PDA

View Full Version : [Minor Bug] Identified Item text shared incorrectly on re-opening

Spyke
August 4th, 2008, 15:11
When re-opening an Item, the 'At a glance' text is shared even if the 'When identified' checkmark is ticked.

To reproduce this:

1. As GM open an Item and enter some text in the 'At a glance' and 'When identified' boxes.

2. Tick the 'When identified' checkmark.

3. Share the sheet with a player. Note that the 'When identified' text is displayed for the player.

4. Close the Item for All.

5. Open the same item. Note that the 'When identified' tick is still present.

6. Share the sheet with a player. Note that the 'At a glance' text is displayed for the player. This is incorrect.

7. Choose 'Update Shared Sheet', or toggle the checkmark off and on again. The 'When identified' text is now displayed correctly for the player.

To fix this, I think you need to change the onInit() function in the stringfield "identified" for the "item_client" window in adventure_items.xml from:

function onInit()
identifynode = getDatabaseNode().createChild("isidentified", "number");
identifynode.onUpdate = identifyUpdated;
end
to:

function onInit()
identifynode = getDatabaseNode().createChild("isidentified", "number");
identifynode.onUpdate = identifyUpdated;
identifyUpdated();
end
Spyke

Foen
August 5th, 2008, 06:34
I'm going to add this entry to the ruleset bug list here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8194), as it seems in keeping with the list of fixable bugs in the default d20 ruleset.

Stuart

Spyke
August 5th, 2008, 07:00
Thanks Stuart; I hadn't seen that thread. Very useful. I guess it's still appropriate to post any new bugs we discover in their own thread as well, as this would allow further discussion which may be handy in some cases, without cluttering your 'known issues' thread.

Tenian
August 5th, 2008, 10:49
This is the exact issue that caused me to make player copies of items. It was magnified because I allowed the dropping of items into player inventory. Nice to know there's a fix :)