PDA

View Full Version : Campaign for Demo

KoG
July 17th, 2008, 06:40
Hellooo, fellow RPGamers.

I've just recently downloaded the Demo for FG2 and it looks really good. I've been playing DnD since around January with friends from school. I found out about Fantasy Grounds from the same friends and some of them are moving countries due to their parents work. There's a chance of us using FG2 to keep on playing our DnD Campaign.
However, I'd really like to play through an adventure or campaign in the demo version to get a feel for really playing the game before I make a sure decision to buy the full copy.

My timezone is GMT+08:00. If there is a DM and any other people interested in playing a game in the Demo, post in here.

Also, I would not be interested in DMing as I have no experience in DMing.

Regards,
KoG.

P.S. This is my first post here.

zokamoka
July 17th, 2008, 21:51
Hi im new to DnD to all of it not just online and was wondering if anyone could arrange as session for me and the op so we could try out the program before deciding to buy it or not.

Plissken
July 18th, 2008, 01:33
Hi, I'll run a game for you guys. I'm not new to D&D but new to FG and am mostly planning on running games with it so this would be a good experience for me.

I'll keep you updated in another post later.

err.....actually it says:
The demo is not compatible with the retail version of Fantasy Grounds.

So, I'm guessing this will not work since I have the full version?

KoG
July 18th, 2008, 03:25
I'm obviously not 100% sure on that, Plissken, but maybe if the retail version isn't compatible with the demo, you could just download the demo and run a game from there.

*shrugs*

Plissken
July 18th, 2008, 06:16
KoG, I'll run a game for you guys. I downloaded the demo version. I was just reluctant at first cause I thought it might damage my full install in some way but I searched the forums and saw that some other people did this and it was fine.

I'll go over the adventure and see what dates we can setup later to play. What days and times are good for you?

ZorxPotz
July 18th, 2008, 08:55
I would also like to participate if the different timezones and my average knowledge of your language will allow to do so!

So, any free slot available?
Greetz, Zorx
:bandit:

btw - playing "the Demo" your tallking of "A Tale of Dinor" .. do you?

zokamoka
July 18th, 2008, 10:00
Ok good to see someone is ok with running the demo =), my timezone is GMT+1 but im pretty much ok with whatever time since im not working atm I can wake up at 5 am to game or whatever time/day is good =D.

And my wife might to want to join us too not so sure about that, but I think shes interested.

KoG
July 18th, 2008, 10:36
I'm pretty flexible due to summer vacation so feel free to spout out a time that's good for you guys and I'll let you know if that works for me or whether we can move it around a little.

:)

ZorxPotz
July 18th, 2008, 14:29
hm... it seems that zokamoka (and his wife) has almost the same time zone as I do, while Plissken is in the States and KoG seems to be overseas (from my point of perspevtive) as well, only in the other direction. GMT +8:00 - isn´t that far far east like China, Phillippines, Indonesia and such ..??

:confused:

edit: sometimes its really helpful to fill in the country of residence in the profile!

KoG
July 18th, 2008, 15:14
Yup, China (Sorry, haven't really looked at profile options and the such yet).
I'm an Australian currently living in China, due to parents work.

But yeah, enough of me lol.

Well if it's 6pm here, it would be 9am in GMT+1 and 3am in Seattle.

If it's 9am here, it would be midnight in GMT+1 and 6pm in Seattle.

If it's 12pm here, it would be 3am in GMT+1 and 9pm in Seattle.

And if it's midnight here, it would be 3pm in GMT+1 and and 9am in Seattle.

So yeah. Plus or minus a few hours, we would have to choose one of these variations.

zokamoka
July 18th, 2008, 21:16
As said before feel free to wake me up at 4 am or so to play =P

Im from Norway btw.

Plissken
July 18th, 2008, 22:28
Any of these 3 times would be good for me:

And if it's midnight here, it would be 3pm in GMT+1 and and 9am in Seattle.

