PDA

View Full Version : losing hotkeys

adol
July 13th, 2008, 12:45
I saw 2 posts about this issue, but there wasn't any solution given. Therefore I post again about it.

Me (GM) and my players are sometimes losing hotkeys when we click on them. I mean the slot we just clicked on gets filled with a "0". It seems to happen randomly. We haven't been able to reproduce it on purpose.

We don't use the function keys to activate the hotkeys.

Any solution ? (apart from using the function keys, which I don't even know if it would solve it)

Thanks ! :)

Oberoten
July 13th, 2008, 13:40
This happends when someone is rolling a dice at the same time.

DNH
July 13th, 2008, 14:04
I think this always happens when using the mouse to activate them, as opposed to the keyboard shortcut. Using the keyboard should stop it happening.

Griogre
July 13th, 2008, 18:52
DNH is correct. If you always use the Function Keys you won't have a problem. To take this a step further, if you are on a laptop where you might have a problem using Function keys. You are most likely to experience this bug when the GM calls for group rolls all at once. In D&D that would be Initiative, and for Spot & Listen checks because everyone is rolling at once.

During individual turns it happens seldom because only that person is usually rolling. So if you are a gambling man, using Function Keys for when the GM calls for rolls by everyone and the mouse for your individual turn the odds are pretty good you won’t zero out your shortcut. You will save yourself tons of aggravation if you always use function keys, though.

adol
July 14th, 2008, 19:21
Thank you all for those informations !

Any chance to see a fix ?

Xorn
July 14th, 2008, 20:02
They only recently locked down that it's caused by multiple people rolling dice at once (I'd hazard it's caused by multiple people clicking hotkeys at once), so they haven't had a chance to forecast how fixable it is.

Griogre
July 14th, 2008, 22:14
I believe "that upwardly moble" Marquess (Oberoten) locked down the technical problem behind it recently. It's a really anoying bug for those who use their mice. It's on the Wish Lish Ged put up, but we don't have any ETA's on fixes.

Oberoten
July 14th, 2008, 23:50
Oh you flatter me, upwardly mobile is just a question of knowing your daggers and poisons... and keeping an ample supply of both the later and men and women willijng to use the former on your behalf.

- Obe

Sorontar
July 15th, 2008, 00:30
Oh you flatter me, upwardly mobile is just a question of knowing your daggers and poisons... and keeping an ample supply of both the later and men and women willijng to use the former on your behalf.

- Obe

Signing up for duty SIR! ;) If the poison in the tankard doesn't finish 'em my maul will, or your money back :D