PDA

View Full Version : What's up with my tokens and characters?

Mojobacca
July 31st, 2008, 19:31
I noticed that some of my tokens were messed up, so I went and editted the files for the tokens then saved them over the previous files. After reloading the program, all the previous tokens were still there and none of the changes I made were there.

So I go and pull my tokens out of the \docs and settings\app data\FG2 folder and tried to restart the program... and all my tokens were still there.

I reboot the machine, thinking maybe it's being stored in some temporary memory... still there.

I have no Tokens folder in my Fantasy Grounds folder, yet I still have all my tokens showing up.

How do I fix this?

My second problem is a player made a character locally on his machine using the same ruleset the game I'm running is using. When he connects and selects his character, there is no data at all on his sheet. Is he going to have to create a character while connected to me in order to use it in game?

Sorontar
July 31st, 2008, 19:48
First so we know, which ruleset are you using?

1) Is there a tokens folder anywhere else, say in your Campaign folder?

Mojobacca
July 31st, 2008, 19:51
I'm using the 4e-JPG rule set.

There was a tokens file in the campaign folder, which I also relocated with no success, but no other tokens folder that I can find.

Sorontar
July 31st, 2008, 19:58
I'd take this to the FUM forums as well if I were you (if you already haven't) as you will likely find a more focused group over there for troubleshooting JPG's rulesets.

Mojobacca
July 31st, 2008, 20:22
I guess I could. The token issue could be a ruleset problem, but I didn't think it would be due to the tokens being non-ruleset dependent.

Thanks for the other route I should take!

Sorontar
July 31st, 2008, 21:15
I guess I could. The token issue could be a ruleset problem, but I didn't think it would be due to the tokens being non-ruleset dependent.

Thanks for the other route I should take!

Not sure what JPG altered to be honest, do you still get the issue using the default d20 ruleset? If so then that's likely an FG and hopefully someone will be able to help.