KoG
July 19th, 2008, 05:49

Either of those will be better for me. zokamoka and ZorxPotz, you guys pick one of those or if these aren't do-able, then the other one that Plissken said.

Also, which day/days? I'm fine for any day of the week.

ZorxPotz
July 19th, 2008, 09:25
hm.. I must regret that I am (due to work and other appointments) not as flexible as you all seem to be.
Weekend is here and Sunday would suit me best to spent a few hours with FG2, so what about tomorrow?
Having spread all players across the continents in a huge stretch it will be always a bit uncomfortable (early / late) for somebody - ideal for my schedule would be (since I am GMT +2) the something near that...

tomorrow´s Sunday, one more suggestion:

gmt 0 = 4:00 pm

Plissken 8:00 am (- 8 hours)
KoG 0:01 am (midnight / + 8 hours)
zokamoka 5:00 pm (+1 hours)
Zorx 6:00 pm (+2 hous)

Are there any miscalculations?? Hope this proposal helps a bit to become concrete..

cheers & best wishes, Zorx
:bandit:

Three more questions:

1.) what about character creation - who plays who/what? Having the chars ready before the play saves alot of time.. for a demo session we might could use ready-made- characters if the DM has the time to provide/make them.

2.) I guess we´re using 3.5 rules, are we?

3.) I still don´t know if we are going to play "A Tale of Dinor" which comes with the demo,.. do we ? Plissken??

KoG
July 19th, 2008, 11:06
Yeah, I guess I could take one for the team lol.

If we're playing 3.5 (which I have the books for), I'll be playing a rogue. Most likely human or elf.

Also, when you say Sunday, you mean for me that it would be Sunday night and once it hits midnight, it would be early Monday morning, right? Just checking.

ZorxPotz
July 19th, 2008, 11:46
yes, "our" Sunday is "your" Monday already! But maybe this is way too soon for the GM - as he has to prepare things - his decision I guess ... (Zai Jian!)

zokamoka
July 19th, 2008, 12:07
Im fine with tomorrow I allready have a lvl 1 sorc ready.

ZorxPotz
July 19th, 2008, 12:17
.. having the PCs on sheet is quite helpful, but at last they have to be assigned / implemented into the program!

So if there´s a rogue and a magic dealer, I guess the tank is missing... not what I am used to play.. but then I´d like to try my best as a (maybe dwarven) fighter!
:rv:

Plissken
July 19th, 2008, 18:49
Hi, guys.

First...there's going to be a slight problem. There is a limitation with the demo and that is that only 2 people will be able to connect at once and there are 3 of you. No problem, with this, since I don't mind running 2 sessions for the one who hasn't played the first time.

The days that I will be able to play (PST) are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (that will probably be one day ahead for you guys). So any of those days at anytime is fine for me.

When you guys connect, that is when characters will have to be made since characters can't be saved and created locally in the demo, and I can't save anything as a DM. We will be playing the Tale of Dinor adventure since I can't create and save one of my own.

Just to speed things up when you guys log on and create characters, here are quick char creation guidelines:
1st level
32 point buy
Max hp
appropriate wealth and equipment

It would be faster if you created this on sheet and then transferred it over on to the virtual char. sheet.

Here is the calendar link:
https://fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=310

Plissken
July 20th, 2008, 08:54
Btw, I think I will run a small little dungeon delve of my own. I read through "A Tale of Dinor" and in my opinion, seems a little weak. Don't read it over though just in case I do run it.

ZorxPotz
July 20th, 2008, 09:39
hm, .. I forgot about the fact of the limitation with the demo that there will be only two people able to connect. Since I was last in line in applying as a player I would step back from the game. For a 2nd round we would need another Player since it isn´t really thrilling for the other player to go through the same story again.
If there´s another game anyway - maybe you guys have bought the full version, feel free to invite me once more!

In addition I had sessions already with FG2 - I bought it straight ayway, convinced of its potentials and was particular interested in doing the "Tale of Dinor" since I planned to DM it (1st time) myself. Havn´t read it to this day I thought it would be a good idea to first go through it as a player.

