PDA

View Full Version : Testing my Setup

AugCarr
July 17th, 2008, 19:30
Hello,

I thought this would be more appropriate in support than in the "looking for games" section.

I would love to simply get a test of my setup. Someone with whom I could connect to their session, then they could connect to mine. I'm generally ok with this stuff (router config, etc.) but had issues connecting with a friend. Getting someone whose config works would eliminate one end and I could work out my end.

I'm US (Easter Time Zone: GMT-5) and evenings and weekends are best for me. I'm thinking we could Skype and test it out. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Griogre
July 17th, 2008, 23:01
Hey, AugCarr. What a lot of people that want a quick connection check do is just post your alias (if you have the full version). And put up a server for an hour or so. Usually someone will come along and jump in to check for you and let you know if they can get in. If you do this please make sure you use the default d20 campaign so people don't have to download a ruleset.

AugCarr
July 18th, 2008, 19:19
Awesome. Thanks for the insight. Which thread do you think it makes sense to post this in?

Sorontar
July 18th, 2008, 19:55
This one will do I reckon as it's already here :)

AugCarr
July 19th, 2008, 00:35
Ok. I've set up a test campaign server. canyouseeme.org can see port 1802, so I think I'm all set on router setup. The alias is:

bold vest firm ogre

I will leave this up at least until tomorrow (Sat. 19-Jul) at 1200 Eastern Time (GMT-5).

Please try to connect, perhaps roll a die or two, and post here to let me know if you were able to connect.

Thanks for the help.

Griogre
July 19th, 2008, 00:38
Worked fine for me. :)

AugCarr
July 19th, 2008, 00:39
Ok. Thanks to Griogre for the immediate response. Looks like my setup is working perfectly. So now... time to finish building out that adventure I've been working on for my first run...

I'm going to take down the server now.