PDA

View Full Version : Sons of Gruumsh

Plissken
July 18th, 2008, 08:26
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=309

I would like to run Forgotten Realms adventure Sons of Gruumsh. Characters start at 5th level (you can use a previous character of your own if you want). Time and date depends on players. Suggest a date in the game info calendar.

Post a message, questions if you're interested. Hope to game w/you soon!

https://www.wizards.com/global/images/products_fracc_884467400_lgpic.jpg

mattag08
July 18th, 2008, 21:28
On the calendar it says, "Given times are just a suggestion" but I can't see any of the times you've posted. Could you let me know what your normal play times would be? Anytime after 8PM PDT would work well for me. Also, do I need the FR rulebooks? I have all of the D&D core books and more, but I've never invested in any particular campaign setting.

Plissken
July 18th, 2008, 22:26
Hi, I posted up some dates. Times that would be good for me are Thursday evenings, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons.

You don't need the FR book to play. You can just use the core and other books you have.

mattag08
July 19th, 2008, 01:01
Sounds great. I can definitely do Thursday or Friday and I'll probably be able to make either Saturday or Sunday (but not both in the same week and it'll change as to which one is better). I'll start whippin' up a character! Can't wait!

DragonBelow
July 19th, 2008, 01:16
I woould like to play as well, you allow PHB2? I would like to play a knight or duskblade

mattag08
July 19th, 2008, 06:26
I woould like to play as well, you allow PHB2? I would like to play a knight or duskblade

Ooo, Knight. I'm playing one of those in another campaign. Greatest. Tank. Ever.

Rykoth
July 19th, 2008, 15:49
I would be interested I love FR and I would like to bring back my half orc I did in original paper and pencil - if evil half orcs are allowed

Plissken
July 19th, 2008, 16:25
DragonBelow: Yes, PHB2 is ok. Feel free to play knight or duskblade.

Rykoth: I would love for you to play your half-orc but...no evil characters. Sorry!

Rykoth
July 19th, 2008, 18:34
Well I can make him more CN. Where do I get the stuff required so that I can see the module you're running/make a character?

Plissken
July 19th, 2008, 18:56
Rykoth, I don't know what you mean. Do you mean the calendar? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=309

You would make your character locally in the Fantasy Grounds program.

Rykoth
July 19th, 2008, 18:59
Rykoth, I don't know what you mean. Do you mean the calendar? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=309

You would make your character locally in the Fantasy Grounds program.

I'm new to this (not to rpgs, but to fantasy grounds) - what I mean is I don't have any of the 3.5, or forgotten realms rulesets, or the campaign you'll be using.

DragonBelow
July 19th, 2008, 19:40
What method do we use for ability scores

DragonBelow
July 19th, 2008, 19:48
oh by the way, I prefer to play on weekends :)

Plissken
July 19th, 2008, 20:04
Rykoth:
Hi,

Just to clarify, do you have the lite license of fantasy grounds?

You don't need the forgotten realms books or anything. Just create a character. If you have the lite license version of fantasy grounds, you should have the 3.5 ruleset. I'm not sure if you do or not since I have the full license.

Just create a character using the D&D 3.5 rules. If you don't have the player's handbook, give me your e-mail and I will send you a copy.

When the game starts and you logon, you will just load your character that you created locally or on the server and that's pretty much all you have to do.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Dragonbelow here are char. creation guidelines:
D&D 3.5
Starting level: 5th
Hit Points: Max HP for every level
Abilities: 33 points (32 + 1 for 4th level)
Wealth and equipment: As appropriate for level.

Rykoth
July 19th, 2008, 22:58
ah yeah I have the license

Oberoten
July 19th, 2008, 23:12
Nobdoy questions wether you have a license or not, what might be more important is what KIND of license.

If you can host, you have a FULL license,
if you can only join that is a light license.

- Obe

Plissken
July 20th, 2008, 01:54
Rykoth, you have any questions?

Rykoth
July 20th, 2008, 02:20
Rykoth, you have any questions?

yeah I lack a 3.5 handbook so I remember (been a few years since I did pnp) the initial stat rolls but everything else is a blur.

Plissken
July 20th, 2008, 03:24
Private Message me your e-mail. I'll send you a copy of the handbook.

DragonBelow
July 21st, 2008, 01:23
There are legal options, like the website https://d20srd.org

Or, oh my, buying a copy of the book...

Plissken
July 21st, 2008, 02:09
I have a physical copy of the book :) I always buy physical copies.

I was going to refer him to the SRD but I think he's never played this game and wouldn't know how to use it.

Plissken
July 23rd, 2008, 17:03
Still looking for more players. If you're looking to play a game, please join.