Well maybe some other time.. !
best wishes to you all & and a exciting delve into those fantasy grounds...
ZP

zokamoka
July 20th, 2008, 13:40
Actualy since me and my wife are gonna play im fine with if the OP and ZorxPotz to go first and me and my wife could do the other round.

KoG
July 20th, 2008, 16:20
Yeah, good idea, zoka.
Maybe we could do that.

What does Mr. DM and Mr. Potz think?

Plissken
July 20th, 2008, 20:02
That sounds good. So Kog and Potz first and then zoka and his sig. other.

Kog and Potz, do you think you could make it on tuesday (22nd) or sunday (27th)? That would be either wednesday and monday for you guys probably.

Potz, to play with Kog, you do need to use the demo version. Also, if you're looking for a game (with the full version) I'm running a game here:https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8673

KoG
July 21st, 2008, 17:33
Both days are fine for me although if I recall, Potz can make it only on Sunday's or something, right?

ZorxPotz
July 21st, 2008, 20:12
Only Sundays isn´t quite correct, but usually I have to work during weekdays. Having us three spread all around the planet doesn´t make dating alot easier, does it?

Unfortunately I am invited to a wedding next weekend and the least I can offer to "pass by" in the evening, which is early morning on the one side of the planet and late night on the other...
(Sunday 27th, 2008 gmt time 4 pm could work out though, which still would mean in your timezones 1) Plissken 8:00 am (- 8 hours) & 2) KoG 0:01 am (midnight / + 8 hours)...

And one more question for the GM - having me pulled back into the boat I´d like to ask again if - even if you find it a bit boring - we still could do the Tale of Dinor, or definitely not? Of course you would be free to alter it to your taste & liking (dungeons, plot-twists etc. pp) .. after all this was my personal reason joining our little debate!

Thx for the invite Plissken to that other game but 5 am is a bit of an early start for me... (besides the job that wants to be done!)
;)

Plissken
July 22nd, 2008, 05:41
Sunday the 27th at 8 am for me works fine. So, sunday 27th then? If so, just confirm by signing up on that date on the game page:

Let me think about what I will be running that day...

ZorxPotz
July 22nd, 2008, 19:37
done...
(let me know about your decision!)
;)

Plissken
July 23rd, 2008, 17:01
I'll be running Tale of Dinor

ZorxPotz
July 23rd, 2008, 21:39
great .. and as I said feel free to alter & twist it as you like! All that is most welcome, since I certainly do not insist to play exactly like it was meant to be!

cheers! :pirate:

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 04:40
Hi, guys. I'll be waiting for you guys at 8:00 a.m. (my time) check the game page: https://fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=310

The server address and password are listed there. Log in whenever you are ready!

KoG
July 27th, 2008, 10:59
Any idea on when we'll be done?

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 15:38
I'm thinking around 2 hours or less. That is an exaggeration though. I'll try to have you sleep before 1:00 a.m. :) Are you in Beijing?

KoG
July 27th, 2008, 16:00
Appreciate it lol.

IT'S A MYSTERY.

(Not Beijing, though)

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 16:02
Let me know if you're able to connect

KoG
July 27th, 2008, 16:17
I don't think it's connecting...

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 16:18
hmm, does it have to be my ip address or local ip? Go to the game page and try the other ip I listed. https://fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=310

KoG
July 27th, 2008, 16:20
...don't Ask Me.

KoG
July 27th, 2008, 16:21
..That's supposed to be in Caps Lock...

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 16:23
Try connecting again... with the first IP. No password

What's happening on your end? Just says you can't connect?

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 16:24
it´s only 5:20 p.m. here - have you already (tried) to start the session!
I´ll need another 20 minutes at least!
:(

edit: any means to communicate? icq, yahoo ? etc. pp. ??

