7 or so. I'd be able to make that time with ease barring anything happening at the end of my shift etc.

As far as style of play, I try to gauge the party I'm playing with and cater to that... I do enjoy getting into my character, but I'm not a loon lol. Well, hope your group gets off to a good start, if I can join ya that would be excellent, if not I bid you good hunting!

DarkWarder
November 6th, 2008, 22:29
Helbrandt...as luck would have it, Rook who started this post, just picked up another game while waiting for this one to start.
We're waiting on our GM. His father just passed, so it may be a few weeks. Send me your email via Private Message (PM) and I'll forward it on to the GM.

grimm182
November 9th, 2008, 17:18
unbelievable, my mobo died...i also lost my laptop last month...starting to suspect the power in my new home, my wife is back in town tuesday...i will see if i can get her laptop setup if we do a tues night session.

the new mobo is being next day aired...but its sunday...so not sure when i will get it.....

Helbrandt
November 11th, 2008, 13:34
What kind of adventures do people like?

I am up for anything as well. My old GM ran his own campaign off the cuff. Would love the chance to play some of the adventures like Paths of the Damned series or the Enemy Within.

What characters everyone would like to play?

I have always played a human. I don't have anything against the other races I have just never played one. That being said though, I'd have to draw the line at playing a halfling... I don't think I could get into playing one.

How long people would like to play per session?

Until a comfortable stopping point is reached. 7pm to Midnight would be fine, though I remember several times looking up to see the sun rising... that was many years ago though lol.

What is the balance between roleplay, and gaming?

I like to play my characters...but I don't become them lol. I won't go to either extreme but I like to get into the character a bit, to make him seem more than a set of stats. I also try to play them consistently throughout the campaign by giving him a background as well as future goals to work toward.

Are you thespians or wargamers? or in the middle?

Right in the middle.

How much warhammer lore everyone has?

I have never GM'd a game yet. I own 90% of the printed material for 2nd edition, and several of the 1st edition books. I have read through most of the manuals for 2nd edition minus the adventure modules. I have left those undisturbed except for cursory glances. I'll be saving those for when my son gets old enough and I don my GM hat for him and his friends. I have read quite a few warhammer novels to include several gotrek and felix adventures, the ambassador series, I just completed "Heldenhammer" the first book in the Sigmar series. I have an entire bookshelf of the old Inferno books that contain numerous short stories. I won't list them all here lol, suffice to say though I'm an avid reader lol. That said I'm not a lore junkie whose gonna say HEY THATS NOT OFFICIAL CANON!

I was born in 1975, I'm a former Marine Corps Officer, a current State Trooper, and while I don't drink during a game I don't care if others do... as long as their not playing from a laptop while driving lol.

Well, I hope this posts this time, looking forward to playing with you guys if theres still an opening.

nezzir
November 11th, 2008, 15:54
In my sig.

DarkWarder
November 11th, 2008, 19:01
I'll will posting the TeamSpeak info later this afternoon and we can get started around 7:00PM GMT-5

This game hasn't started. Tonight is a meet and greet. Plus PC creation.

Rook, Grimm, Nezzir, Helbrant, Rich and anyone else come on by.

DarkWarder
November 11th, 2008, 22:29
Please email me at xfrogman5 at gmail dot com to receive TeamSpeak IP Address, Username, and password.

Hoo Yah!

Tymire
November 12th, 2008, 20:37
Would be interested in joining here if you guys need another.

What kind of adventures do people like.
Varies with the group. Prefer set groups of characters instead of just picking up random people in a bar. I hate it when I'm thinking for 1/2 a night why am I here with these idiots?

What characters everyone would like to play. How long people would like to play per session.
Have done just about everything in other games, don't have a favorite class type. Normally become a stop gap =P. 7-12 EST is perfectly fine.

What is the balance between roleplay, and gaming. Are you thespians or wargamers? or in the middle?
Pretty much straight in the middle also.

Just a list of likes and dislikes really, and how much warhammer lore everyone has.
Havn't played before, have read several novels, base book, and KoG.

grimm182
November 12th, 2008, 20:40
We are still looking for more players...so keep an eye on this thread for updates. :)

taoistpunk
November 13th, 2008, 18:49
I'd be interested in signing on:

What characters everyone would like to play?

I lean towards the Dwarves, but can play anything.

How long people would like to play per session?

7-12midnight EST is perfect for me...can go a bit longer if need be...I never like to drop something i'm in the middle of;)

What is the balance between roleplay, and gaming?

I lean towards roleplay, but a good fight is a key element in the fun factor

Are you thespians or wargamers? or in the middle?

I would say just to the right of center...

Lemme know if you need another and I'll put it all together...just sen me any game specs.

DarkWarder
November 18th, 2008, 14:06
Hey Guys, we'll be meeting tonight at 7:00 PM GMT-5. I'll probably have the TeamSpeak Server up around 6:30. We'll talk GM's and Campaigns. It would also be helpful for those who have auto-roll scripts to share them tonight. It'll help speed game play up. Is anyone up to running a couple of small skirmishes. It would help workout any kinks in our game play. We could use some pregenerated PC's. Anyway, looking forward to tonight.

If you haven't received an email with the TeamSpeak IP Address and a Username email me at xfrogman5 at gmail dot com.

grimm182
November 18th, 2008, 14:28
Count me in!

grimm182
November 19th, 2008, 02:49
Great session, sorry about being rusty...next Tues!!

Make sure you get with me or JJ..and get your PCs finalized.

We will be doing a one/two session adventure on the 25th!

catch you all later! hit me up here if you dont have my IM info.

DarkWarder
November 19th, 2008, 15:19
I agree great session.

