PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Campaign group.

Judokas
July 21st, 2008, 02:20
Hello All,

I am new to FG and to the latest versions of D&D (3+). I am looking to join a group that is starting at 1st level and working its way through a campaign to higher levels.

I have not played in a long time but when I did play we played campaigns and not "hack and slash" and the world was quite immersive. I did check the calendar and though there are alot of games it is hard to tell from the descriptions if the DM direction matches what I am looking for (hence why I wrote this).

My cursory look at the 4e rules seemed to show that they are almost becoming a MMORPG ruleset (which is how I have been getting my fix for the past X years). The 3.5 rules look alot more like what I would expect to play but I am open to new things. I am fine with chat, vent or both.

I am EST and would look to start playing around 10-11pm and could play multiple times/week (though I would only spend time on 1 campaign and 1 char). I have bought the Full FG2 license.

Anyhoo - if any of you DM's think this is a match then let me know. In the meantime I am playing with FG2 and the 3.5 ruleset and making a char.

My order of preference for char type is:
-Ranger
-Rogue Class
-Wizard Class

Most of you have been around and playing for a while so if you think this is not the way to find an appropriate group let me know.

Stuart
July 21st, 2008, 07:56
My own game is full (GMT 8 PM) but you should also try out the Four Ugly Monsters site; they have a number of groups on their boards that are organised via time zone - very handy !

mattag08
July 21st, 2008, 19:59
Judokas,

I've got a thread set up with the type of game that you're looking for (3.5e, late night) here:

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8670

Reply to it with your info and when a couple more people express an interest in the time slot then we'll fire up a campaign. I wanna get at least one more person so that we can have 3 PCs and a DM before we start. Ideally we'll have 4-6 PCs by the first or second session. Expressing your interest on that post may encourage others to reply too when they see that three people have already shown a desire to play in this time slot.

Regards,

-Matt W.