KoG
July 27th, 2008, 16:28
I don't know if it's connecting or not but after a few times of trying to connect and failing it, some of it kinda goes invisible and then there's lots of thin squares.. Might be loading... No idea.

KoG
July 27th, 2008, 16:30
It's 11.30 for me.. If anything, we're late by 30 minutes..

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 16:36
i have msn: [email protected]

Strange, cause I have started the game....I just need you guys to connect. When you connect, it should ask you to start a new character or choose one.

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 16:37
hmm.. is there a miscalculation by one hour? maybe because of german summertime? I thought at midnight at KoGs place and 8:00 am at Plissken´s place.. anyhow I´ll be there in half an hour!

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 16:40
Oh....guys
hold on I think I know what the problem is

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 16:43
forgot to have the ports open? :o
(joining you in 20 minutes..!)

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 16:45
yeah port forwarding. I'm working on that now.

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 16:47
Ok, give it a try.

KoG
July 27th, 2008, 16:50
Still not working.

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 16:51
...try the other ip.

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 16:53
same here .. :(

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 16:56
Turned off my firewall....

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 16:59
hmm, nothing here!

btw - was it that IP adress: 192.168.1.3 ???

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 17:01
Yeah, that's the right one.

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 17:01
hm... seems none of the two given IP adresses work!

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 17:02
ahh.. ok - but still! let us try it with an server alias!
:square:

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 17:04
Unfortunately, the demo doesn't allow server alias

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 17:06
Ok, try once more. Last time....

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 17:06
I see... what else could it be? I am sorry to be of not much of help, but this is the 1st time I am working/playing with the demo version...

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 17:07
could not connect to the host....

have you been successful with the other two players??

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 17:08
Try connecting one last time, I changed some port forward settings.

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 17:11
nothing ... !:hurt:

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 17:14
too bad!
some other time, some other place?? :confused:

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 17:18
Yeah, I think so. I'll try to fix the settings and make sure it works next time.

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 17:18
Zorx, you purchased the full version right?

ZorxPotz
July 27th, 2008, 17:20
yes I have.. !

btw - has KoG already went to bed??

Plissken
July 27th, 2008, 17:20
lol, I think so. Sorry Kog!

KoG
July 27th, 2008, 18:36
I give up.. Going to bed.
Hope it worked for you guys or something.

G'night.

KoG
July 27th, 2008, 18:39
LOL.
Been refreshing page 5 since my last post there but didn't see anything 'cos I never looked at the pages so I didn't notice that you guys had actually posted.
Yeah, anyway, I tried a billion times..

Goodnight again. :)

Plissken
July 28th, 2008, 06:06
Yeah, I refreshed a couple times w/out seeing the new page get started.

Real sorry 'bout sunday. I had no idea I had to do port forwarding. Finally got it to work and I'm sure you two will be able to connect. Let me know if you're still interested.

ZorxPotz
July 28th, 2008, 17:40
I´d say yes, definately!
next sunday, same time?? (maybe with a testrun before that day, to see if your ports work properly??)

ZorxPotz
July 30th, 2008, 21:25
is someone still reading this thread? ..would be nice to know if it´s gonna happen (this sunday!) or rather not!

thx! :bandit:

zokamoka
August 4th, 2008, 01:46
Im still here =()

Qenji
August 4th, 2008, 07:05
I would also be interested in a demo game if there is room in a session

KoG
August 4th, 2008, 15:44
holycrap.

Just realised it was Monday.
So... What's happenin' with this?

ZorxPotz
August 6th, 2008, 16:38
bahh ...much fuzz about nothing as it seems!

Qenji
August 7th, 2008, 14:10
We could make this work, but we probably need a experienced DM

Plissken
August 7th, 2008, 17:19
Hey, all. Sorry about the late reply. I haven't been checking the forums since that day, was really busy with school. I'll still run this for you guys but it would have to be someday after the 18th. Also, we're going to have to find sometime other than sunday or a later time than sunday since my sundays aren't free anymore.