One recommendation and I don't want to sound negative. We haven't started an adventure yet, so we were all having fun last night cutting up...including myself. I think it's important that when we start an adventure we're all on the same page as far as setting the tone. I really feel like setting the atmosphere right out of the gate is Very important. In fact, one of the things I'm going to do is change my TeamSpeak settings on my MAC so that I have to press a hotkey in order to be heard. That way...when some manling weapon screws up Mordrin's attack roll you don't hear me swear :-). I'd like to hear you guys thoughts on ways to create a good atmosphere.

Also, I'll be out of town of vacation next week. I'll have my MAC with me but my TeamSpeak server won't be available. Any takers on running the TeamSpeak server?

grimm182
November 19th, 2008, 15:23
I can run the TS server, that mean you are missing tues 25th? or just youll be "remoting" it?

DarkWarder
November 19th, 2008, 15:27
Great!

I'm planning on attending, but you never know what the family will come up with.

DarkWarder
November 19th, 2008, 18:24
Grimm, what campaign is Johan going to run for us?

grimm182
November 19th, 2008, 18:47
Well, I think we decided on me running a quick adventure next tuesday, then after starting the Paths of the Damned...at least i thought that was the plan.

DarkWarder
November 19th, 2008, 18:55
Excellent!

We should start a Yahoo group for the campaign.

Helbrandt
November 19th, 2008, 21:15
I think Johan was just throwing his hat in the ring as an alternate GM now at this point so we'll have a 3 man GM pool with JJ taking the lead. At least that was my understanding.

That Yahoo group would be nice, I'd like to continue with my writing (shoddy as it was). Grimm and I were talking earlier about how it would make an excellent resource for players to stay up on the current events.

I agree about the cutting up etc during game time. When the ball drops we need to make sure that everyones on the same page. Game time should be game time with as much of the extra chit chat cut out as possible. I know that sounds kinda ridiculous but alot of time can be lost to extraneous and unrelated chatter. I know several of us look forward to this game every week with great anticipation. There are plenty of messaging programs etc. that can be run in the background to take care of extra chatter.

We could post some guidelines etc. in the Yahoo groups as sort of a guide or some such.

Props to Grimm his token making abilities are top notch. Diggin my initiate token!

DarkWarder
November 19th, 2008, 21:38
I'm going to go ahead and setup a Google Group. I'll forward the info out as soon as I'm finished.

DarkWarder
November 19th, 2008, 21:46
Well that was easy. I sent invites to those I have emails for: Grimm; Helbrandt; and Tymire. I don't have JJ or Johan's email so they'll need to go to the site and join.

https://groups.google.com/group/wfrp-old-world

grimm182
November 20th, 2008, 04:18
I have some portraits if anyone want to put dibs on them.
Grimm - done
Mordrin - done
Klaus - done

Here are the portraits i have so far: https://i37.tinypic.com/jjs4rn.jpg

I have also done custom tokens: https://i34.tinypic.com/zink47.jpg

I know the rest need to make thier pcs up, catch me online and I can help you thru it!

DarkWarder
November 20th, 2008, 14:25
Grimm, the portraits Rock...for manling work ;-) Seriously, Great Work!

grimm182
November 20th, 2008, 17:07
Thanks, fyi: i wont be online tonight, family deal came up, back on tomm.

xxiii
November 21st, 2008, 06:57
I'm looking to get in on a group for some WFRP - if anyone has space let me kno - I would be greatly interested

Helbrandt
November 21st, 2008, 15:45
So far we are still a go for starting this campaign on Tuesday 25 November 2008. As of today 3 people have rolled up their characters and finalized them in preparation for Tuesday's game. That leaves four others...the bounty hunter, jailer, tombrobber, and one undetermined to complete if they are going to participate on Tuesday night. Lets try not to wait till the last minute folks. Several of us have been waiting quite a bit to get started. Tuesday night will be rocky enough getting started lets not add to it by not being prepared.

Also, Darkwarder has created a google group for our campaign. Send him a pm and he will set you up with a membership. We'll be using this to help the group as a whole stay informed of the current state of events. At the conclusion of each weeks events and prior to the next session the goal is to put a short synopsis of what happend that week so anyone missing the game will be up to date at the start of the next weeks session.

This site could be used for a number of other things as well. I have already posted my characters backstory on the site, and intend to keep a running journal.

Take advantage of it, and use it to help breathe some more life into the campaign.

DarkWarder
November 21st, 2008, 18:03
I'm looking for some WFRP dwarf material (History, Lore, etc), so if you guys can point me in the right direction it'll help me work on my background.

thx

grimm182
November 21st, 2008, 18:10
I use to buy thier armies book for races i wanted to know everything about, tho a cheaper way might be to look here:
https://www.bugmansbrewery.com/index.php?act=idx

I used it a few times to find stunty info in the past.

Helbrandt
November 21st, 2008, 20:59
Heya Darkwarder, sending you an email with some stuff.

GM_Viktor
December 5th, 2008, 11:26
Hello all. I suppose you may have forgotten good ol Vik, but I thought I would pop on and say hi, now that I am able. I apologize for disappearing so suddenly, but it could not be helped. As unbelievable as it may sound, I am just now back to where I can function. I was in a pretty bad car wreck, which had me incompasitated. Due to my injuries, I have been in the hospital until Sunday of this week. Merry Christmas to me huh? I am home now, and still recovering. I have a total of 16 pins in my body, so I guess I should change my tag to the bionic man. :D Once again, sorry I was unable to post anything, but as you can probably guess it wasnt expected. I see your game has taken off nonetheless, and I hope all goes/is going well. Cheers guys.

Vik