PDA

View Full Version : Thank God for stumbleupon

Torgo
July 15th, 2008, 07:01
Praise him and his noodly appendages. Without stumbleupon, I'd never have found this program. If you didn't know, stumbleupon is a thingy I put on my firefox that knows I like dorky stuff and finds it for me.

I'm fiddling with the demo for fantasygrounds, and it's really making me excited for DND again. I haven't played a good tabletop RPG since college, which was years ago, right after 3.5 came out. Now all my DND buddies have split up, and this looks like it could reunite us again.

I literally just got up to do a happy dance before coming back to edit this line into my post.

I haven't geeked out like this since the announcement of 4.0 got my hopes up about online DND. We all know how THAT turned out. [/wrists]

Now all I have to do is convince my buddies to download this and we're in business!

Oh and thanks to the developers too, I suppose. :p

Griogre
July 15th, 2008, 10:24
Welcome to the boards, Torgo. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

richvalle
July 15th, 2008, 13:55
Oh, and we need the video of you doing the happy dance.

:)

rv

Tokuriku
July 15th, 2008, 14:23
Me too wanna see :ninja:

Lysander
July 15th, 2008, 14:31
Isn't there a saying: "Beware what you ask for, you just may get it..."

I'll take his word for it that a happy dance was done and leave it at that! :D

Torgo
July 15th, 2008, 21:10
Unfortunately I have no webcam or digital camera.

It would be foolish to try to recreate something as spontaneous and unique as a sincere happy dance anyway. It would be like trying to create an exact copy of a snowflake from memory.

Quick noob question about full version licenses: If I get the lite version, can I upgrade to the full version later by paying the difference?

Ged
July 15th, 2008, 21:26
Hello Torgo,

Upgrades from Lite to Full are not currently available.

Torgo
July 15th, 2008, 21:45
Hello Torgo,

Upgrades from Lite to Full are not currently available.

Ah, thanks for that.

I will consider that choice carefully then.

Ablefish
July 16th, 2008, 05:38
Have your friends download the demo and try it out... You'll probably do what we did a couple years ago and 5 of us all bought the full version as a bundle. We've easily gotten our money's worth of enjoyment. 3 of us have been GMs at various times and we love how the program let's us geek out despite being spread out across the continent.

Andugus
July 17th, 2008, 02:55
If anyone in the group might GM buy the full.
If someone feels the itch to see what goes on in the dark of the GM's area, buy the full version.
If a person among your group could be called upon to GM, buy the full version.
If one in the group will ever GM and I do mean ever, buy the lite version.

Ablefish has a great idea for you too. Buy all Fantasy Grounds copies at once for the best savings possible. Glad you found us and good luck gaming out there!

azbo
August 1st, 2008, 17:49
I don't think it's technically in keeping with the TOS but in the spirit of fairness if you changed DM's you could probably switch keys and reinstall. Thus basically trading who had the full.