PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

rundeks
July 29th, 2008, 03:12
So I just found out about this softrware and have downloaded the demo. It looks great, but before I purchase I want to know a few things. I looked in the FAQ and the message boards, but couldn't find answers. :confused:

1) Do the players need anything other than the LITE version to play?

2) If I purchase an add on module like the Savage World setting do the players also have to purchase them?

Thank You,
Kevin

Griogre
July 29th, 2008, 05:10
So I just found out about this softrware and have downloaded the demo. It looks great, but before I purchase I want to know a few things. I looked in the FAQ and the message boards, but couldn't find answers. :confused:

1) Do the players need anything other than the LITE version to play? No that is all.

2) If I purchase an add on module like the Savage World setting do the players also have to purchase them?

Up to now all SW settings do not require the player to purchase anything extra. This is a design decision, though, so you should carefully read the details of future releases - but up to now you are good.

There is a Savage World Online site you might want to check out by DA the guys who make the SW stuff.

If you have any more questions, just ask.

Foen
July 29th, 2008, 06:23
It is worth pointing out that if any of your players would like to GM in future, they should buy the Full version now because there is no upgrade path.

If you club together ang buy several copies at once, you can get a reasonable discount, but it must be through a single transaction (so you'll need to figure out how you settle the money between you, because one person will need to pay on behalf of everyone else).

Stuart

rundeks
August 1st, 2008, 00:50
Thanks for the great replies. I have purchased Fantasy Grounds and it's working great so far.

Thank You,
Kevin Runde